Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Shut your furry mouth.
    lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Shut your furry mouth.
    I'm thinking 42 means that it could be earlier....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I think earlier is likely.

Working on it.

It would seem weird to have absolutely zero coverage of the Hornets on their flagship prior to the day the season tips, wouldn't it? First shot at doing anything is an NBA broadcast? Seems risky.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

Working on it.

It would seem weird to have absolutely zero coverage of the Hornets on their flagship prior to the day the season tips, wouldn't it? First shot at doing anything is an NBA broadcast? Seems risky.
    I completely agree. No way it goes live opening night. At least a week earlier to hype up opening night.

Comcast SportsNet Houston is being launched on October 1st. New home of the Astros and Rockets.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

Working on it.

I guess it depends on what Fox Sports New Orleans really is. Is it going to be Fox Sports Southwest with just the FSNO banner for Hornets game or is it a completely new network?

I guess they might launch the network with some preview shows or something along that line before then, but their 'grand opening' should be on opening night.

I'd be surprised if they didn't start with preseason coverage and the usual magazine weekly shows.

Looking on hornets.com, it doesn't show that most of our preseason games will be on TV. I'm hoping that's just because they're working on something with FSNO. That would suck, though, if they're not on tv anywhere as most of our preseason games are on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by thechosenuno View Post
    Looking on hornets.com, it doesn't show that most of our preseason games will be on TV. I'm hoping that's just because they're working on something with FSNO. That would suck, though, if they're not on tv anywhere as most of our preseason games are on the road.
    Have the preseason games EVER been televised?

The only thing I found about when the new network will begin is this...

FOX SPORTS NEW ORLEANS TO BROADCAST 75 REGULAR SEASON GAMES IN 2012-13
    FRANCHISE-HIGH NUMBER OF LOCAL TV APPEARANCES BEGINS ON OPENING NIGHT VS. SPURS
    The schedule, which includes 38 home and 37 road games, begins with the Wednesday, October 31st home opener against Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs and concludes with the final game of the regular season in Dallas on Wednesday, April 17th against Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks.
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/fox-...-games-2012-13

Preseason games are mostly not televised. Some are.

I'm speaking generally.

According to Hornets.com, the first preseason game on Oct. 7 will be on NBA TV and the game against the Heat on Oct. 26 will be on ESPN.

2 of 8 seems right.

On Saturday I was looking for the Tulane game and I saw that DirecTV channel 668 was listed as Fox New Orleans. I couldn't access it but it was listed in the guide.
    Last edited by patronius; 09-25-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Will FS New Orleans be carried by cable companies on the Mississippi Coast? Will this affect the Fox Sports South channel that currently airs here if so?

I don't know if FS NO will be carried in MS, but the Hornets games should be televised on the Fox Sports South since those areas are in the Hornets market.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I don't know if FS NO will be carried in MS, but the Hornets games should be televised on the Fox Sports South since those areas are in the Hornets market.
    This would be ideal, wouldn't want to lose the Braves games but getting the Hornets games finally would be great

Quote Originally Posted by auburnhornet View Post
    This would be ideal, wouldn't want to lose the Braves games but getting the Hornets games finally would be great
    I grew up on the coast. Do you guys get the Hawks still? I remember getting the Hawks games on Fox Sports South in Mobile and Pascagoula.

It will say on the TV guide that the Hawks would be on this channel 4 years ago but there would always be alternative coverage for whatever reason. I've just moved back to Ocean Springs now after being in Alabama for 4 years so I am looking forward to finally getting to actually watch my team more than once or twice a year depending on how many games I would be able to go to. This was a much needed change to bring more people in locally.

Quote Originally Posted by auburnhornet View Post
    It will say on the TV guide that the Hawks would be on this channel 4 years ago but there would always be alternative coverage for whatever reason. I've just moved back to Ocean Springs now after being in Alabama for 4 years so I am looking forward to finally getting to actually watch my team more than once or twice a year depending on how many games I would be able to go to. This was a much needed change to bring more people in locally.
    I guess the Hawks weren't allowed to be televised in your area. Maybe you were closer to New Orleans. So you didn't get any games at all? Here in Lake Charles, I've been getting the Rockets (Fox Sports Southwest) and the Hornets since 2003. I won't be getting the Rockets anymore since they're moving to Comcast SportsNet Houston and we don't get that on our cable outlet.

Thread Information