Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio Workouts

San Antonio Workouts

Sounds like the new Hornets are going to SA for team workouts, and the veteran Hornets get to watch the game.

Flyin out to San Antonio for team workouts. Gotta keep getting better!
    Ryan Anderson

Want to be in New Orleans right now to watch the Saints-Redskins game! #WhoDatNation
    Anthony Davis

Wheels down in New Orleans! I'm going to the Redskins vs The Saints game!
    Greivis Vasquez

Lookout Hugo, we have a new mascot in town.

Greivis is headed to SA too.

Greivis Vasquez ‏@greivisvasquez
    Ya manejando para San Antonio! Driving to San Antonio now! Working out over there next week!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Why SA?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Why SA?
    can't use the alario center

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TagJr10 View Post
    can't use the alario center
    People gotta get their food stamps man.

You're kidding me! Our NBA team has to move to another city to practice because their training facility is being used as a food stamp distribution site? Pathetic! Only in New Orleans!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is why I can't wait for our new facility to open right next to the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This is why I can't wait for our new facility to open right next to the Saints.
    I agree. Benson is probably already saying this upon seeing his team's practice sessions being interrupted because of this. The Alario Center is used for too many things. The team needs something that is only for them.

i think that was a joke....or a guess....calm down

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Is it against rules for them to use the arena?

This has to be some sort of joint venture with the Spurs or something Benson is doing for his connections in San Antonio right? Even if the Alario center was unavailable I'm sure they could work out some sort of facility sharing with an area college rather than go all the way to San Antonio.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    It could be Monty wanting the guys to bond during workouts or whatever, like how NFL teams to training camps in completely different states sometimes. Can't hurt considering all the new faces on the team this year.

It COULD be a number of things. We don't really know the real reason why they're practicing in SA. But it wouldn't be the first time they couldn't use the Alario center because something else was going on there. Like I said in a thread once before, they've already been made fun of because they practice in a place where government cheese has been given out. Benson has ties to SA, Monty has ties to SA. Once the new facility is done I think it would be easier to assume they're practicing elsewhere in order to bond or to get out of the comforts of the normal environment. When we hear the Saints are practicing elsewhere we know it's NOT because their facility is being used for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lancebrou68 View Post
    No joke. I passed by there on my way to the Huey P on Saturday. Traffic for days. Then place is a mad house right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lancebrou68 View Post
    Apparently it was not a joke...

Hall of Famer Contributor
    Thunder are also in SA. Simply practice against other teams, as opposed to strictly working out with teammates. Don't read anything else into it.

Working out with Pop hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post
    Working out with Pop hopefully
    haha keep dreaming....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A majority of New Orleans Hornets players, including No. 1 draft pick Anthony Davis and rookie guard Austin Rivers, are in San Antonio this week for voluntary workouts with the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder.

Hornets spokesman Dennis Rogers said players put themselves through intense five-on-five scrimmages last week at the Alario Center to prepare for this week's work.

They hope to take advantage of the stiffer competition they will face this week. Behind All-Star forward Kevin Durant, the Thunder advanced to the NBA Finals last season but lost to the Miami Heat. The Spurs had the best record in the Western Conference at 50-16 before losing to the Thunder in the conference finals.

After finishing with a 21-45 record last season, the Hornets are expected to one of the young emerging teams to watch led by Davis, who won a gold medal as the youngest member on the U.S. Olympic basketball team last month at the London Olympics.

Trying to build chemistry before training camp begins on Oct. 2, Hornets have had as many as 11 players participate in volunteer workouts since last month.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

``Because the National Guard is using the Alario Center as a (food stamp card) distribution center we want to respect the process,’’ Demps said. ``What they’re doing is far more important than basketball.’’

Ryan Anderson ‏@ryananderson33
    We have had 2 great days of workouts with the Spurs! I'm really excited for the season were gonna have. The guys all look great!!!

http://instagram.com/p/PdIVUfpA9t/

Man I can't wait... this team is gonna be so much fun to watch I just hope we can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I wonder if EJ made the trip? I don't see him in that shot but maybe he's on there and I can't see him.

At any rate... the guys are getting some good work in and also building chemistry. Love it.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 09-11-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I see Rivers, Davis, Miller, Anderson, Lopez, and Greivis. Any idea who the other guys are?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I see Rivers, Davis, Miller, Anderson, Lopez, and Greivis. Any idea who the other guys are?
    I spy (from left to right) : Anthony Davis, Al-Forouq Aminu ,Xavier Henry, Darius Miller, Austin Rivers, Roger Mason, Lance Thomas Greivis Vasquez, Brian Roberts, Robin Lopez, Ryan Anderson.

Does it look like Rivers has gotten bigger or what reply back. Look at that dude arm
    http://instagram.com/p/PdIVUfpA9t/
    Ballin

Thread Information