Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Five Reasons to Jump on the New Orleans Hornets Bandwagon Right Now

Blog Entries

Five Reasons to Jump on the New Orleans Hornets Bandwagon Right Now

James Grayson, Hornets247.com

There are reasons to be optimistic this season about the New Orleans Hornets. These reasons are why we should see more fair weather fans declaring themselves Hornets “fans.”
    People are already hitchin’ their wagons headin’ for New Orleans!

With the regular season approaching and our official announcement that it is indeed Hornets season already I thought we might try and convince those passive NBA fans to join Hornets nation right now!
    I know what you are thinking Mr/Ms/Mrs. Dedicated Hornets Fan, “No, I don’t want them to support us — they are annoying.” I’m here to say that you need these fans.
    Why might you ask? Well the answer is simple. Ever get frustrated when the Hornets get*zero National TV coverage when they’re playing well? It’s because of these bandwagon fans. They haven’t hitched their wagon to our merry band and big-time networks will only cover something that garners more eyeballs.
    So with that reasoning I’m here to rally everyone around the NBA to hitch their wagon early and partake in our glorious journey!
    1. Anthony Davis will be one of the best to play the game
    He hasn’t played a second in the NBA, but folks know that Davis’ talent is undeniable. His defensive impact will be*electric and the color of the paint in the key will be a warning signal to any foe who dares enter it.
    Davis is not just a great prospect and player right now, his brand appeal and youthful exuberance both on and off the court is something that everyone will like. What makes him even more appealing is his long-term potential. Many say he has the capabilities and package that Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett once had. Now, he’s not there yet, but he could be soon.
    Rather than wait four years before declaring yourself an Anthony Davis fan, why not do it now and save yourself the trouble of looking like a fair-weather NBA fan?
    2. The Austin Rivers/Doc Rivers rivalry

More...

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I'm already riding right on the hood of the wagon like a big ole creole hood ornament
    Wherehappens.

That said Joe, you should add a #6:

6. The Rebrand

all aboard!

Well, ive certainly been a hornets-first fan since they arrived in our city, but i've jumped on registering on this forum about five min ago. Cant wait to discuss this hornets team with other hornets fans. Hopefully we can get other fans to support us.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    In one year we went from all aboard the tank train to jump on the bandwagon. Can't wait for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    In one year we went from all aboard the tank train to jump on the bandwagon. Can't wait for the season.

I think you have to have ridden the tank before you're allowed on the bandwagon.

Bandwagon or not lets strengthen our fan base. Turn the bandwagoners into die-hards. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    I think you have to have ridden the tank before you're allowed on the bandwagon.
    Awesome; Agreed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jinishima View Post
    Well, ive certainly been a hornets-first fan since they arrived in our city, but i've jumped on registering on this forum about five min ago. Cant wait to discuss this hornets team with other hornets fans. Hopefully we can get other fans to support us.
    Welcome!
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Those were dark times, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Those were dark times, indeed.
    I disagree. Maybe I'm looking back on it with rose tinted glasses, but I don't think anyone was actually upset about how poorly the Hornets were playing. We were all pretty accepting of the fact that it was a lost season and we had the draft to look forward to. Personally, I never felt too depressed about the season at all.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    6. They won't be named Hornets for much longer.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I just don't understand the nature of a bandwagoner. I can't care about something one day and not the next. I can understand not supporting a poorly run team finacially, but to just not care at all because they aren't winning is just immature to me.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-02-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Rather than wait four years before declaring yourself an Anthony Davis fan, why not do it now and save yourself the trouble of looking like a fair-weather NBA fan?
    Aside from how absurb I think Davis becoming the best player in the league is. If your talking to bandwagon fans why would they care about looking like "fair-weather" fans?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Aside from how absurb I think Davis becoming the best player in the league is. If your talking to bandwagon fans why would they care about looking like "fair-weather" fans?
    That's not absurd at all. That's a real possibility. AD has no limits to his potential at this point. He could end up being the GOAT. We have no idea at this point. Which #1 picks would you choose over him in the last 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I disagree. Maybe I'm looking back on it with rose tinted glasses, but I don't think anyone was actually upset about how poorly the Hornets were playing. We were all pretty accepting of the fact that it was a lost season and we had the draft to look forward to. Personally, I never felt too depressed about the season at all.
    It was the uncertainty of it all. Even if we had the worst record in the league, we still weren't guaranteed the top pick. And let's face it, this was a one man race, and we just so happened to win it. I was a tanker all along, but that doesn't mean that I was happy about it. It was just the only option IMO, and I was only truly happy after we won the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I just don't understand the nature of a bandwagoner. I can't care about something one day and not next. I can understand not supporting a poorly run team finacially, but to just not care at all because they aren't winning is just immature to me.
    For me, it's the tough times that makes winning so great. We were with this franchise at its lowest point, and now we are preparing to ride the high (hopefully for at least the next 15 years). "Bandwagon fans" just hop on the "high," and that means that winning, to them, won't be nearly as sweet as it will be to us.

Keep in mind, I say this as a life long Saints fan - I'm only 21 years old, but you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    That's not absurd at all. That's a real possibility. AD has no limits to his potential at this point. He could end up being the GOAT. We have no idea at this point. Which #1 picks would you choose over him in the last 5 years?
    Irving
    Griffin
    Rose

Hell if not for Oden injury issues I'd take him over Davis.

I see nothing special at all about this dude. I've seen super athletic, long 4's with much more skill bust. While I doubt he'll bust but there is nothing that I've seen from him that says best player on a team let alone best player in the league.

AD will be better then Griffin..."mark it dude."

He will not. And I'm not on the Blake bandwagon. However I see a far better skillset with Griffin than Davis. The one thing I've learned from watching basketball is players only get so much better. I've never seen a player make the leap that Davis would have to in order to be the games top player.

I can't think of one NBA player that has completely revamped their games since entering the NBA yet everybody seems to think it's a given Davis will make this godly transformation.

HI. I jus want to chime in. About AD being better than Blake Griffin, I favor Davis because AD dosent need the ball to have an impact on the game like other great big men (Dwight, Duncan, KG). Blake dosent have the skillset or physical tools(short arms) that AD has to make the same type of impact that AD can. Obviously defensively theres no contest, and Blake has more work to do, but even on offense AD does some things better Think about it. Just taking the eye test alone, wouldnt you say that AD is a better than Blake shooter even now? He certainly is more fluent if anything. Blake is certainly a better offensive product than AD right now, but Davis has shown his potential as an offensive player who can only get better.

Really? And what skillset does Griffin have besides dunking and rebounding (and flopping)?
    The skillset i see does NOT include... Shooting, Dribbling, or Passing....

I thought last season was only bad because we didnt make the playoffs. I enjoyed watching 90 percent of the games (a handful were almost unwatchable... Remember the Atlanta game (vomits)) They fought hard and it was good to see the youngsters play. Hopefully we double our winnings this time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    James Grayson, Hornets247.com

There are reasons to be optimistic this season about the New Orleans Hornets. These reasons are why we should see more fair weather fans declaring themselves Hornets “fans.”
    People are already hitchin’ their wagons headin’ for New Orleans!

With the regular season approaching and our official announcement that it is indeed Hornets season already I thought we might try and convince those passive NBA fans to join Hornets nation right now!
    I know what you are thinking Mr/Ms/Mrs. Dedicated Hornets Fan, “No, I don’t want them to support us — they are annoying.” I’m here to say that you need these fans.
    Why might you ask? Well the answer is simple. Ever get frustrated when the Hornets get*zero National TV coverage when they’re playing well? It’s because of these bandwagon fans. They haven’t hitched their wagon to our merry band and big-time networks will only cover something that garners more eyeballs.
    So with that reasoning I’m here to rally everyone around the NBA to hitch their wagon early and partake in our glorious journey!
    1. Anthony Davis will be one of the best to play the game
    He hasn’t played a second in the NBA, but folks know that Davis’ talent is undeniable. His defensive impact will be*electric and the color of the paint in the key will be a warning signal to any foe who dares enter it.
    Davis is not just a great prospect and player right now, his brand appeal and youthful exuberance both on and off the court is something that everyone will like. What makes him even more appealing is his long-term potential. Many say he has the capabilities and package that Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett once had. Now, he’s not there yet, but he could be soon.
    2. The Austin Rivers/Doc Rivers rivalry

More...
    I am sure that person did not mean we fans who have always followed them, win or lose.

Thread Information