Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fox sports new orleans

Quote Originally Posted by patronius View Post
    On Saturday I was looking for the Tulane game and I saw that DirecTV channel 668 was listed as Fox New Orleans. I couldn't access it but it was listed in the guide.
    I think 668 is Fox Sports North....shown in the DirecTV guide as FSNOR.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

This has been discussed on other threads but to review:

Fox Sports New Orleans is, for right now, ONLY for Hornets games and other Hornets broadcasts, such as the coaches show and whatever else they decide to do.

Other than that, we will get the same FSN Southwest feed that we always have gotten.

So, it will go live for whatever the first broadcast is. I would guess that they might do a small preview show, but it is more likely that it will go live on opening night.

As far as who will get it, anyone whose cable/satellite includes FSN Southwest who is deemed by the NBA to be in the Hornets TV Market will get it. Now, who exactly that is, i have no idea. I would guess that all of Louisiana will be included. Now, I also have no idea about the Mississippi Coast, as I do believe that they do not get FSN Southwest (FSN South maybe...Mississippi people help me out here), so I do not know if Fox Spots New Orleans will be on all FSN feeds in the NBA designated Hornets TV market, or only the portion of the market who is on the FSN Southwest feed.

Thread Information