Pelicans Report

Thread: Lance Thomas lawsuit

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar

Lance Thomas lawsuit

I didn't see a post about it, so here ya go.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--...-of-ncaa-.html

If he pays it back, I dont see the big deal! Coach K is a big fish, and you cant just take away a title from him without bad press. I didnt think Thomas was into big jewelry and stuff like that.

Lookout Hugo, we have a new mascot in town.

wait so one players financial instability could vacate a championship? that doesnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    If he pays it back, I dont see the big deal! Coach K is a big fish, and you cant just take away a title from him without bad press. I didnt think Thomas was into big jewelry and stuff like that.
    it is a big deal...the big deal concerns of how he got 30,000 in the first place as a college senior

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    wait so one players financial instability could vacate a championship? that doesnt make sense
    NCAA has rules about players receiving any kind of benefits that non-athlete students are not able to receive (due to them not being athletes). This includes things being given free muffins while being recruited and trading team memorbilia for tatoos.

A player getting a 60k discount on jewelry (since the company didn't go after Lance to recover the rest of the amount) is pretty huge. The incident also brings up the question of where Lance got 30k dollars to begin with. Was his family just that well off to give him that money?

Players who commit these rules violations are considered ineligble for play. Amy game a team plays with an ineligible player is retroactively wiped from the books. No winner and no loser. No stats from those games count. It is as if it was never played. Since Lance played in the championship game when he should have been ineligible, Duke would vacate the win.

Now, the NCAA still has to determine and declare that Lance violated NCAA rules before any of the above happens. They may actually do something this time after the recent PSU, Ohio, and USC punishments.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information