Pelicans Report

Thread: Name your 2013 dream roster

Name your 2013 dream roster

MOD EDIT TITLE TO READ IDEAL, NOT DREAM

I'm quite bored with no electricity and being stranded in a house with no AC, so naturally I proceeded to think about the Hornets and more specifically their future. I took a look at next years free agency class as well as next years draft class to try and see whether I could see where we may be going. Trying to be realistic here, this is a lineup I could see us rocking.

Rivers, Vasquez, Roberts
    Gordon, B.Gordon
    S.Muhammed, D.Wright
    Anderson, Smith, Thomas
    Davis, Lopez, Harrellson

I know people may hate the B.Gordon signing, but if we play him as a sixth man and give him a reasonable contract, I think he may turn into a positive asset. Basically this was the best I could come up with without including trades. What is your ideal (and realistic) team next year? Just trying to get some positive conversation going. Hope all is going well with you guys.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 08-29-2012 at 10:03 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I like the idea of bringing in Ben Gordon on a much smaller contract than his current one. I'm really curious as to where we are in the draft next year, if we can draft a SF that could make an immediate impact then that'd be gravy. I hope AFA can develope some but I'm not holding my breath. So a nice SF in between Rivers/Gordon/-/Anderson/Davis would be my ideal lineup.
    @DanielVeuleman

I'll play along. A couple of overall thoughts

- I hope Vasquez plays well enough to raise his trade value like Collison did. He is a backup PG in this league, but maybe some team will believe he is a starter like Indy did with Collison

- I think Lopez has a 50/50 shot at coming back next year. If he plays like he did 3 years ago, he is a bargain. If he plays like he did the last 2 years, Dell won't pick up the option. I guess I will be optimistic for now.

- I would be shocked if Davis, Gordon, Anderson, Smith, or Rivers were not on the roster at the beginning of next year.

- I want so badly to believe in Aminu, but when I stand back I realize that no objective person could think he is more likely to succeed than fail.

- Warrick and Henry are gone.

So, dream roster.....

Jose Calderon (FA)/ Austin Rivers
    Eric Gordon/ Gary Neal (FA)
    Wilson Chandler (via trade)/ James McAdoo (draft)/ Darius Miller
    Ryan Anderson/Jason Smith/Lance Thomas
    Anthony Davis/Robin Lopez

Draft James McAdoo
    Trade Al-Farouq Aminu and a Vasquez for Chandler
    Sign Gary Neal and Jose Calderon to moderate contract

Still have about 10 mil in cap space to pounce on a great opportunity and that team will make the playoffs. Rivers, Gordon, McAdoo, Anderson, and Davis are all 25 or younger. Build slow while learning to win.
    @mcnamara247

Draft Isaiah Austin out of Baylor. Legit 7 foot athlete to pair next to AD. The team would be scary inside on both ends of the floor. Obviously draft Shabazz if we get a top 3 pick but this guys more likely mid lottery which is more realistic for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I'll play along. A couple of overall thoughts

- I hope Vasquez plays well enough to raise his trade value like Collison did. He is a backup PG in this league, but maybe some team will believe he is a starter like Indy did with Collison

- I think Lopez has a 50/50 shot at coming back next year. If he plays like he did 3 years ago, he is a bargain. If he plays like he did the last 2 years, Dell won't pick up the option. I guess I will be optimistic for now.

- I would be shocked if Davis, Gordon, Anderson, Smith, or Rivers were not on the roster at the beginning of next year.

- I want so badly to believe in Aminu, but when I stand back I realize that no objective person could think he is more likely to succeed than fail.

- Warrick and Henry are gone.

So, dream roster.....

Jose Calderon (FA)/ Austin Rivers
    Eric Gordon/ Gary Neal (FA)
    Wilson Chandler (via trade)/ James McAdoo (draft)/ Darius Miller
    Ryan Anderson/Jason Smith/Lance Thomas
    Anthony Davis/Robin Lopez

Draft James McAdoo
    Trade Al-Farouq Aminu and a Vasquez for Chandler
    Sign Gary Neal and Jose Calderon to moderate contract

Still have about 10 mil in cap space to pounce on a great opportunity and that team will make the playoffs. Rivers, Gordon, McAdoo, Anderson, and Davis are all 25 or younger. Build slow while learning to win.
    I thought your dream included the return of chris paul

I think in 2013 Austin Rivers will be starting and if he isn't, I, personally, will view that project as a failure. Vasquez is a backup so that's why this project works out so well. Now, since Gordon and Austin and possibly Davis are all scorers, I don't see the need to get one at SF in FA or trade. You could potentially end up having a disgruntled player that wants the ball but can't get it because of all the other scorers. I guess that's sort of a good problem to have though..

Thread Information