Pelicans Report

Thread: Warrick told by Hornets he will "have the option to" play both forward positions

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Warrick told by Hornets he will "have the option to" play both forward positions

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...rt_more_sports

Warrick said the coaching staff has given him the option to play both forward position this upcoming season although his natural position is power forward. The Hornets acquired Warrick and center Robin Lopez in a July 27 trade from the Phoenix Suns.

Warrick: Whatever I can do to get out on the floor, they said I can play either position. Just being able to play multiple positions that’s something I’ve worked hard to improve my game and be able to play a few minutes at the three.

I also thought this quote was interesting:

Minutes at power forward could be hard to come by for Warrick because of projected starter Anthony Davis and top backups Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith. Anderson is expected to play some at small forward and Smith is likely to get some reserve minutes at center behind Lopez.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Hopefully Smith gets far more minutes than Warrick.

So does that mean Monty will roll a Davis/Lopez starting combo? Interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Hopefully Smith gets far more minutes than Warrick.
    Jeez we cant give Warrick a chance?

Davis and Lopez are the starters. Anderson will get heavy minutes playing the 3-5 positions, smiht will play the 4 and 5 back up, and Warwick will get 4 and 5 scrap minutes.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    A chance to do what? Magically become better than he's been his whole career? Maybe he'll improve under Monty but I'd hate to see this guy take away minutes from Smith.

He runs around and dunks the ball. He's an undersized four who lacks the skills to play the 3 well.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That bottom quote is nothing more than speculation, the team isn't going to tell any members of the media who's starting and who's not.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    So does that mean Monty will roll a Davis/Lopez starting combo? Interesting indeed.
    In the press interview with Lopez someone asked him how he was going to like getting over 30 minutes a game compared to the 14 he got last year. I don't know who it was or where they got their info, but someone in the press seems to think that Lopez is starting.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    A chance to do what? Magically become better than he's been his whole career? Maybe he'll improve under Monty but I'd hate to see this guy take away minutes from Smith.

He runs around and dunks the ball. He's an undersized four who lacks the skills to play the 3 well.
    I understand where your coming from but damn nobody knows how he wil play, Maybe he'll be that defensive wizard against some players, Maybe he'll have a really big scoring night on certain defenders. Besides we need more athletism on this team besides AD, and EG10. Hell, what if (God forbid) Darius Miller never pans out, I believe in Hakim and he can do some things, not manyy but we can use it to our advantage

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Hakim the Dream could steal some minutes at the 3.
    @DanielVeuleman

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I know the question was asked to Lopez in his interview about playing 30-35 minutes a game, but I really don't think he is going to get more than 25mpg.

No.

Hakim Warrick= 2012 JuJu?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Warrick is thirty and already a known quantity. Why does he need a 'chance' to prove anything? Is he magically going to evolve into an all-star or something?

"Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    All he needs to do is be athletic and make a play or two to energize the crowd. Anything else is lagniappe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    All he needs to do is be athletic and make a play or two to energize the crowd. Anything else is lagniappe.
    Thank you ! and he needs a CHANCE to do that

Thank you ! and he needs a CHANCE to do that
    Why does he deserve a chance? He doesn't deserve anything. He needs to earn it.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Exactly. No one is saying he should be our 12 man, that's for a dude like Bowles if we bring him in or Brian Roberts. Warrick will get his minutes. He fits into the puzzle well enough. I'm not expecting him to be some kind of LaMarcus Aldridge. If he had that in him, he would've shown it by now.

Warrick is 30? I could have sworn mid Twenties at the most.

Thread Information