Pelicans Report

Thread: The ref situation makes me want to take this season off

Blog Entries

Saints The ref situation makes me want to take this season off

With Sean out all year, I didn't expect anything big. IF we'd made the playoffs I'd have been pleasantly surprised.

Now that this ref thing has actually come to fruition and we're seeing the consequence it has on watching games, specifically in how long it takes and how many game-changing bad calls there have been, I almost want to just write off the season and start over next year.

Anyone else feeling like it's just not worth dedicating half a Sunday to watch a game decided by guys who have no business being on an NFL field during a game?
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

The thing that troubles me is, I would have thought with time, the calls may have gotten better after adjustingt o the speed of the game and the rule sets; but the opposite has happened. Time has just EXPOSED how underqualified these guys are.

Regarding the Saints, the reason i'm "writing off" the season is two fold like you said. I think the season is pretty much done.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I certainly love () how the defensive players on most teams (certainly not the Saints) have figured out they can re-enact the Dead Ball era since the refs won't call anything non-obvious and miss half of everything else. Be prepared to see play calling move towards a lot more long bombs interspersed with runs since everything else gets blown up.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Notice the late hits when the guys hit the ground as well?

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    looks like the real refs are back. Now we can go back to hating them for blowing a bunch of calls. Thankfully they don't take two hours to blow a call though.

Kudos to the Redskins and RG3 for putting up a show but if that hail mary pass interference BS call had not happened i dont think we lose that game. I think losing to a rookie quarterback and getting shredded on defense killed the teams moral and they carried it into the next two games. I miss Reggie taking five defenders with him lol; Sproles is better but defenses were terrified of Reggie. He opened up so many channels for us; i dont think ppl realized how important he was.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    looks like the real refs are back. Now we can go back to hating them for blowing a bunch of calls. Thankfully they don't take two hours to blow a call though.
    Exactly!

Thread Information