Pelicans Report

Thread: Austin Rivers Scouting Report

Austin Rivers Scouting Report

I know y'all liked the Anthony Davis one, so here you go.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-austin-rivers

Lookout Hugo, we have a new mascot in town.

I really really think this guy is going to be good. geesh i'm ready for the season to start

If you watched Rivers play at Duke, you could see (especially towards the end of the season) he was finding his teammates frequently, but they would miss the open shot. Not his fault that Coach K asked him to be a scorer, and he had no offensive help whatsoever, so opposing defenses focused on him all game. The kid is going to be a stud, mark my words. He has a lot of refining to do and a lot of work to be done, but there is no doubt in my mind that he'll do it because the guy wants to be a HOF type player. He wants to be great, and with that passion and drive, and with Monty's coaching, and playing next to studs like Gordon and Davis (and Anderson), he is going to surprise a lot of people.

Expect a transition year or two, because he needs to learn how to run an offense, but I think he'll average 12+ points a game next year coming off the bench, assuming he gets 25+ minutes per game.

Also, his defense is very underrated, as is his athleticism. I've seen him d-up when he wants to, and playing for a coach like Monty, he'll have to before he gets any PT. To see his athleticism, do yourself a favor and watch this short video:

Here is Rivers crossing up John Wall, one of the quickest players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    If you watched Rivers play at Duke, you could see (especially towards the end of the season) he was finding his teammates frequently, but they would miss the open shot. Not his fault that Coach K asked him to be a scorer, and he had no offensive help whatsoever, so opposing defenses focused on him all game. The kid is going to be a stud, mark my words. He has a lot of refining to do and a lot of work to be done, but there is no doubt in my mind that he'll do it because the guy wants to be a HOF type player. He wants to be great, and with that passion and drive, and with Monty's coaching, and playing next to studs like Gordon and Davis (and Anderson), he is going to surprise a lot of people.

Expect a transition year or two, because he needs to learn how to run an offense, but I think he'll average 12+ points a game next year coming off the bench, assuming he gets 25+ minutes per game.

Also, his defense is very underrated, as is his athleticism. I've seen him d-up when he wants to, and playing for a coach like Monty, he'll have to before he gets any PT. To see his athleticism, do yourself a favor and watch this short video:

This. they be hating on my son
    Ballin

No athleticism? LOL! Whoever said that about the kid needs to be beaten thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    No athleticism? LOL! Whoever said that about the kid needs to be beaten thoroughly.
    You'd be surprised at how many people actually think he is "unathletic." He was the quickest player in this draft w/ the ball in his hand. He has a 37.5' vertical leap, and he is explosive as hell off the dribble. I don't get the label, but it's around.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I believe he has the best cross over since Iverson, and I don't have any doubt about it.

Here is Rivers crossing up John Wall, one of the quickest players in the league.
    he gets DeRozan pretty good in that video as well (at 0:48)

You'd be surprised at how many people actually think he is "unathletic." He was the quickest player in this draft w/ the ball in his hand. He has a 37.5' vertical leap, and he is explosive as hell off the dribble. I don't get the label, but it's around.
    This. You on a roll

Anything by bleacher report

Yeah I also don't know why people brand him as "unathletic" HAHAHA

Unathletic? Hell no.

Out of control a lot? Yes.

Thread Information