Pelicans Report

Thread: NY Times/Q&A With Anthony Davis {merged}

NY Times/Q&A With Anthony Davis {merged}

Figured you guys would want to take a read at this

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...er=rss&emc=rss

LeBron and Kobe and Melo were the main guys who took me under their wings and talked to me and told me about what the N.B.A. is like.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Ease up. Chris Paul is not the rule. He may or may not be ruled by who he grows attachments too and would really listen to his buddies telling him he needs to play somewhere bigger and with someone else as good as him, but that doesn't mean Davis is like that.

Also, those are three dudes that would be good to pick the brains of. LeBron and Kobe know the game and Melo...eh. Melo aight.

Anywho...

What do you want to accomplish in your first season in the N.B.A.?

Win rookie of the year. Make first-team all-rookie, first-team all-defense and defensive player of the year.
    Ambitious and achievable. I approve.

You trademarked the slogans “Fear the Brow” and “Raise the Brow,” referring to your unibrow. Will you ever trim it?

No. It’s like an icon. It’s its own self. Maybe for a billion dollars.
    So, his unibrow has achieved self-awareness.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 08-26-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Wants to win ROY, All-rookie 1st team, DPOY, and all-defensive first team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    Oh nos, the best players in the league r rucritngz him; he'z demaning a trade

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

What do you want to accomplish in your first season in the N.B.A.?

Win rookie of the year. Make first-team all-rookie, first-team all-defense and defensive player of the year.
    That's pretty bold. What if he did win DPOY and had more blocks per game then Ibaka last year? (:

NY Times Quick Interview w/ Anthony Davis: music to Hornets fans ears

I love what I hear especially the quote after the question "What player do you compare yourself to"

I can't wait to see this guy play a full NBA game. This interview is music to Hornets fans ears.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...er=rss&emc=rss
    Last edited by rubicon; 08-27-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    UUUMMM would like a link.......

Sorry about that its up there now

The only part of that interview I didnt like was the fact that he's not embarrassed to say he listens to Drake and Lil Wayne.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

drake and wayne are nice.....

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Nice what? Nicely garbage?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Lol, Dizzy Wright and Hopsin is real music.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    I thought i was the only one who listens to these guys!! Nice to see some other fans of them!!!!!!!
    WE THE BEST

Lol, Kendrick lamar, Big KRIT, XV, J Cole, Lupe Fiasco,Ab Soul and Hopsin is real music.
    fixed for u lil bro....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    The only part of that interview I didnt like was the fact that he's not embarrassed to say he listens to Drake and Lil Wayne.
    Lil Wayne used to be "dope" before he got too mainstream. I can't stand his music now but there was a time when I could refer to him as talented.

Yesterday, I was listening to Priscilla Ahn, Shadows Fall, Gustav Holst, random songs produced by Dre, Ennio Moricone, Cream, B.O.B., Daft Punk, and Less Than Jake (their old stuff, anyway). Go go Pandora quick mix.

As far as Wayne goes, I like the flow of his lyrics, but his voice and the beats in most of his songs annoy me so I don't listen to him much.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Q. How many hipsters does it take to discuss an Anthony Davis article?

A. Some obscure number, you've probably never heard of it.

this, plus a few others for sure
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Q. How many hipsters does it take to discuss an Anthony Davis article?

A. Some obscure number, you've probably never heard of it.
    Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Yesterday, I was listening to Priscilla Ahn, Shadows Fall, Gustav Holst, random songs produced by Dre, Ennio Moricone, Cream, B.O.B., Daft Punk, and Less Than Jake (their old stuff, anyway). Go go Pandora quick mix.
    I haven't been able to get 'Cockeye's Song' from Once Upon A Time In America out of my head for three days.

Likewise 'Alice's House' by the Psychedelic Furs, but that's another story.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

^ I'm still amused that almost all the famous American Western movie music (a unique genre in cinema) is composed by an Italian.

Don't be suprised if you see Wayne at alot of games.....dude is an avid bandwagon fan. But yeah Wayne fell off after The Carter 2. Then he got all skateboard/rocker on us. Honestly Wayne has turned into a clown. I miss the Hot Boys era Wayne can't stand this YMCB Wayne....

I can't hate on Davis for liking Drake tho....I like him...actually he's the only one out of that whole crew IMO that has any talent. LOL

Wayne fell off after Carter 2 is your opinion but Carter 3 was his highest selling album. Wayne 1st week sales of Tha Carter 3 was the highest selling album since 50 Cent get rich or die trying. Also, Wayne been a Hornets fan since they been in New Orleans (remember his Hornets chain?) but like any other fair weather fan they jump off bandwagons quick as Chad Johnson divorce. It'll be nice to see him and Birdman sit courtside each game, more publicity for us.

Thread Information