Pelicans Report

Thread: Where our roster stands

Where our roster stands

I'm assuming Lance Thomas is signed to the team. Not what I believe the depth chart is necessarily, just these guys projected positions. Stands at 14 so wouldn't be surprised if we were done with the roster. Wouldn't hate bringing in a 3rd Center (Hassan Whiteside)

PG: Greivis Vasquez, Austin Rivers, Brian Roberts
    SG: Eric Gordon, Xavier Henry, Roger Mason Jr.
    SF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Darius Miller
    PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Hakim Warrick, Lance Thomas
    C: Robin Lopez, Jason Smith
    Last edited by AD23nEG10; 08-22-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Banned
    Anderson is not coming off the bench for 9 mil.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    If it's best for the team, he will.

To the OP, I think if this was a depth chart it is pretty accurate. But I do believe X will play more SF than SG. O and also you either forgot about Hakim Warrick or think he won't make the team.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-22-2012 at 01:18 PM.

I'm not sure why people are so stuck on starting versus coming off the bench. There are much better players coming off the bench than Anderson because IT IS BETTER FOR THE TEAM. Ginoboli and Harden for example.
    Last edited by rockman; 08-22-2012 at 12:53 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Is Whiteside still a free agent? Makes me wonder if my adoration was misplaced....

And on the other hand, Get it done Demps!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Is Whiteside still a free agent? Makes me wonder if my adoration was misplaced....

And on the other hand, Get it done Demps!
    As far as I know. There must be a reason that this dude hasn't been picked up, but this board seems to love him. Either he's asking for too much money, or the dude really sucks.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

hence why in the post it says "Not what I believe the depth chart is necessarily, just these guys projected positions." meaning he's naturally a PF and coincidentally so is Davis.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    hence why in the post it says "Not what I believe the depth chart is necessarily, just these guys projected positions." meaning he's naturally a PF and coincidentally so is Davis.
    With Davis being here Anderson will get most burn at the three. And to others no, Anderson will not come off the bench for 9 mil a year. I'll put money on that. The only higher paid players that come off the bench (other than old wash-ups) are scoring with the ball sparkplug players, which he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so stuck on starting versus coming off the bench. There are much better players coming off the bench than Anderson because IT IS BETTER FOR THE TEAM. Ginoboli and Harden for example.
    On championship-level teams, yes. On low lottery/maybe .500 teams? Most players only ok with that sort of thing if you're winning.

I'm assuming Lance Thomas is signed to the team. Not what I believe the depth chart is necessarily, just these guys projected positions. Stands at 13 so wouldn't be surprised if we were done with the roster. Wouldn't hate bringing in a 3rd Center (Hassan Whiteside)

PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Lance Thomas, Hakeem Warrick

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    touche. fixed

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    When James Harden gets an extension and gets paid more money, is Scott Brooks going to start him because of that? Of course not. The coach will do what's best for the team. He's not there to play to a player's ego.

I expect Lopez to start quite honestly and Anderson to still get 30 minutes or so off of the bench, and I expect Anderson to be perfectly okay with that. He seems like a true professional and he's come off the bench plenty before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I expect Lopez to start quite honestly and Anderson to still get 30 minutes or so off of the bench, and I expect Anderson to be perfectly okay with that. He seems like a true professional and he's come off the bench plenty before.
    You guys just don't seem to get it. The team won't be contending any time soon, it makes zero sense to relegate a young player coming off a career year to the bench. Granted, Anderson is very mature, but it's going to affect the mindset of any player that finds themselves in that situation. Plus, you're all talking about him starting behind ROBIN LOPEZ. Are you kidding me? The guy is good for no more than 20 minutes per game, and when i say 'good', I mean still standing. The team brought in Anderson to develop and play alongside Davis as the frontcourt of the future, Lopez is nothing more than another big body (an injury-prone one at that). But anyway, may we stop arguing about the rotation until the season starts? It's not getting us anywhere

Based on production last year and given that he's supposedly bulked up a good bit why are we to assume Jason Smith wont start over Robin Lopez?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    You guys just don't seem to get it. The team won't be contending any time soon, it makes zero sense to relegate a young player coming off a career year to the bench. Granted, Anderson is very mature, but it's going to affect the mindset of any player that finds themselves in that situation. Plus, you're all talking about him starting behind ROBIN LOPEZ. Are you kidding me? The guy is good for no more than 20 minutes per game, and when i say 'good', I mean still standing. The team brought in Anderson to develop and play alongside Davis as the frontcourt of the future, Lopez is nothing more than another big body (an injury-prone one at that). But anyway, may we stop arguing about the rotation until the season starts? It's not getting us anywhere
    You don't seem to get the fact that it does not matter if you start or not. What matters is if you FINISH the game, and Anderson will unless Lopez was outplaying him that night (very unlikely to happen)

He's starting behind Anthony Davis, not Robin Lopez. Not as if that really matters, but if you're going to make this about ego (which is what this argument is all about really), then playing behind the top pick in the draft sounds a lot better.

By the way, if you want the arguing to stop, don't contribute to it. It's that simple.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm assuming Lance Thomas is signed to the team. Not what I believe the depth chart is necessarily, just these guys projected positions. Stands at 14 so wouldn't be surprised if we were done with the roster. Wouldn't hate bringing in a 3rd Center (Hassan Whiteside)

PF: Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Hakeem Warrick, Lance Thomas
    I just like this roster, it looks like an exciting team.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I'm prett sure Ryno will be a first off the bench guy until Davis bulks up enough to play the 5 full time. They are the front court of the future, but perhaps not the present. He can easily get 30 or more minutes off the bench.

But hey, I've been wrong before.
    @DanielVeuleman

Gordon needs Anderson on the floor more than anyone else.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The drive an kick game will be indescribable.

Guys whos starting is really not that big of a deal, this is not High School basket ball, Davis, Lopez, Anderson, and J Smith will all get adequate minutes in the front court, also i wouldn't be surprise to see Mason, Gordon, and Rivers on the court as the some point doing the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    You don't seem to get the fact that it does not matter if you start or not.
    That view is not one that is shared by many NBA players.

Thread Information