Pelicans Report

Thread: HoopsHype FINALLY updated our salaries (Lopez deal does have 2nd year option)

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

HoopsHype FINALLY updated our salaries (Lopez deal does have 2nd year option)

I have been checking HoopsHype every day now in anticipation for the Lopez contract update, and according to them he has a team option for the 2nd year and a qualifying offer for the 3rd. Without Robert's deal, which shouldn't be much, our total team salary is at 63.1 million. Including the Roberts deal it will probably be closer to 64. Do some of you guys feel better now about the Lopez deal since we do have that out in the second year if things don't work out?

I do. I didn't like signing him for 3 guaranteed years. I like him as an option for this season since he fills a need.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Whats a qualifying offer? Eric Gordon's contract has a freaking player option! hopefully we can get him to stay!

Also its good that when our rookies become restricted agents we wont have anyone else signed.

freaking warrick for two years??

I thought Warrick had a team option for next season. If not, that sucks.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    That would be the weirdest thing if we didn't pick up Robin Lopez's TO and Warrick has a two year deal, so Warrick was on the team but RoLo wasn't.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I thought Warrick had a team option for next season. If not, that sucks.
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/HRForu...l=1#post970171

Quote Originally Posted by 42
    Hoopshype is wrong. Shamsports disagrees, for instance.

I asked Suns people. They said it's $4m each year, team option on the last.
    HoopsHype has been wrong about Warrick's contract from the start. He has a team option for next year, confirmed after the trade by other sites and whomever 42 knows with the Suns.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh no, Warrick on the team for two years?

Excuse me...

LOl at Lewis contract what a joke.

didn't realize we still have so much cap room next offseason while still having pretty much everyone under contract. nice!

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    didn't realize we still have so much cap room next offseason while still having pretty much everyone under contract. nice!
    The 37.7m figure doesn't include all of the team options. If you include everyone on that list, including Warrick, it's actually just under 52 million.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    The 37.7m figure doesn't include all of the team options. If you include everyone on that list, including Warrick, it's actually just under 52 million.
    Looking at about 39 mil with:

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon
    Aminu/Miller
    Anderson
    Davis/Smith

Factor in cap holds, and you are looking at about 17 million in cap room. If we pick up the option on Lopez, it will be about 12.5

I just can't see any scenario in which Warrick or Henry are back- at least not at those prices
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Looking at about 39 mil with:

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon
    Aminu/Miller
    Anderson
    Davis/Smith

Factor in cap holds, and you are looking at about 17 million in cap room. If we pick up the option on Lopez, it will be about 12.5

I just can't see any scenario in which Warrick or Henry are back- at least not at those prices
    Who's cap holds are those?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    Who's cap holds are those?
    The empty roster spots up to 12 and also the cap hold for a qualifying offer (if we are able to give it to a player). We can renounce the QO, but then we also lose any RFA rights to that player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The empty roster spots up to 12 and also the cap hold for a qualifying offer (if we are able to give it to a player). We can renounce the QO, but then we also lose any RFA rights to that player.
    So those are just minimum cap holds? cause it seemed like he was referring to QO cap holds and such :P

Henry earning more than J Smitty is criminal.

JS is the best value contract on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Henry earning more than J Smitty is criminal.

JS is the best value contract on the roster.
    Well that's next season. This season JS is making a tad bit more. And I don't know about you folks, but I'm thinking X won't be on our roster in 2013-14.

JS is definitely a great value for us, but I think Gravy is our best deal on there.

I say that when we look back on the season, production relative to salary (Wins created vs. $ earned, etc.)- the order will go:

1. Ryan Anderson
    2. Anthony Davis
    3. Vasquez
    4. Smith

I still can't believe how little people talk about Ryan ANderson. We just had one of the Basketball Prospectus guys on the podcast and their performance predictor compares a player to a past or current player based on dozens of factors. The player he says Anderson's game most resembles advanced stat wise? Dirk Nowitzki

Anderson and Davis will both post PER's between 19 and 22, while earning less than 14 million combined.

THAT is value

Anderson was great when he had Dwight getting doubled in the middle and was left open.

When Dwight was out and in the playoffs he wasn't all that productive.

I'm still not convinced he'll be awesome without a top centre but time will tell.

Anderson was great when he had Dwight getting doubled in the middle and was left open.

I'm still not convinced he'll be awesome without a top centre but time will tell.
    Myth.

Anderson did well in the regular season without Dwight who missed a lot of games.

Also, a healthy Gordon will create open shots for Anderson and vice versa.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

True, but he also was being asked to be a number one scoring option and play a good bit of 5 on a roster with no real backup center. After Howard went down that whole Magic squad was just a mess, so I wont hold that against him.

Anderson is a 2/3 option. Let's treat him as such. Anderson's game revolves around space. Whether it's Dwight or Gordon, Anderson will have the space he needs to work with here.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    HoopsHype updated our salaries once more, they changed the 3rd year of Lopez's deal from a qualifying offer to a team option. Once again, GREAT DEAL Demps.

Anthony Davis cutting to the basket will scramble defenses, which will help Anderson.

Thread Information