Pelicans Report

Thread: First training camp for Vasquez

First training camp for Vasquez

Even dough Greivis is in his third year in the NBA he has not had one training camp yet. In his rookie year he got injured and had to have an operation, so he actually missed training camp altogether. In his second year there was almost no training camp due to the players strike and he did not participated in the mini camp in December, as he was being prepared to be traded to NO. So believe it or not this is his first TC. The question is can his defense and side movement be improved during a training camp where he probably will have a lot of attention from the coaching team as a potential starting PG for day 1?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Huh. Interesting. Monty will get the best out of him in training camp, thats all we know.
    @DanielVeuleman

Sounds like a lot to expect from him! I am sure he is working hard on it. He is such a hard working guy.

This is nitpicky, but I can't let it slide: it was a lockout from the owners last season and not a player strike.

That aside, I look forward to seeing if Grevis can prove that he is a quality starter in this league.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Henry too. I know a lot of people don't like him on here, but I still think the dude can become a pretty good player with the right coaching.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Henry needs more than coaching. He needs to improve himself in all aspects of his game.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

For that matter, do we have anyone on our roster who has been through a training camp with Monty? Exciting to think the development we might see with so many young players and good coaching...

greivis has to work on the turnovers.
    but he will prove he is a great player and a long term starting

is there any chance that GV has grown?

i just ran into him at Whole Foods Uptown tonight, and seems a lot taller than the 6'6'' as they list him.
    I'm 6'4'', and he towered over me...seemed closer to 6'8''-6'9'' to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post

i just ran into him at Whole Foods Uptown tonight, and seems a lot taller than the 6'6'' as they list him.
    I'm 6'4'', and he towered over me...seemed closer to 6'8''-6'9'' to me.
    He is almost 26 years old, so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post

He is 198 cm (he said this in an interview himself) that converts to 6 feet 5.95 inches, so it most have been the shoes he was wearing

Thread Information