Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Darius Miller

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    This could be the Hornets best draft ever.
    On paper before any of the players even sets foot on court? Hell's yeah it is. Even as I try to contain my unbridled enthusiasm for when Anthony Davis takes the floor...I'm not doing a good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    This could be the Hornets best draft ever.
    Only if one of the players drafted develops into being in the same tier of player as Chris Paul.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Only if one of the players drafted develops into being in the same tier of player as Chris Paul.
    Or if collectively they are better.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Or if collectively they are better.
    Not really. A handful of good players does not make up the lack of a single great player. The only way you can win without a superstar level player is if you have a starting lineup of nothing but star level players.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Not really. A handful of good players does not make up the lack of a single great player. The only way you can win without a superstar level player is if you have a starting lineup of nothing but star level players.

Which is what we are trying to accomplish, we are setting ourselves up next year to have a great starting lineup. If collectively, Davis and Rivers give you a better quality team, more wins, and make us contenders, how is it not better?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Which is what we are trying to accomplish, we are setting ourselves up next year to have a great starting lineup. If collectively, Davis and Rivers give you a better quality team, more wins, and make us contenders, how is it not better?
    The point I am trying to make is that any draft in which a team drafts a superstar/first ballot HoF is better than any draft they do not. What happens outside of that draft does not come into account.

If one of our players drafted becomes at least as good as Paul, that means this draft is at least as good as that one. If no one develops into that quality of player, then the Paul draft is better.

Talent wins. But more concentrated talent wins more.

I like Miller for a lot of reasons.

He has prototypical size and strength for an NBA small forward. He comes in as a mature senior with the understanding of what it takes to be a role player. He has already had the experience of playing with players better than him. For four seasons at UK he sacrificed his game and numbers for the chance to win a title. For that he is a winner. We really haven't seen his full potential yet because he is so unselfish and team oriented. He has a good jump shot and can hit the three point shot. He has great athleticism actually. Just look at this testing numbers or watch his crazy dunks. He is sort of good at everything but doesn't stand out at anything yet. Kind of reminds me of Igoudala actually.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a role on this team and some decent minutes. If his numbers were the same as his college numbers, it wouldn't surprise me. 10 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts, 1 steal. If he can become a lockdown defender which may be possible, I could see him as the starting SF eventually.

Thread Information