Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hornets Add 3 Players for Camp

Hornets Add 3 Players for Camp

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have signed three free agents (Solomon Alabi, Dominique Morrison and Chris Wright). Per team policy, terms of the contracts were not released. With the additions, the Hornets current training camp roster stands at 17 players.

Alabi (7-1, 252) spent the 2011-12 season with the Toronto Raptors and made 14 appearances, averaging 2.4 points and 3.4 rebounds in 8.7 minutes per game. The Nigerian native recorded NBA career-highs in points (11), rebounds (19) and blocks (3) in the season finale against the New Jersey Nets. Alabi has two years of NBA experience, while also competing in the NBA D-League during the last two seasons. The former Florida State standout played in nine games for the Bakersfield Jam in 2012, averaging 9.1 points and 7.7 rebounds per game while shooting 47.3% from the field. During the 2010-11 season, he appeared in 22 games for the Erie Bayhawks and finished with averages of 7.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game. Alabi left Florida State after three seasons, finishing as the school’s all-time leader in blocks per game (2.1).

Morrison (6-6, 210) played four seasons at Oral Roberts University and averaged 16.1 points and 4.4 rebounds in 129 career games for the Golden Eagles. Morrison left Oral Roberts ranked fifth in school history with 2,080 points. The Missouri native also ranks among Oral Roberts leaders in free throws (3 rd ), free throw attempts (4 th ), field goals attempted (6 th ), field goals made (7 th ) and free throw percentage (9 th ).

Wright (6-1, 209) competed for the Olin Edirne of the Turkish Professional Basketball League during the 2011-12 season. He averaged 12.7 points while leading the team with 4.1 assists and 1.0 steals per game. Prior to the 2011-12 season, Wright played three seasons at Georgetown University. The former McDonald’s All-American averaged 12.5 points, 4.0 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game in three seasons for the Hoyas.

11, 19 & 3 aint a bad game

Haha I just met Alabi in a Starbucks when I was in Toronto about a month ago. Small world. Hope he has improved enough to grab the last roster spot on this team.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Alabi has great size and still young. Wouldn't mind seeing him at the end of the bench.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Couldn't be no worse than DJ Mbenga. So why not?

Always been a fan of Alabi, awesome to see him get a chance here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Another 7 footer would be great. Monty said he wanted to get taller.

Averaging 9 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks/game in only 21 minutes is nothing to scoff at - even if it is in the D-league. Imagine how many altered shots he had as well. He would be a project for sure, but he is a very interesting player.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Nice guys to invite in.

Bring in Julian Khazzouh!

I'm glad we have another big 7 footer!
    Hopefully he makes the team and is our 3rd option behind Smith and Lopez at C.

Is Wright a PG or an undersized SG?
    Don't the Hornets need to make a call on Vasquez, Aminu and Henry (QO) by the end of October?

Other then the obvious reasons (extra bodies for training camp).....maybe they have brought in Morrison to replace either Aminu or Henry.

Morrison is probably the most interesting of the bunch. Good size, Shoots good percentages, and was consistent throughout college.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Bring in Julian Khazzouh!
    Aussie represent!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I was hoping we would bring in Solomon Alabi, this guy has great size and can really run the floor, i'm with the majority on this one, i hope he sticks with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Aussie represent!
    hehe (:

Is Chris Wright really 6-1 and a PG or is that a typo?
    The only info I can find about a Chris Wright is a 6-8 PF from GSW.

How many players on a final roster including Inactive players are allowed on a team?
    Hornets have 17 ATM.

Re: Hornets Add 3 Players for Camp

^ 15, iirc.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

PG Vasquez/Rivers/Roberts/Wright
    SG Gordon/Mason/Henry
    SF Aminu/Miller/Morrison
    PF Davis/Anderson/Warrick/Thomas
    C Lopez/Smith/Alabi

Is it only out of Vasquez, Roberts, Wright, Henry, Aminu, Morrison, Thamas and Alambi who are not officially on the roster?
    Which two players are dropped to finalise the roster at 15?

I doubt any of these 3 make the team since its always beneficial to have an open roster spot in case of trades.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Is Chris Wright really 6-1 and a PG or is that a typo?
    The only info I can find about a Chris Wright is a 6-8 PF from GSW.

How many players on a final roster including Inactive players are allowed on a team?
    Hornets have 17 ATM.
    Yes, he's the point guard from Georgetown.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I doubt any of these 3 make the team since its always beneficial to have an open roster spot in case of trades.
    One will have to.
    That makes 15......I'm guessing Alabi will make the cut as we require a third C.

Or are you suggesting have only 14 players to start the season and make a trade for two players for the Hornets one?
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 10-03-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Yes, he's the point guard from Georgetown.

Thanks Hunny!!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Its always nice to have another 7 footer to fall back on. So I'm rooting for Alabi, though I have no real care whether he makes it or not.
    @DanielVeuleman

Are teams now required to carry 15?? 15 is just the max they can carry, most teams usually carry 13 or 14 though.

Thread Information