Pelicans Report

Thread: Eric Gordon sounds, dare I say, happy?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Eric Gordon sounds, dare I say, happy?

Today Gordon spoke to local reporters for the first time since signing his extension with the Hornets.

From Eichenhofer and Geller's twitter:

Eric Gordon on Hornets' excitement for the future: "We've got a lot of young, talented players. This is a long-term process."

Gordon on NOLA bigs after Lopez pickup: "We really have some size. Having Smith, Lopez, Davis, Warrick. Our frontline is very good and big."

Gordon handled all the bullets well from the media... says he is healthy, happy and looking forward to the start of training camp

New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon relishing leadership role

While New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon showed his charitable side Thursday at Langston Hughes Academy Charter School, he made it clear he's looking forward to the 2012 basketball season.

As to how he'll be received among the Hornets' fan base this season, Gordon appeared confident that there won't be bumps in the road. The Hornets matched the Phoenix Suns' four-year, $58 million offer to him this summer that kept Gordon in the Crescent City.

"I'm not nervous at all," Gordon said. "I'm here to help these fans, help this organization win games ... I'm happy here, and I'm just looking forward to the season."
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Nah. He wants out.

Trade him to Siberia.

But no, seriously. I can't wait for this season to get started.

I have no problems with him. It's a dirty business. He was a bit of a tool, but that's water under the bridge.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

The offseason, where we overreact to every inflection of a voice.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

After reading those statements, im sure that Eric Gordon still wants out. He clearly wants a trade.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Its apparently obvious to me that this man is burning with desire for Phoenix...

Now isn't the time to gauge Gordon's true feelings. He's gotten his money and he hasn't experience any adversity since. If we struggle and he's saying things like this at the end of the year it will hold some weight IMO.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-20-2012 at 05:52 PM.

ohhhhhh this season is gonna be fun to watch... It'll be intresting to see how everyone gels together and to see how they're game developed over the summer

Eric Gordon was recently spotted drinking Sunny Delight. That's a clear sign where his heart really is in Phoenix.

today he's excited, tomorrow he wants out or whenever his next interview is.

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    The Nba has the best offseasons

AND he finally has a new website...in Hornets colors.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Eric Gordon was recently spotted drinking Sunny Delight. That's a clear sign where his heart really is in Phoenix.
    His favorite movie is Red Dawn.

He's a Communist!

Wolverine!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Now isn't the time to gauge Gordon's true feelings. He's gotten his money and he hasn't experience any adversity since. If we struggle and he's saying things like this at the end of the year it will hold some weight IMO.
    Not really because anyone with sense knows that's exactly what he's going to do. That's Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Agree with DT here

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    AND he finally has a new website...in Hornets colors.
    and OMG FINALLY
    Last edited by nikkoewan; 09-22-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Thread Information