Pelicans Report

Thread: Visiting From NJ

Visiting From NJ

Guy from New Jersey here. Will be in town early November. Was thinking of going to the game vs Utah - am I correct to assume that walking up to buy a couple of tickets near game time won't be a problem?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    You should be great, I did it plenty of times last season. Just be sure to make sure they did not sell out so you don't waste a trip down town.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    In years past, perhaps, but now they've sold around 12,000 or so season tickets so who knows. I'm still thinking you'll be able to get them walk-up since Utah isn't much of a draw on the road.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

if not, the NBA is supposed to be launching their Ticket Exchange program this season, which should make it easy to obtain tickets
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    In years past, perhaps, but now they've sold around 12,000 or so season tickets so who knows. I'm still thinking you'll be able to get them walk-up since Utah isn't much of a draw on the road.
    I agree. If they've sold 12K season tickets that leaves about 5K for singles. Utah isn't a big draw but that game is on a Friday night so who knows.

Blog Entries
    They haven't sold 12k season tickets per game. They're actually still well below 10k last I checked.

Counting individual game tickets, partial game plans, and full season tickets, they've sold an average of over 12000 per game already.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

i have a ticket man that sells tickets outside the game.. i could give you his number maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    They haven't sold 12k season tickets per game. They're actually still well below 10k last I checked.

Counting individual game tickets, partial game plans, and full season tickets, they've sold an average of over 12000 per game already.
    They announced 12K tickets before individual game tickets went on sale.

They've reached 12K season ticket equivalents.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post

My mistake. The number was in my head -- sort of an odd way to gauge tickets sales.

My mistake. The number was in my head -- sort of an odd way to gauge tickets sales.
    There are full season tickets and there are equivalents that equal a full season ticket. So however they got to 12K, they got to it.

NEW ORLEANS -- Call it the Anthony Davis factor. The Hornets are now over 12,000 season ticket equivalents.

That means if you sell four to 10 game packages, that equals one season ticket.
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/basketba...170090916.html

That particular game is the first Friday night game, and according to my tickets rep, there's gonna be a lot of promotions for it and it will be tied in with Champions Square. I would hop on those tickets quick. If we get out to a nice start, don't be surprised to find it difficult to get tickets for that game.

They got to 12k the day singles went on sale to STH. Not a day before. Singles to the popular games put them over and those are not equivalents. They do not package high demand and low demand games.

Their fulls + equivalents are below where they were last year, as are fulls alone. Many downgraded.

Check the dates if there is doubt.

However they got there, or whenever they got there, they got there. Keep climbing!

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    That particular game is the first Friday night game, and according to my tickets rep, there's gonna be a lot of promotions for it and it will be tied in with Champions Square. I would hop on those tickets quick. If we get out to a nice start, don't be surprised to find it difficult to get tickets for that game.
    Sounds good.

I picked up two tickets- assuming the wife will go with me! Not exactly a big basketball fan, maybe she'll bring a good book to read....

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    If you are coming in from out of town, I would just buy the tickets now, they won't go down in price unless people are trying to offload them on stubhub.

Thread Information