Pelicans Report

Thread: Bounty suspensions vacated by panel

Saints Bounty suspensions vacated by panel

NEW ORLEANS - An appeals panel for the NFL has vacated the penalties against four current and former Saints players who were suspended in the alleged bounty scandal.
    The ruling by the panel basically says the players can play again, and that Goodell will have to reconsider his ruling.

The NFL replied that Goodell would try to expedite a ruling but that formerly suspended players would be eligible this weekend.
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/black-an...168952706.html

The Burbank appeals panel on Friday afternoon tossed out the suspensions of the four players suspended for their roles in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. The NFL confirmed that, for now, this ruling does reinstate the four players suspended connected to the alleged bounty scandal.

Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, who is facing a season-long suspension, tweeted: "Victory is mine!!!! -stewie griffin ..."

Saints defensive end Will Smith was facing a four-game suspension, while Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita was facing missing three games. Former Saint Anthony Hargrove was suspended for eight games but he isn't currently with a team.
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf..._river_default

Woooooooooooo!!!!! We should bring back hargrove!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

This just says that Goodell has to clarify whether the punishments are for disciplinary reasons or for salary cap reasons since the CBA requires that. Goodell has full rights to suspend the players for the same number of games for the disciplinary reasons (which the appeals panel says is a fair) and also lay out separate punishments for the salary cap violations.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    This just says that Goodell has to clarify whether the punishments are for disciplinary reasons or for salary cap reasons since the CBA requires that. Goodell has full rights to suspend the players for the same number of games for the disciplinary reasons (which the appeals panel says is a fair) and also lay out separate punishments for the salary cap violations.

The discipline comittee said it's not fair.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The discipline comittee said it's not fair.
    From what I understand, they said combining both punishments into one is not fair, but that the suspension lengths are acceptable for participation in the bounty program with the aim to injure.

Is this thing on?
    I thought they also said Goodell had to prove there was intent to injure. That could make a difference. He's talked a big game put shown very little evidence.

Thread Information