Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2002 Draft File

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    2nd one, first doesn't seem to be good enough for a player of Yao's caliber. I'd bump down the rebounding on the 2nd though.. but everything else on those ratings seem pretty accurate. Do the ratings take height into account?
    He's got 10 years to get better. He was an all star early bc of the chinese.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    2nd one by far

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He's got 10 years to get better. He was an all star early bc of the chinese.
    It's just that I haven't really seen the progression of the younger players take place yet. Kenyon Martin's rating did not change a BIT even though he was going from rookie year to sophomore year, and he was the number 1 overall pick in that draft. The fact that Parker and Gasol both put up numbers close to their prime and the fact there's actually a store for progress makes me think that a lot of the progress made needs to be bought.

If the ratings do eventually progress on their own, then the first one fits rookie Yao the best.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I found this thing in the game where you can put in a players stats from any particular season and the game takes those stats and makes the players rating to match those stats. The first set is what he had when I downloaded the draft class, the second set is his stats after I put in his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I found this thing in the game where you can put in a players stats from any particular season and the game takes those stats and makes the players rating to match those stats. The first set is what he had when I downloaded the draft class, the second set is his stats after I put in his numbers.
    Is that something that's used for training camps as well?

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Sounds cool. maybe that's the method we should use for players with ratings that aren't what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Is that something that's used for training camps as well?
    Nah, camps are random. Gotta remember that this game was made in 01 I believe, so as far as the game knows 02 and so on never happened.

I looked at the boards for the game, and that was generally the answer given when people asked about training camps. That its all random and nothing you can do about it
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

To be honest, I have cap space and a high draft pick. I would rather Manu and AK47 be FAs

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    To be honest, I have cap space and a high draft pick. I would rather Manu and AK47 be FAs
    AMEN

Was anything ever done about a few of these ratings?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Is AK-47 going to be in this draft?

I edited some of them, and yes AK will be.

Thread Information