Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: And So It Begins (Eric Gordon Knee)... {merged}

And So It Begins (Eric Gordon Knee)... {merged}

Cautious Approach with Gordon

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that Hornets guard Eric Gordon will have limited participation in training camp due to soreness in his right knee. Eric experienced soreness in his right knee while participating in voluntary workouts with the team at the end of the summer. Gordon underwent arthroscopic surgery last season on his right knee and returned to full strength at the end of the season and during the Olympic try-outs.

“The team is taking a cautious approach with Eric to give him the best chance to be ready for the season," General Manager Dell Demps said.

Eric Gordon injury update?

Seriously?? Is he made of glass??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Oy vey

Doesn't seem that big of a deal.. he will probably be 100% by the start of the season so..

Why couldn't he leave his knee in Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

So, who will be driving the tank this season??

Wow.....and this is why you draft Rivers. I honestly think if Gordon keeps milking this injury card he will be traded by the deadline. To me it seems like every bump he gets he'll sit out...can't/or won't play though pain at all. How is he supposed to get a chemistry with his teammates if he's limited the entire training camp? Franchise players play through "soreness" EG...u still have a lot to prove...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Ahhhh whatever. Let him rest and get 100% for the regular season. And if he doesn't play then o well we won't be as good as we originally thought. But we will not be one of the worst teams in the league and shouldnt tank. If anything a lot of Hornets fans will be satisfied because Rivers would play the 2 heavily.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-01-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Well...
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    Doesn't seem that big of a deal.. he will probably be 100% by the start of the season so..
    I guess what worries me is that he's had months of "rest" prior to this soreness, and that it was just a workout that re-aggravated it.

So it seems like no matter how much rest it gets, it will always have a propensity for getting worse with activity.

That doesn't sound good to me.

He may have a degenerative knee condition or a low pain thresh hold...

Not worried, probably just don't want to show to much when Real Training Camp come on NBA tv

Joe Gerrity ‏@GerrityJoe
    Eric gordon just said he expects to play a lot more pg this year.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Ahhhh whatever. Let him rest and get 100% for the regular season. And if he doesn't play then o well we won't be as good as we originally thought. But we will not be one of the worst teams in the league and shouldnt tank. If anything a lot of Hornets fans will be satisfied because Rivers would play the 2 heavily.
    EXACTLY.
    Wherehappens.

I see a lot of "not worried" in this thread.

My question simply is: When will you worry?

Blazers fans lied to themselves for years, claiming that they weren't worried and every couple of months a new story came out about how Oden will come back bigger and stronger than ever.

If you are not worried now, what will make you worry?

I know a lot of Saints fans make the Drew Brees comparison, but I can't imagine another injury plagued season can keep that comparison relevant. What will it take? I am just curious. Thanks in advance
    @mcnamara247

On the chat they just said they'll have official pics later today or tomorrow morning. They seem to be lacking with this compared to past seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Blazers fans lied to themselves for years, claiming that they weren't ready and every couple of months a new story came out about how Oden will come back bigger and stronger than ever.

I know a lot of Saints fans make the Drew Brees comparison, but I can't imagine another injury plagued season can keep that comparison relevant. What will it take? I am just curious. Thanks in advance
    For me, nothing will make me worry because there's nothing I can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Blazers fans lied to themselves for years, claiming that they weren't worried and every couple of months a new story came out about how Oden will come back bigger and stronger than ever.

Or Brandon Roy...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I will be worried when he is out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Okay, then let me reframe my question:

At what point would you be willing to accept the Hornets moving on and taking back lesser talent, but talent that actually plays? Obviously Eric Gordon is superior to Danny Granger and Rudy Gay, with a more friendly contract, but how many more injuries would have to occur before you would be okay with the Hornets moving him for a player like that?

Going back to the Oden situatuion- he was a player with far more upside and a more reasonable contract than Emeka Okafor's, but who would you have rather had from 08 through 2011?

Thread Information