Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, how many wins are we expecting for the 2012-2013 season?

So, how many wins are we expecting for the 2012-2013 season?

This is pretty much a prompt to get people talking, and to hear some predictions that don't involve our starting lineup for a change..

I'm predicting we go 36-46. Which would be a good start for the team. I don't think we have enough experience to go 40+, but I feel we have just too much talent to win any less than 30-35 games.

What does everyone think?

I think there will be injuries and inexperience that leads us to a 32 win season. The season after we should bounce back to the mid-40s or so and then the sky is the limit after that.

Cool! I dont an exact number, but around 38-43 wins, and I favor us to hit the forty win mark.

I'm a big fan of that Avatar, Jinishima.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Thanks, the Wire is one of my favorite shows, and that image Bodie always stood out to me
    "This Game is Rigged Man" - Preston "Bodie" Broadus : The Wire Season 4 EP 13

I'm saying 28-54. IMO we aren't that good from top to bottom and we really have no depth. We don't have a top 25 player on this team or 3 top 100 players. Don't expect much and think 28 is due to Monty getting everybody to play hard every night. Enough teams will over look us or mail in enough games so we'll win 20+.

Only 7 more than last season? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Only 7 more than last season? Wow.
    I agree. This team is much better than last year's. 7 more wins with 16 more games is borderline lunacy

Kaman being gone is an addition by subtraction. Okafor and Ariza barely played last season. Jack's loss will hurt for sure.

Gordon, Davis, and Anderson are easily in the top 100. Not sure why Da Troll is drinking.

Last year's team was injury depleted and they still won 22 games in 66 games. This team if healthy will win at least 30-35 for sure. Anderson, Davis, and a healthy Gordon are huge additions.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I'm going with 34-48, but would not be the least bit surprised if we got a few more wins than that....team health will naturally play a big part and its a must that Monty develops a knack of knowing who to have in and when...I am not as down on our depth as some seem to be around here, but that's based on a couple guys stepping up and doing their part when called upon...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I'm saying 28-54. IMO we aren't that good from top to bottom and we really have no depth. We don't have a top 25 player on this team or 3 top 100 players. Don't expect much and think 28 is due to Monty getting everybody to play hard every night. Enough teams will over look us or mail in enough games so we'll win 20+.
    Wow. I can't believe these statements. I'd like to know who your top 100 are and how the hell did Gordon, Anderson and Davis NOT get in there?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    Wow. I can't believe these statements. I'd like to know who your top 100 are and how the hell did Gordon, Anderson and Davis NOT get in there?
    Davis has to prove he's a top 100 player before I award him anything and that's with any rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I agree. This team is much better than last year's. 7 more wins with 16 more games is borderline lunacy

Kaman being gone is an addition by subtraction. Okafor and Ariza barely played last season. Jack's loss will hurt for sure.

Gordon, Davis, and Anderson are easily in the top 100. Not sure why Da Troll is drinking.

Last year's team was injury depleted and they still won 22 games in 66 games. This team if healthy will win at least 30-35 for sure. Anderson, Davis, and a healthy Gordon are huge additions.
    Are we back to name calling now?SMH

First you guys are counting Davis as a top 100 player when he just played his first NBA anything. Second you clearly are assuming that I think this team will remain healthy all season when I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    You do realize he didn't say that all three weren't in the top 100. He's saying we don't have three, and I'm willing to bet he's omitting Davis probably because he hasn't played in the NBA yet which makes sense.

EDIT: he beat me to it lol
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Mid-thirties.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

If Gordon can give us 75 games (he probably won't), I would consider anything under 34 wins a failure.

Haven't we learned not to let da throne troll ?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    You do realize he didn't say that all three weren't in the top 100. He's saying we don't have three, and I'm willing to bet he's omitting Davis probably because he hasn't played in the NBA yet which makes sense.

EDIT: he beat me to it lol
    Sorry, phrased it badly. My question was how did we NOT have three in the top 100.

But I'll let it pass since I see some reason in rookies not being ranked.

I'd peg us at 35, +/- 5.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    37-45

I think we struggle to start, but progressively get better throughout the year. Anderson will be the team MVP, and Davis will win rookie of the year. This record is guessing at injuries too. I say Gordon plays a total number of games somewhere in the 60s. If he played all 82 games, I'd say we're around 42-40.

Also, to dA Throne, no depth? Seriously? Anderson and Davis are both solid starters, while Smith and Lopez are great bigs to have playing the rest of the minutes. We also have Warrick and Thomas to play in case of injury or blow out. At the 3, we have Aminu, X, and Miller, or we could go big and play Davis there, or go small and play Rivers or Mason there. At the 2 we have the ability to play either Gordon, Rivers, Mason, X, or Vasquez. PG is our weakest spot, but we still have 3 guys that can play point in Vasquez, Rivers, and Roberts.

And Davis not top 100? Seriously? Do you realize who #100 is? It's Nick Collison according to NBA Rank.

You really don't think Davis can match Collison's production?

Last year our best player a lot of the time was Jarrett Jack. Barring another 9 game season from Gordon, I don't see how we finish below 30 wins. It's just not plausible to me.

I'll say a ceiling of 44 wins, floor of 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    37-45

I think we struggle to start, but progressively get better throughout the year. Anderson will be the team MVP, and Davis will win rookie of the year. This record is guessing at injuries too. I say Gordon plays a total number of games somewhere in the 60s. If he played all 82 games, I'd say we're around 42-40.

Also, to dA Throne, no depth? Seriously? Anderson and Davis are both solid starters, while Smith and Lopez are great bigs to have playing the rest of the minutes. We also have Warrick and Thomas to play in case of injury or blow out. At the 3, we have Aminu, X, and Miller, or we could go big and play Davis there, or go small and play Rivers or Mason there. At the 2 we have the ability to play either Gordon, Rivers, Mason, X, or Vasquez. PG is our weakest spot, but we still have 3 guys that can play point in Vasquez, Rivers, and Roberts.

And Davis not top 100? Seriously? Do you realize who #100 is? It's Nick Collison according to NBA Rank.

You really don't think Davis can match Collison's production?

Last year our best player a lot of the time was Jarrett Jack. Barring another 9 game season from Gordon, I don't see how we finish below 30 wins. It's just not plausible to me.
    If you look at this roster and see depth I don't know what to tell you man. I like Smith you can make an agruement for him maybe Vasquez. Everybody else however won't see the floor for any contending team.

Once again I don't know how Davis will responed to being a pro. Maybe he'll exceed Collisons production maybe he won't. Until he actually does he's not better than Collison that's the way I see it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    So you're saying Anthony Davis is worse than any other player that has ever played in the NBA because he is a rookie?

Also, on depth - I see a lot of different guys that can produce on any given night off the bench. To me Smith is a great 3rd big off the bench, and Lopez is a great 4th big. I really believe our bigs are some of the stronger in the NBA. Given that we added Rivers, Mason = Belli, and X should improve (even if it's just a little), there is some depth there. There's plenty of different options we can go with this team. Of course it's not the most talented bench, but it's not horrible.
    Last edited by Bee-Fense; 10-07-2012 at 10:08 PM.

I can see 30 wins. Like Da Throne said, I'm not sold on the depth or our centers for that matter. Lopez has a lot to prove (I'm not sure what people are basing their expectations for him on). Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers will have their games where they show flashes but at the end of the day they haven't played a pro game and haven't come anywhere close to playing over 82. They'll improve over last year but unless the rest of the West performs horribly, I think they are a year away from being mentioned in any type of playoff/.500 season talk.

^ I'm of the opinion that if everything goes perfectly (health, players living up to expectations, chemistry, etc.) the Hornets may be able to threaten for the eighth seed. I would be ecstatic if they got to forty wins.

Depends on how many games Gordon plays and how fast AD improves. anywhere from 25 to 45.

Thread Information