Sonics crashin' the party!
    Inflamed appendix! Are you kidding me?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Sonics crashin' the party!
    Inflamed appendix! Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Wow, my new look Rockets went 3-0 this sim, beating 3 decent teams. Moving to a fast pace and inside focus seemed to make a difference as my FG% and 3-point % improved.

Etan Thomas and Wally Z have been fabulous starting for me since the Rasheed trade. Mckie and Barry have been solid on the perimeter and Brad Miller is playing really well.
    I don't think Wally scored more than 8 points for me all year, so go figure.
    Etan Thomas was my pet project but he got in foul trouble a bunch, but when he's not he will put up pretty good numbers.

Glad they are ballin for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I don't think Wally scored more than 8 points for me all year, so go figure.
    Etan Thomas was my pet project but he got in foul trouble a bunch, but when he's not he will put up pretty good numbers.

Glad they are ballin for you.
    Wally is my number one scoring option right now and he's been solid overall mixing in a few 20+ point games. He gets a few assists as well and has been shooting well beyond the arc.

Thomas has been a double-double guy for me right now and is making his FTs as well. He has gotten in foul trouble a couple of times.

Someone's gotta score, someone's gotta grab loose rebounds

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Someone's gotta score, someone's gotta grab loose rebounds
    You would think that would have happened earlier in the season.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I'd say, for every 10 mill over the cap you need to pay 2 pts? that's fair ?
    In my opinion, that would be a WEAK tax penalty. Points aren't really a deterrent in this league. Having or not having points doesn't really effect the outcome of the league. So a team $10-$30 mill over the cap doesn't care if they lose 2-6 points. Because more than likely they have one or more players getting them that many points per sim. The teams over the cap are the teams getting the most points bc they have better players. So 2 points per $10 mill may seem like a lot to a team that doesn't have great players and are under the cap, but majority of teams over the cap have players that rake in points easily. I personally think the tax penalty should be pretty harsh on teams. To even the playing field a little more and make it more of a challenge to build a contending team.

Wait, how is the playing field not level? We all started in the same place. We all can spend what we want. It's not like you have a restrictive owner telling you not to spend. Some teams decided to build, some decided to win. The field has always been even. Some people or better / worse than others or have different plans.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Wait, how is the playing field not level? We all started in the same place. We all can spend what we want. It's not like you have a restrictive owner telling you not to spend. Some teams decided to build, some decided to win. The field has always been even. Some people or better / worse than others or have different plans.
    Sorry. Don't have time to discuss it right now. and don't like typing on my phone. But we should start a thread dedicated to discussing the luxury tax and get other GM's opinions on what penalties should be, etc.

Yeah, would love to hear your follow-up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    According to the roster index, only Parker should be starting. The other guys are 2nd or 3rd stringers. But its not a bad move since you don't have anything to play for. I'm not sure if playing time improves player rating the following season.

no one is gonna start Charles Oakley over Kenyon Martin, especially a rebuilding team. And Rip is my future and has been really efficient, no way Im going to bench him. I just tried Mo Pete the last 2 sims and he shot like 30%.

If you wanna talk about tanking look at the Nets lol

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    no one is gonna start Charles Oakley over Kenyon Martin, especially a rebuilding team. And Rip is my future and has been really efficient, no way Im going to bench him. I just tried Mo Pete the last 2 sims and he shot like 30%.

If you wanna talk about tanking look at the Nets lol
    LOL seriously. When Brian Bracey and Pat Garrity and Eddie Griffin are your #1-3 scoring options... when you have Jermaine Oneal and Baron Davis... you are clearly tanking. lol Playing for Manu haha

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    LOL seriously. When Brian Bracey and Pat Garrity and Eddie Griffin are your #1-3 scoring options... when you have Jermaine Oneal and Baron Davis... you are clearly tanking. lol Playing for Manu haha

Yeah, I thought people would take a little more pride at not tanking and the commish shouldn't have to monitor this because let's be real this isn't even close to the first only attempt; but there should be a stiff punsihment for this since it deceives the process.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I have trouble keeping up with who's tanking and who's not because not everyone posts DC's.

As far as the Nets, I figured I couldn't tell people who to make their scoring options. I will say this though, I've never seen it proven as fact, but the game has a way of not rewarding people for tanking, if you know what I mean.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    The 1st time I did it was to see how Holocomb plays with the B inside, honestly I really didnt care for tanking, because most of the people I messaged was about trading away my picks for next year picks. So you can say "I was tanking," which I sorta was, but I honestly didnt care for it. But since some are *****ing, I would stop my experiment and do what will make YOU happy.

And its not like my star players wasnt starting! My SF, PF, and SG are all close to the same ratings. And as for the scoring option, it doesnt matter because if I can set BD or JO to the last options they are going to average the same thing in every category.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I have trouble keeping up with who's tanking and who's not because not everyone posts DC's.

As far as the Nets, I figured I couldn't tell people who to make their scoring options.
    Problem is, you can make your team significantly worse doing it. Like I said, not really your fault, too hard for you to analyze each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    And its not like my star players wasnt starting! My SF, PF, and SG are all close to the same ratings. And as for the scoring option, it doesnt matter because if I can set BD or JO to the last options they are going to average the same thing in every category.
    Eh, you already admitted to it, let's move forward. If you really only wanted to see holocolm then u could have kept Davis and Oneal as 2 other scoring options. And no that's not true about the last part.

The 1st time I did it was to see how Holocomb plays with the B inside, honestly I really didnt care for tanking, because most of the people I messaged was about trading away my picks for next year picks. So you can say "I was tanking," which I sorta was, but I honestly didnt care for it. But since some are *****ing, I would stop my experiment and do what will make YOU happy.
    Play them how you want I dont care, it just looks like it with Patterson not playing and your scoring options. 78 is the one that kept saying I was tanking for no reason, just giving a better example of someone not playing their best

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    What's done is done. Doesn't really matter much now with the last sim lol. I'm starting my best players and have gone like 1-16 or something like that.

The thing about DC's are confusing too, I still can't find Beelos original DC anywhere. It just always says same, but I never saw where he posted one. It really doesn't matter I just wanted to check his out since he was having success. I like looking at other peoples DC's to see what everyone is doing and how they experiment with their roster.
    #FREEQUAIL

Eh, you already admitted to it, let's move forward. If you really only wanted to see holocolm then u could have kept Davis and Oneal as 2 other scoring options. And no that's not true about the last part.
    The point is it wasn't just Holocomb I wanted to see. And what I mean when I said "sorta was," is that it may seem like that. As i said, the First time I did it was to see what Holocomb can do, now I wanted to see what the others can do, while they are on the final year of they contracts, so I can know who to try and retain or let go, and ty to trade etc. Since its so much whining as usual I'll set my depth chart to what yall want

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    The thing about DC's are confusing too, I still can't find Beelos original DC anywhere. It just always says same, but I never saw where he posted one. It really doesn't matter I just wanted to check his out since he was having success. I like looking at other peoples DC's to see what everyone is doing and how they experiment with their roster.
    He didn't post one the first week so it got "recommended." After he did so well the first week he PM'ed me asking how it was set and after he saw it he's kept it the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Play them how you want I dont care, it just looks like it with Patterson not playing and your scoring options. 78 is the one that kept saying I was tanking for no reason, just giving a better example of someone not playing their best
    It doesnt mattter what it looks like to you, as long as I know what I'm doing, and setting up to tank dont only have to do with you DC or options, you may have traded for those pplayers knowing you would be pretty bad and still have a high chance of a pick. But of course no one else knows what you was initiallly trying taht is saved in your head. Not anyone elses

you may have traded for those pplayers knowing you would be pretty bad and still have a high chance of a pick.
    This is true and I don't think the 'No Tanking' Rule's intent was to restrict people's movement.

Thread Information