Pelicans Report

Thread: Nice Jason Smith Interview

Nice Jason Smith Interview

Hornets.com: Individually, what do you think you can improve the most this season?

Smith: To provide more of a defensive presence in the middle is a big emphasis for me. Also to work on my body and remain healthy. I want to be there if we need that big guy to help out – whether it be because someone is in foul trouble or for any reason – and to provide leadership for the young guys. I want to use my experience. I’m really the only guy on the team who has been around for the whole time that Monty Williams has been here in New Orleans. I want to give teammates a better idea of what Coach Williams expects from them.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/blog/horn...-smith-92512-0

Nice find bud. Warrick with a defensive spark? Oh, Jason, you don't have to be that polite.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    Nice find bud. Warrick with a defensive spark? Oh, Jason, you don't have to be that polite.
    Haha, yeah. I thought that was a reach too. I liked what he said about Lopez, though:

Smith: He’s a big, big body. He’s a very hard worker. He’s a very underrated low-post player. I think with our coaching staff he’s going to get a tremendous post game going. He’s going to be a very integral part of our system, and I think he’s going to be crucial player this year.
    I really do think Lopez will thrive in our system. We'll see, but I have a real good feeling about him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I did not know, that he was the only player, that has been here while Monty has been here. It does not take long for NBA teams to change rosters.

Thread Information