Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NH: Be safe New Orleans natives

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Dude I seriously hope not. Our lights never went off yet but trees are falling.
    Yeah, The center won't get here for at least several hours. We are not out of the woods by anymeans. Don't take anything for granted.

Didn't sleep at all last night. Power went out, so it was hot as hell. Power just came back on now, though, so it's better. Cell is working, and the refrigerator is back on (which is what I was most worried about).

I heard on the radio that a house on Lakeshore Drive fairly close to my house got over 8 feet of water during a storm surge. The house is already raised 7 feet, but they got about a foot of water! Ridiculous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Didn't sleep at all last night. Power went out, so it was hot as hell. Power just came back on now, though, so it's better. Cell is working, and the refrigerator is back on (which is what I was most worried about).

I heard on the radio that a house on Lakeshore Drive fairly close to my house got over 8 feet of water during a storm surge. The house is already raised 7 feet, but they got about a foot of water! Ridiculous!!!
    Yeah, it was hot as hell last night. Unfortunately we are still without power. Damn this neighboorhood.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Center has passed, should be on the upside here in Ascension.

Its starting to get dark and cloudy now here in Lake Charles. Not sure when the rain will begin. Its been windy since yesterday, but now we're getting gusts up to 30-40 mph. It was partly cloudy all day, but now the clouds are much darker. Still partly cloudy.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Ridin it out in Laffy, hasnt been much yet... It's gettin sketchy now though, good luck everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by LAedwardo87 View Post
    Ridin it out in Laffy, hasnt been much yet... It's gettin sketchy now though, good luck everybody!
    I'm in laffy too and so far its just been strong wind. but im praying for everybody and their families!! stay safe everyone!!!!
    WE THE BEST

Barely did anything to baton rouge today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing is moving so damn slow

The powers still out in the ninth ward, and I'll bet we're the last to get it back on too.

Apparently we snuck our way into the eye without being hit before... It's been real easy but tomorrow we're gonna finally run into Mr Isaac

Power is still out but my office in the CBD isn't, so I have to go to work. At least I'll have A/C there.

Well, I have power but the water level rose like four more feet while I slept and now my car is starting to flood. If that is the only thing I lose or is damaged, then I guess I come out of this ok.

Just some light rain in Lake Charles.

Yep...power still out in lakeview... at work now. Enjoying some A/C and internet. Got some minor wind damaged...took off the trim on the back of my house. Could have been worse.
    Looking forward to listening to the saints on the radio tonight and having a hot beer...(hot due to fridge being out)

Well, my power came back on yesterday afternoon, so naturally, the entire family comes over to my house.

Total people in my house: my family of 5, three aunts, three uncles, one gramdma, three cousins, two dogs, and a partridge in a freaking pear tree.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Yep...power still out in lakeview... at work now. Enjoying some A/C and internet. Got some minor wind damaged...took off the trim on the back of my house. Could have been worse.
    Looking forward to listening to the saints on the radio tonight and having a hot beer...(hot due to fridge being out)
    Thanks for the update. Let me know if/when the power comes back up. My parents live there and don't want to send them back before they have AC. Also, there's apparently a sink hole at Robert E. Lee and West End so look out for that.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I live in BR and power went out for 5 minutes but during Gustav my power was out for 17 days(last neighbor hood in BR)
    Last edited by neitzelbaby12; 08-30-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Welcome to be here

http://viewoutage.entergy.com/la.aspx if yall wanna keep up with outages. Been watching it all day at work...not much progress today it seems. :\

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Thanks. Some more info for people in need of ice, water, tarps:

Emergency Point of Distribution (POD) sites

The National Guard has opened three emergency Point of Distribution (POD) sites where citizens can pick up critical supplies including ice, water, and tarps in New Orleans East, Lower Ninth Ward and on the West Bank.:

• 5501 Read Blvd in New Orleans East near Methodist Hospital
    • 2730 Vespasian Blvd on the West Bank
    • 700 Poland Ave., the Port of Embarkation in the Lower Ninth Ward

Sites are open 6am to 8pm, or when it is too dark to distribute supplies, until further notice.

Still no power in lakeview as of this morning.... i think i may be looking into getting a hotel room this weekend. I can't take another night of sweating. (been out since tues 10pm)

entergy said all along that they would mainly asses damage on Thursday and not many people would be brought online, you should start to see more neighborhoods going back online starting today. I know in Ascension parish, almost the entire parish was without power yesterday but this morning many of them have come back online. Crews were working through the night. I know Demco called on it's retired works to help man the trucks and help in anyway they can. The power companies are working as fast as they can.

I've been without power since Monday at 6 PM, so yesterday I got the hell out of New Orleans and went back to Baton Rouge. It was a pain to get there on 110. It's raining pretty hard here, but nothing too bad. Normal rain. Waiting till power gets back on in New Orleans.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

I ran like a lil *#@$* for some north Texas A/C and internetz. Gonna try back home to H-town (Harahan) tomorrow.

Stay strong...suckas!!

yeah at work in the cbd now about to leave for the weekend but its rough leaving the ac for the heat box in gentilly. stay strong!!

Thread Information