Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eric Gordon interview w/ HoopsHype

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Seems like that would be true anywhere, not just "out there". Correct?

Perhaps he's talking about because of hurricane season, or maybe louisiana taxes. But it's Eric so who the hell really knows.
    I don't think he's great at communication and I'll leave it at that lol. It's what I took from " out there". He's probably just repeating something someone told him.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    He's renting because out there, you have to rent.

Maybe the "out there" comment is in relation to the hurricanes, tropical storms and floods that we have from time to time. Just a thought.

Quick subject change. I'm looking at the twitter feed, did anyone on here say that Ryan Anderson wouldn't be good or was everybody basically excited about him?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You have to be cocky in basketball. Two guys can have the same talent but the guy with confidence in his game and shot will kill the other guy. Anyone who's played even streetball knows that. Sometime it spills over to public life.
    Confidence and cocky aren't the same. Take Tim Duncan for example. Cocky? Never. Confient? Definitely. He doesn't need cockiness to be the best PF of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Some make it as being "cocky" is wrong. Hell look where it led Kobe, so that with EG and Austin will be great for our team moving forward. That "I can;t be stopped and I'm the best," attitude will make our two future all-star guard un guardable.
    I'd say most everybody in the league is a ceartin level of cocky but is everyone good? That said I hope EG does well but I still have my doubts about him coming around on the city and team in the next 3 yrs

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Quick subject change. I'm looking at the twitter feed, did anyone on here say that Ryan Anderson wouldn't be good or was everybody basically excited about him?
    Pretty much everyone here thinks that he is an all star forward and the best move this off-season. He was a good pick up IMO but I'm not sure he'll live up to the hype on here.

I read out there to.mean the housing market, as said above. It's a jungle out there, etc.

And he sounds like 80% of NBA players do in softball interviews that don't dig.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    I'm pretty jacked about the notion of a fast break being insane to stop for us. Defend the Eric Gordon or Austin Rivers drive, the Anthony Davis or Aminu alley oop, or the kick out to Anderson? Gives us options and makes us unequivocally a better team. Only way he fails to make up for the hype is if he suddenly shots way under 40% from deep.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post
    Confidence and cocky aren't the same. Take Tim Duncan for example. Cocky? Never. Confient? Definitely. He doesn't need cockiness to be the best PF of all time.
    You pick the model example in basketball. Sure, a few guys in the league fit that mold, but not many. I said the statement as a blanket because it fits most.

I'm really not concern at all about his comments in this interview. Has the past decade of sports not shown us not to get worked up one way or another over meaningless interviews? I'm concerned about him staying healthy and making sure he wants to stay with the Hornets long term and that there's no long term animosity toward our organization for how his FA period played out. I think will have to judge his actions and posture to try and gauge whether he's happy here or not.

As far as renting. Most of the fiscally responsible athletes do. Pro sports is a non conventional profession he could be traded to another city at any point without a say in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Pretty much everyone here thinks that he is an all star forward and the best move this off-season. He was a good pick up IMO but I'm not sure he'll live up to the hype on here.
    I'm not on twitter so I can't answer the "who did it" question. However like you I have my concerns about Anderson impact. He's not a guy who's going to create his on shot. Many basketball people credit much of his success to that of Howard and the stats seem to agree with those people.

Personally I felt we reached for Anderson financially a little bit. However he should help this team question is how much.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I'm really not concern at all about his comments in this interview. Has the past decade of sports not shown us not to get worked up one way or another over meaningless interviews? I'm concerned about him staying healthy and making sure he wants to stay with the Hornets long term and that there's no long term animosity toward our organization for how his FA period played out. I think will have to judge his actions and posture to try and gauge whether he's happy here or not.

As far as renting. Most of the fiscally responsible athletes do. Pro sports is a non conventional profession he could be traded to another city at any point without a say in the matter.
    For athletes that make as much money as he does, it's not about whether they should rent or buy based on how long they will be in a certain city. He should have some real estate in his investments and I'm pretty sure he could find some nice property here he could improve the value on when ready to sell. In fact he wouldn't have to do much being it once belonged to the mild celebrity that he is. I'm sure some real estate people might be able to explain it better, but the "have to rent over there" doesn't make much sense on it's own.

He just comes across as a very naive (but not dumb) person on a lot of topics.

Baron Davis bought, and **** him.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    Jamie Foxx. Brees. Brad Pitt. Mos Def.

Yeah yeah **** him man!

Dont you ever, ever, ever mention Baron Davis here again Man!

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Its all $$$
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Thread Information