Pelicans Report

Thread: NBA Preview 2012-2013 Hornets

NBA Preview 2012-2013 Hornets

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...s=iref:nbahpt2..... Kenny smith is well..... kenny smith
    Last edited by lancebrou68; 09-25-2012 at 05:47 PM.

I think he is half right. Of course as a rebuilding team, we are never going to be favorites to get to the play offs, but that point he makes about the team counting of Davis to be our best player. What about Gordon? I mean it is not impossible (very unlikely) that we could have both the MVP in Gordon and the ROTY in Davis. (just for the record, I think Davis has a much greater chance to be ROTY than Grordon of being MVP, but it is not impossible)

yea i agree, Gordon would have to completely Break Out and stay healthy to do that

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't think many teams have had both in the same season.

This team will be counting on Gordon and Anderson. Monty and Dell have said repeatedly, and correctly, they will not be counting on rookies for the team's success. The only type of rookies you could do that with are players like Kobe, Durant and Lebron, which this draft did not have.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This team will be counting on Gordon and Anderson. Monty and Dell have said repeatedly, and correctly, they will not be counting on rookies for the team's success. The only type of rookies you could do that with are players like Kobe, Durant and Lebron, which this draft did not have.
    Not even Kobe or Durant. It is pretty much only LeBron and Carmello out of the crop of currently active players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Not even Kobe or Durant. It is pretty much only LeBron and Carmello out of the crop of currently active players.
    Chris Paul.

yah CP almost carried us to the playoffs his rookie year. West and Chandler were struggling players before him and he transformed them into allstar calibre players

Add Blake Griffin to that list at 22 pts and 12 rebs his rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    But he didn't them to the playoffs, which is what they were talking about.

Griffin is a special case because his second year in the league was his rookie season. Even then, I wouldn't put him in the same class as others.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Griffin is a special case because his second year in the league was his rookie season. Even then, I wouldn't put him in the same class as others.

Never quite understood that argument. Griffin didn't play a game that season and was rehabbing all season in the gym. When did he have time to improve so much? Did he figure out the secret recipe or something? Then there are guys like Scola who played like 8 years in Europe. Does his rookie season count? What about guys that go to all four year of college like Brandon Roy vs someone who came out of high school like Lebron James? Should Roy be a rookie? Then you have guys like David Robinson that went to college and served in the Military for a few years. Don't tell me that didn't help him out.

We have to go by the league definition of NBA rookie to be fair to everyone.

And he definitely belongs in the same group as Melo. Lebron, well, nobody really belongs in lebron's class at this point.

Lbj didn't get his team to the playoffs his rookie year either...so melo is the only one by y'all standard? Anthony Davis ceiling is as high as melo, cp3, or blake griffin...but it's hard to mention anyone with lbj

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Only reason he's not mentioned in the same class as LBJ because you can't seperate him from his athleticism and people are too concerned about Davis's weight and lack of offensive polish...even though he's got WAY more offensive skill than Griffin's punk, floppin' self.

Can't wait to see what we do this year.

^ pretty much

With LeBron and Melo, you can tell they would still be productive if/when injured. Griffin... not so much.

^ pretty much

With LeBron and Melo, you can tell they would still be productive if/when injured. Griffin... not so much.

Well, I didn't mean to kick off a Griffin love-fest here, lol.

My expectations of AD his first season are pretty high actually.

Maybe 18 pts, 12 Rebs and 2-3 blocks. I expect his defense to be somewhere between KG and Bill Russell. RotY. A top 10 nominee for DpoY. Should be an all-star sub. That's about it.

Well, I didn't mean to kick off a Griffin love-fest here, lol.

My expectations of AD his first season are pretty high actually.

Maybe 18 pts, 12 Rebs and 2-3 blocks. I expect his defense to be somewhere between KG and Bill Russell. RotY. A top 10 nominee for DpoY. Should be an all-star sub. That's about it.
    We know you love the Clips and Griffin but why am I detecting sarcasm in this paragraph?

"Davis will be the best basketball player ever. Please quote me"--Silverfoxx
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    We know you love the Clips and Griffin but why am I detecting sarcasm in this paragraph?

Sarcasm in first sentence definitely. None in the rest. I really believe AD will be a transcendent player. When I get a good vibe, I'm a very optimistic person. It really pays to be optimistic in life. He will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    "Davis will be the best basketball player ever. Please quote me"--Silverfoxx
    done

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    done

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    done
    Seems to be a popular sig. I'm liking the sentiment.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Thread Information