Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/H Seattle Approves Arena Deal

Breaking News N/H Seattle Approves Arena Deal

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/Hans...169272086.html

SEATTLE – Multiple Sources confirmed Monday that a deal has been reached between the Seattle City Council and the investor group led by Chris Hansen on the financial terms that would put a new sports arena near Safeco Field.

A key, multi-million dollar concession by Hansen that could see his investor group spend more out of pocket to build the arena appears to have brought reluctant councilmembers onboard with the project. City Council members are expected to make an official announcement outlining the terms of the agreement on Tuesday.
    Who becomes the Supersonics? Guess that question is appropriate now... fortunately it's not going to be the Hornets

I can only imagine what It would've been like had this news broke out around January.
    Jrue dat

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Now that the Hornets are safe, I'm happy for Seattle. It's a great city, and they didn't deserve to lose their team in the first place.

Sacramento seems to be the obvious choice.

It's possible that they don't get a basketball team for awhile, and instead get an NHL team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't really care who goes there, to be honest. I'm just glad they can stop pining for OUR team.

They need both.

http://wgso.com/?p=24356

Here's an all-Arena radio show episode, starting with Seattle.

Did the Kings move already? I forget if it was them or where

Atlanta get terrible crowds? They could be a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Did the Kings move already? I forget if it was them or where

Atlanta get terrible crowds? They could be a possibility
    the Kings are (somehow) still in Sactown... for now.

Atlanta does draw terrible crowds... those would be my top 2 picks as to what team becomes the Supersonics

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Its a scary time to be a Kings fan.
    @DanielVeuleman

Kings are on the move.

Atlanta does not have great attendance but they have tons of corporate sponsorships and play in one of the bigger tv markets so there is no chance they are on the move.

Would love to see Vancouver get another shot of having a team, by far the best city in North America without a team.

Vegas would be great but I doubt it because of the gambling issue.

I live in Virginia Beach and would love to have a team near me but I also doubt that is gonna happen anytime soon despite the rumours.

Kings are absolutely going and if the Maloofs don't wanna move there I'm sure there are plenty Seattle Billionaires that would love to be known as the man who brought ball back to Seattle.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Can we get the Raptors out of Toronto. Probably the most irrelevant team in the league.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Can we get the Raptors out of Toronto. Probably the most irrelevant team in the league.
    Toronto is the fifth biggest city in North America (trailing only NY, Chicago and LA in NBA cities in population), and has a devoted fan base that hasn't swayed during the rough years, and was the home of the "Air Canada" phenom. So, probably not.

How so?

CBS sports article mentioned Milwaukee as a possibility. They've been losing money for years apparently and play in a somewhat out dated arena. The article also mentions Charlotte as a possible target, leading me to believe that the entire thing is made up speculation by the writer, Matt Moore.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...h-city-council

Milwaukee's ownership has indicated a willingness to sell. He's not terribly wealthy, if I'm remembering this right.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    How so?
    I probably name 90% of the players on each team in the league and cant think of more than two dudes that play there. Maybe its just irrelevant to me.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There. A solution always presents itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Toronto is the fifth biggest city in North America (trailing only NY, Chicago and LA in NBA cities in population), and has a devoted fan base that hasn't swayed during the rough years, and was the home of the "Air Canada" phenom. So, probably not.
    I dont have anything against the city (i actually like Toronto been there couple times.) but who actually watches them in the States? I mean they have a virtually talentless roster. Other than Bargnani, DeRozan and Calderon who do they have with a smidgen of talent. I mean Fields only went there because of the money. Who knows he could be a bust. (as a side note i had to Google the raptors just now to see who actually is on the roster.)

I dont have anything against the city (i actually like Toronto been there couple times.) but who actually watches them? I mean they have a virtually talentless roster. Other than Bargnani, DeRozan and Calderon who do they have with a smidgen of talent. I mean Fields only went there because of the money. Who knows he could be a bust. (as a side note i had to Google the raptors just now to see who actually is on the roster.)
    Couldn't the same thing be said about us last year?

Quote Originally Posted by QPon20 View Post
    Couldn't the same thing be said about us last year?
    I think the difference with us is we have had great players play for us. The only significant players they have ever had is Vince Carter and Chris Bosh. Oops Damon Stoudemire....

I think the difference with us is we have had great players play for us. The only significant players they have ever had is Vince Carter and Chris Bosh. Oops Damon Stoudemire....
    And Hakeem O.*

I think the Bucks or the Grizzlies are more likely to move. They both have owners that are ok with selling and have given an honest effort to succeed in their home market.

I think the Kings will remain where they are. That is a dedicated market that has been proven to make money and be a successful and popular team when not being run by one of the worst ownership groups. The other owners have already made it known that they won't let the Maloofs move the team for selfish reasons that do not benefit the NBA as a whole.

*holy **** I can't spell his name without looking it up.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Tracy McGrady?

After seeing what people have said about the Hornets being in New Orleans and how they should leave, I'd hate to say that about any team. Mainly because I know how their fans would feel.

Thread Information