Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets' Gerald Madkins accepts front office job with Los Angeles Clippers

Hornets' Gerald Madkins accepts front office job with Los Angeles Clippers

Gerald Madkins, who spent the past two seasons as the New Orleans Hornets Vice President of Player Personnel, has accepted a front office position with the Los Angeles Clippers, a league source confirmed Saturday morning.

Although Madkins was in charge of the Hornets' college scouting, he was based in Los Angeles. With the Clippers, Madkins will become the team's director of basketball operations.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Why everybody wana leave at the time we get the first pick in almost a decade
    Ballin

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Promotions and pay raises.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    How could he go to the enemy!?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    All the people that have left have gotten promotions so it's not like there leaving because they don't like it here.

Just imagine how the Spurs feel. Their front office gets raided every off season.

I had the opportunity to sit next to Gerald Madkins when he was scouting a college player who is currently on the Hornets' roster. He has an incredibly good eye for how a player's skills at the college level will translate to the NBA game. It's not as easy as you think it might be. He shared a lot of his thoughts real time with me and it was probably the most educational two hours I have ever spent regarding the NBA game.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoll Cracker View Post
    I had the opportunity to sit next to Gerald Madkins when he was scouting a college player who is currently on the Hornets' roster. He has an incredibly good eye for how a player's skills at the college level will translate to the NBA game. It's not as easy as you think it might be. He shared a lot of his thoughts real time with me and it was probably the most educational two hours I have ever spent regarding the NBA game.
    You can't say this:

"when he was scouting a college player who is currently on the Hornets' roster"

and not tell us who it is lol

Yeah that's not a lateral move... congrats to him. I'm sure Dell will fill the slot with a qualified candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    You can't say this:

"when he was scouting a college player who is currently on the Hornets' roster"

and not tell us who it is lol
    Madkins was working at the time for the Knicks. And the player was Jason Smith.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoll Cracker View Post
    Madkins was working at the time for the Knicks. And the player was Jason Smith.
    Awesome

Thread Information