Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Season 2 - Week 21 Results

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    @HRSKIPBAYLESS: Decision point is the end of next season. Jones Marshall, Z all end contracts. Can't expect to keep them all. Only Elite player is webber
    Webber is still signed long-term. They should try to plug in holes and/or acquiring another elite player while they have him.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

5 minutes ago it was if u can't fill your team with all starts u need to rebuild, but he needs to plug. You need to pick a stance.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Getting another elite player isnt as easy as one would think. So just throwing that in there obsurely doesnt work IMO sir.

and watch the middle class fade away, as we all know we need a middle class.
    The middle class is fading. It already started with teams stacking rosters with All-Stars. The Shaq trade was the deathblow. That trade changed everything. Teams that were playoff contenders (1st and 2nd round ceiling) were put out of commission with that trade. Honestly, that trade rocked the elite teams as well since the Lakers have beaten most of them since the Shaq trade. A smart middle class team is a dead one right now until the salary cap structure changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    The middle class is fading. It already started with teams stacking rosters with All-Stars. The Shaq trade was the deathblow. That trade changed everything. Teams that were playoff contenders (1st and 2nd round ceiling) were put out of commission with that trade. Honestly, that trade rocked the elite teams as well since the Lakers have beaten most of them since the Shaq trade. A smart middle class team is a dead one right now until the salary cap structure changes.
    New CBA? I think people forget to mention how good Grant hill is and the Mavs free trade of Casell. They're still the team to beat. won the ship last year and got better.

5 minutes ago it was if u can't fill your team with all starts u need to rebuild, but he needs to plug. You need to pick a stance.
    That is true. My team was capped out and was the worst team in the league with older players. I could have kept Sheed, but I wouldn't have had any cap room to improve. Maybe Boston is in the same spot, but he has Webber signed for 3 more years. I think he has to try at least one season to find another elite player.

I'd say, for every 10 mill over the cap you need to pay 2 pts? that's fair ?

That is true. My team was capped out and was the worst team in the league with older players. I could have kept Sheed, but I wouldn't have had any cap room to improve. Maybe Boston is in the same spot, but he has Webber signed for 3 more years. I think he has to try at least one season to find another elite player.
    Can't say i understand why u were so good last year so bad this year; and exactly. Next year is a decision point

New CBA? I think people forget to mention how good Grant hill is and the Mavs free trade of Casell. They're still the team to beat. won the ship last year and got better.
    That is true, but the Shaq trade made the middle class teams irrelevant for good. That trade was a wake-up call. Honestly, that trade was a big reason why I shipped Rasheed. Plus, the Lakers won at Dallas since both trades. They won at Cleveland. They're dominating elite teams. They're destroying middle class teams. The game has changed now. Either you're elite like LA, Dallas, SA, or Cleveland or your roadkill.

I'd say, for every 10 mill over the cap you need to pay 2 pts? that's fair ?
    Maybe. I don't know still. Its hard to control the cap situation since the original draft set the rosters. I think as long as teams over the cap make fair trades, not sure if they need to be punished.

I beat SA recently!!!
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Can't say i understand why u were so good last year so bad this year; and exactly. Next year is a decision point
    I think bad game-planning by Rudy T for sure. Didn't understand the roster too well. Plus, lost defensive players in Cato, Lynch, and Funderburke. Also the depth worsened by trading Cato and Brent Barry and moving Brad Miller and Mobley to the starting lineup. But in the end, Rudy T took too long figuring out the gameplan.

I agree that trade changed everything. But the randomness of Training Camps will decide what happens year to year IMO. Gradewise I upgraded at the PG position, and backup PF/C in Kwame, training camp happend my team decreased everywhere and have gone from 2nd seed in East 4th or 5th best record in NBA to 8th seed in east barely breaking .500.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    I beat SA recently!!!
    If SA doesn't win it, they've pretty much been "delt with"

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I agree that trade changed everything. But the randomness of Training Camps will decide what happens year to year IMO. Gradewise I upgraded at the PG position, and backup PF/C in Kwame, training camp happend my team decreased everywhere and have gone from 2nd seed in East 4th or 5th best record in NBA to 8th seed in east barely breaking .500.
    Injuries are what put you here not training camp. You're better than the 76ers an that division battle should be you and Washington.

If SA doesn't win it, they've pretty much been "delt with"
    The Spurs are a very good team, a well-oiled machine, and Beelos has done an outstanding job with that roster, but unfortunately, they don't have the ceiling of Dallas or the Lakers. They will give both teams a battle. Still, the Mavs and Lakers will be an epic WCF assuming no major injuries occur.

Injuries are what put you here not training camp. You're better than the 76ers an that division battle should be you and Washington.
    I was something like 32-30 before Jones got hurt. So while injuries very well could keep me out of the playoffs my team struggled when healthy. And it could be everyone else improving their team, but literally every single player of mine got worse through training camp especially in key categories (ie REB for Webber, Inside for Z, etc...)

Wasn't Marshall hurt also?

The Spurs are a very good team, a well-oiled machine, and Beelos has done an outstanding job with that roster, but unfortunately, they don't have the ceiling of Dallas or the Lakers. They will give both teams a battle. Still, the Mavs and Lakers will be an epic WCF assuming no major injuries occur.
    It was epic last year honestly and both teams got more talented and intensity is ratcheted up.

Wasn't Marshall hurt also?
    He got hurt 15 mins into my first playoff game last year against the Wizards. He has played in every game this year. Jones has missed the last 12 Kwame the last 7 or so...And I meant other teams got better through draft, FA, trades...not through their training camps.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lol I'm good, once you get inside 4 weeks I wanted to break it up so people have more chances to set their dc's for the home stretch.

I just forgot to do it last year.

It was epic last year honestly and both teams got more talented and intensity is ratcheted up.
    I agree. Can't wait to see it.

I agree. Can't wait to see it.
    Sonics crashin' the party!

Finally got my 8man rotation. It feels good to put "same" on the depth chart thread

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    Finally got my 8man rotation. It feels good to put "same" on the depth chart thread
    I'm talking you down on the last day of the sim!

Thread Information