Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saints performance to draw new Hornets fans? {merged}

Saints performance to draw new Hornets fans? {merged}

I might be in the minority this early in the year but I saw a team yesterday for the Saints that had zero chance of making the playoffs this year. That opinion being vocalized, by November I see this to be a blessing in disguise. Not that I want the Saints to stink but if they insist on doing so does anyone else here think this could drastically impact Hornets ticket sales? Cuz by the time the season starts I know I for one will be looking for someone to throw me a creole blue life preserver.

Zero chance? Really?

What? It was the first game of the season. Saints threw up a stinker last year in Green Bay with their first game and nearly won. Same situation yesterday. The Saints going to play bad games, it happens. They did during their Super Bowl year and will again this year. After the Rams game last year it was doom and gloom. The team proceeded to whip *** the rest of the year.
    MJR

It's just an opinion. I've had season tickets since 98. I still won't miss a game. But yeah sorry guys just way too many things missing from this team. And the Packers game is a bad comparison. We looked good against a great team in that game. The Redskins are a VERY mediocre team. 40 pts? God I hope I'm wrong. But I wasn't wrong the year I said they'd win the Super Bowl. Only said that once ever.

All that aside. Just talking hypothetically because no one really knows for sure 1 game in. Will you or anyone you know be shifting your finances towards the Hornets if this continues?
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 09-10-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Like a head coach? I'll support the Saints, LSU and the hornets till the end.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Hahahahahahahaha the Saints hahahahahahahahaha texans 1-0, Saints 0-1! Glorious day of football!
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

One teams misfortune should not be the gain of another when both represent the same city and people.
    Jrue dat

This thread reminds me of how the Cowboy's fans are screaming Superbowl bound after one game... This is ridiculous. 0-1 is nothing to be worried about. If we somehow go 0-4, I'll be doom and gloom with you.

I'll bet there are some Saints fans that would rather go back to wearing bags on their heads than to become Hornets fans.

Saints lost the first game last season too. Ended up going 13-3.

Quote Originally Posted by SdotPaul504 View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha the Saints hahahahahahahahaha texans 1-0, Saints 0-1! Glorious day of football!
    Texans don't wanna see the Saints though. Manning being out all of last season and then going to the Broncos is the best thing to happen to the Texans and now all of a sudden their fans have running mouths. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    This thread reminds me of how the Cowboy's fans are screaming Superbowl bound after one game... This is ridiculous. 0-1 is nothing to be worried about. If we somehow go 0-4, I'll be doom and gloom with you.
    Yeah. Maybe then. But now? Nahh.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    It's one game.............................................. ........................ yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by SdotPaul504 View Post
    i guarantee you that Houston will not win a Superbowl in the next 10 years

i heard an interesting stat that the last couple of times spags introduced this defense have always resulted in blow outs the first two games(in terms of getting scored on, didnt hear on the out come of the games). when he implemented this defense with the giants who went on the win the super bowl, the first two games they gave up a combined 80 points

These are the types of threads that really make me sad about what has happened to this forum. Don't get me wrong, I still visit regularly b/c of habit and and lack of places to talk Hornets, but c'mon guys...
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    It's just an opinion. I've had season tickets since 98. I still won't miss a game. But yeah sorry guys just way too many things missing from this team. And the Packers game is a bad comparison. We looked good against a great team in that game. The Redskins are a VERY mediocre team. 40 pts? God I hope I'm wrong. But I wasn't wrong the year I said they'd win the Super Bowl. Only said that once ever.

All that aside. Just talking hypothetically because no one really knows for sure 1 game in. Will you or anyone you know be shifting your finances towards the Hornets if this continues?
    Very mediocre? Their team is pretty different from last year. Their defense is young and very fierce. The fact we played SO BAD and were still in it til the last play speaks in volumes.

As for the Packers last year, they were a great OFFENSIVE team. One of the worst defenses in the league last year. Yeah they have great players, but both them and the patriots last year were swiss cheese on the defensive side.

0-1 means we can't have a perfect season. Big whoop. 15-1, here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    i heard an interesting stat that the last couple of times spags introduced this defense have always resulted in blow outs the first two games(in terms of getting scored on, didnt hear on the out come of the games). when he implemented this defense with the giants who went on the win the super bowl, the first two games they gave up a combined 80 points
    Link? Not that I doubt you. But I would like to read more up on that, cuz it is encouraging if true! I still have faith. We had a rookie 5th round CB starting opposite of patrick robinson. Hardly a lockdown CB on his own... and you cant expect to put in him an island everyplay (cuz let's be serious, Harper isn't giving him any over the top help)

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Very mediocre? Their team is pretty different from last year. Their defense is young and very fierce. The fact we played SO BAD and were still in it til the last play speaks in volumes.

As for the Packers last year, they were a great OFFENSIVE team. One of the worst defenses in the league last year. Yeah they have great players, but both them and the patriots last year were swiss cheese on the defensive side.

0-1 means we can't have a perfect season. Big whoop. 15-1, here we come.
    I agree about being in the game until the last play. Lost by 8. Amongst a few things, that fumble by Colston proved costly. Just as it did in the first game last season. The Saints lost by 8 then too. I know things are a lot different for the team this season, but you can't judge much from one game. Just as if the Saints had won we can't go around yelling 'Superbowl' after one game.

The Hornets had their best attendance when the Saints were doing well.

Those replacement refs need to go. That bad PI call really swung the game but we just played bad yesterday. I'm a saints fan, hornets fan, and LSU and even tho we lost yesterday i am just really glad football is back. We did have a chance till the last play so i didn't feel so bad after the loss, but i did rage sleep the rest of the games away. I don't really think any of the locals will stop bleeding black and gold just because of a bad game, this is new orleans were talkin bout here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    Those replacement refs need to go. That bad PI call really swung the game but we just played bad yesterday. I'm a saints fan, hornets fan, and LSU and even tho we lost yesterday i am just really glad football is back. We did have a chance till the last play so i didn't feel so bad after the loss, but i did rage sleep the rest of the games away. I don't really think any of the locals will stop bleeding black and gold just because of a bad game, this is new orleans were talkin bout here.
    Amen. I was really hoping what ever issues would've been resolved by the first game of the regular season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    We have a ton of new defensive players and a new defensive coach. Plus Greer is hurt leaving a 5th round rookie starting, with a guy like Vima out as-well. Mark my words, we will have one of the best defense in the league. We have 5 linbackers in Vilma, Lofton, Rudd, and Hawthrone who attended PRO bowls and had atleast 2 100 tackle seasons. Plus Wilson is starting to show as a player, so thats another linebacker.

We have a super bowl offense as of now. No doubt. And all football fans should know it's hard for a defensive minded coach to come in and make a complete change with a bunch of new players in the beginning of the season. We will start to see results by week 3-4, and don't forget, I said we will have one of the best defenses.
    Last edited by Trell; 09-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.

I love Martez Wilson (all homo). He needs to be on the field EVERY PLAY (offense and defense). He can probably block better Strief. Lard-o needs to lay off those New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood po-boys.

(the part about him being on the field on offense was a joke...)

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Mark my words, we will have one of the best defense in the league.
    Consider them marked.

Thread Information