Pelicans Report

Thread: ESPN ranks Hornets uniforms #74 overall

ESPN ranks Hornets uniforms #74 overall

New Orleans is a party town, so a bit of gaudiness is OK. But the Hornets are treading a fine line between gaudy and garish. Meanwhile, here's something weird: Team owner Tom Benson wants to change the team's name, but the current team name doesn't appear on any of the team's four (!) uniforms, so they could actually get a new moniker and keep their current uni set if they wanted (although that seems highly unlikely).

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/sto...uniforms-1-122

thunder #37? Yeah allright..my nephew could draw a better one

And saints #83?! Are you ****ing KIDDING ME?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    And saints #83?! Are you ****ing KIDDING ME?!
    the new Nike collars really do look pretty bad IMO

thunder #37? Yeah allright..my nephew could draw a better one
    Wow. That's pretty much the best way to shoot down any credibility you wish to have

Pretty interesting that our uniforms don't say Hornets

Our unis haven't said Hornets in quite some time. Does anyone know when was the last time Hornets were on our unis? Have they had Hornets on them since their stint in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Our unis haven't said Hornets in quite some time. Does anyone know when was the last time Hornets were on our unis? Have they had Hornets on them since their stint in OKC?
    Since they moved here, "Hornets" has never been on that uniform (outside of the Katrina stint, which I dont count).

OKC being #37 is a complete joke. It is the most unimaginative and generic uni outside of Penn State, without the history of Penn State. Even with the godawful collar the Saints uni should not be below that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Since they moved here, "Hornets" has never been on that uniform (outside of the Katrina stint, which I dont count).

OKC being #37 is a complete joke. It is the most unimaginative and generic uni outside of Penn State, without the history of Penn State. Even with the godawful collar the Saints uni should not be below that thing.
    Why in the heck did I think Hornets had been on the home unis before that stint? I don't know why I thought that. You're definitely right.

Actually the name "Hornets" never appeared on the uniform in the Charlotte days either. The only time the name has appeared on the jersey is for the home uniform during the stint when they played in OKC.

Draft Pick
    The fact that the Tampa bay buccaneers uniforms are not #122 makes this list a complete joke.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I can deal with our teal-tastic selfs being low. But the Saints being this low and the THUNDER being that high? Hahahaha.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDude21 View Post
    The fact that the Tampa bay buccaneers uniforms are not #122 makes this list a complete joke.
    That's a debate..i think either the rockets or the seahawks could have that spot. Or the timberwolves. Man that's tough.

Wonder who's going to the top 10? someone like..lakers and celtics?

I miss the old jerseys..

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    the new Nike collars really do look pretty bad IMO
    On the black Jerseys the new collar looks horrible....the white jersey collars arent all that noticable tho. I do agree with the guy when he says stick to the gold pants. THE BLACK PANTS ARE CURSED!!! LOL.

the people running that are suckers for classic uniforms. most of my favorite jerseys are near the bottom, so i don't really care what that site has to say. You can't tell me the Spurs have one of the best NBA jerseys... that's all i needed to read to know I wasn't going to listen to their opinion

At least the Jazz, using the somewhat original nola uni, are in the top 25. Paul Lukas seems to have alot of love for MLB uniforms. The A's in the top ten, despite having one of the worst color combos ever. The Royals in at 25, even with Lukas acknowledging that the unis are pretty much a rip off of the dodgers who are at 14. He also seems to have some hate for those new two colored collars in the NFL, memo to nike for next season.

I know the Celts have arguably the greatest history in pro basketball, but their unis are hideous. All versions of the Hornets' unis have been more creative and modern. Kiss my size 14 wide, ESPN.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I love our jerseys! That' the one bad thing about the rebrand.

Ranking the Thunder, Lakers, and Celtics as high as they did just shows you they are running the usual mothership MO with front running. Sure they mixed Golden State, Utah, and DC in the mix but they give no good reason for the ranking of OKC...in fact they call out a lot of flaws for the supposed "7th best uni in the NBA" ...ESPN loses a lot of credibility for me on a day to day basis (except for GrantLand).

This is one idiot's opinion. These "rankings" are as meaningless as can be.

Draft Pick
    That's a debate..i think either the rockets or the seahawks could have that spot. Or the timberwolves. Man that's tough.

Wonder who's going to the top 10? someone like..lakers and celtics?
    Ew I hate the rockets unis! But of course he puts the lakers and celtics near the top.... He works for ESPN

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    the people running that are suckers for classic uniforms. most of my favorite jerseys are near the bottom, so i don't really care what that site has to say. You can't tell me the Spurs have one of the best NBA jerseys... that's all i needed to read to know I wasn't going to listen to their opinion
    Wish I could pay u for being so right!... Stole the words right off my keyboard!

Thread Information