Pelicans Report

Thread: Bee-Zanie tryouts are THURSDAY

Blog Entries

Bee-Zanie tryouts are THURSDAY

Just got word from the team. Clear your schedule for that evening. I'll have more details later today, but getting free tickets to every Hornets home game is a prize worth winning.

I'll be speaking with a Bee-Zanie about how to make the squad, what you get out of it, and what the obligations are shortly. I'll hopefully have a piece up about it tonight

--

update-- Tryouts are 7-9 at Walk On's.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/bee-zanie...on-information
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Cool. I won't be able to join, but hope some out you guys make it and have tons of fun.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

ill be there as Bee-Lazy

ZZZZZzzzzz
    If Wayne is E.T.-ish tell him phone home

I may be in the minority, but not a big fan of the concept. It seems too minor leaguish and forced to me. I like the impromtu fans dressed within the crowds like at the Saints games.

I can see your point, but you have to understand, the major costumed people you see in the group (myself included) dressed randomly in the Arena before the group was created. We're just all in one area now hah.

@DatPurpleHornet

Oh and one correction from my previous post, we are now only sponsored by Zatarains. Doesn't look like Budweiser is featured on the main page anymore.

I think

Sponsors can do what they like
    It's good
    If it gets the attention of some fans and helps draw them in, even better
    It'd be sad if it was necessary
    It doesn't preclude the 'natural state' by it's existence

Blog Entries
    Here's an interview with a certain Bee-Zanie, if anyone is interested in hearing about what it's like to be part of the team, or what it's like to tryout.

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/09/25...-to-bee-zanie/

Q: Can you tell me what it’s like being part of the most hardcore Hornets fan group around?

Sean: First off, it’s an amazing experience. We get tickets to sit in the lower bowl of the arena, allowed to stand the whole game (which isn’t usually the case in the lower bowl, for those who have sat lower before), cheer/chant for the team we all love, and be around other fans just as crazy as we are. Coming up on our 3rd season together, we have some veterans who are just like family to me, it’s great.

Q: You’re about as experienced a Bee-Zanie as they come. What advice would you give to those who are trying out for the first time?

Sean: DO. NOT. HOLD. BACK. Seriously though, we’re looking for some of the craziest Hornets fans who want to give it their all for 4 straight quarters, win or lose, why wouldn’t you give it your all for a 30 second-minutes tryout? A common misconception of our group and question I always get is, “Do I need to be in a costume or have a character?” The answer to that, nope, but we do require our members to have Hornets gear on or a Bee Zanies t-shirt (which will be given to all accepted members)

Q: Is there anything in particular that you think the judges are looking for?

Sean: I know this is probably understood, but showing up in Hornets stuff is always a plus. In the past, the judges have shown interest in those possessing originality with their tryouts, either by costume, song (rap), or chant. We’re always trying to better our squad, so original chants are always welcomed.

Q: I assume that sometimes when you go home thinking, “We (the Bee-Zanies) really a played a key role in that win”. Is that true?

Sean: I think the atmosphere in the Arena can really dictate the energy our team plays with. You always hear about the Mercedes Benz Superdome being an intimidating place to play because of our fans and I don’t see why we can’t make the New Orleans Arena just as menacing. The Bee Zanies are just a piece of that puzzle, we’re out there to cheer for our team no matter the outcome. The couple of times I’ve had the chance to meet some players, they always have something positive to say about our group and what we bring to the arena. One game that stands out in my mind when talking about the impact the Bee Zanies can have on the game/crowd was the Lakers/Hornets playoff game in 2011, the final game we saw CP3 play in a Hornets jersey. The game was in control by the Lakers to close us out and in the final minute we began to chant “THANK YOU HORNETS” and the whole arena chanted with us, it was awesome. It was even mentioned in an ESPN article recapping the game, “But one thing was clear as the fans in New Orleans rained down a “thank you Hornets” chant on their team at the end of that game — New Orleans has some passionate fans that love that team.” -ESPN

I still get goosebumps every time I'm reminded of the "Thank you Hornets" chant at that game. Such an awesome moment that I only got to experience through TV.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Fan of the Zanies.

Fan of fans, really.

lol, thanks 42

Thread Information