Pelicans Report

Thread: Monty Williams Interview on WWL's "Sports Talk" w/ Bobby & Deke

Monty Williams Interview on WWL's "Sports Talk" w/ Bobby & Deke

LINK

Sooo...The audio sound-bite won't play.. But don't fret!

Luckily WWL's audio player comes fully equipped with a very handy feature that apparently utilizes robots to recognize and transcribe the conversation into text for your reading pleasure.

There is one problem, however... - robots are wholly incappable of deciphering Bobby and Deke speak

Observe.

0:00:04 Orleans Hornets in doubt has got a new multi year deal money Williams to the radio hook. Coach Williams congratulations and thank you so much for Jonas we appreciate. Oh. Coach sell when you get this and extensive what does that

0:01:38 Coach Williams I know that we talk and info ball we ask about the you know what he's changed its gas have played him

0:04:21 With opponents Kota money Williams Cotto is getting a multi year contract extension with the Hornets it was announced at the front of the week. Coach Williams now the Olympics are done and everybody talked about that would have great are rowdy was for the dream team and got

0:06:59 Coach Williams would they'd say you talk about that they work of progress in this group how do you like the Cole play as

0:08:12 Hornets coach Monty Williams Coach Williams once again congratulations. Thank you so much for the time. Okay Hornets coach mine and we in Zimbabwe and it's not that we all. Have come to respect Coach Williams is because he's he's going to.

0:09:15 don't I don't wanna put in the context that that's what money Williams's saying that's how mine Weems field. Right now and oh yeah is a different.

Anyways; did any of you guys listen in live?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    Coach Williams I know that we talk and info ball we ask about the you know what he's changed its gas have played him
    @DanielVeuleman

i am enlightened

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    That's the most intelligent speech I've seen from Deke and Bobby in five years.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Recap:

-Coach Payton and Drew are huge in the community. Much respect for them. Glad that Mickey and Benson have a lot of confidence in him, allows him to look ahead with precision.

-How the game has changed since he played: Some changes are good and some are bad. Young guys rely on parents/agents/friends more than organization nowadays. Inspired by our guys because they believe in the system. Game isn't nearly as physical, but it's much faster because guys are more athletic now. Our guys are young, need to learn how to play, but we will get better.

-Establishing a team: Veterans like Gordon, Anderson, Lopez, etc... mixed with even younger guys. Process began a few days ago in a "preseason camp" with guys like Gordon, Anderson, Vasquez, Aminu, etc... That process continues through camp.

-Davis in Olympics: Helps for sure, being around Coach K and other coaches and the great players he played with. Players will have to contend with him for the next 15 years.

-4th Quarter Adversity (closer): Gordon helps a lot in that regard - can close games. Monty, himself, needs to make better decisions - better plays called at end of game. Doesn't believe everything is on the players. Grooming Rivers, Davis, and Anderson to help out with that - mentioned Vasquez too.

-Core of players: Doesn't want to pressure the guys because they are so young - would be unfair. 2 years ago we had 2 All Stars, tough to compare these young guys to CP and DWest. Lots of potential though - mentions Davis as most decorated player with Gold Medal. Players want the pressure though, but they have to crawl before they walk.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 08-22-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Recap:

-Coach Payton and Drew are huge in the community. Much respect for them. Glad that Mickey and Benson have a lot of confidence in him, allows him to look ahead with precision.

-How the game has changed since he played: Some changes are good and some are bad. Young guys rely on parents/agents/friends more than organization nowadays. Inspired by our guys because they believe in the system. Game isn't nearly as physical, but it's much faster because guys are more athletic now. Our guys are young, need to learn how to play, but we will get better.

-Establishing a team: Veterans like Gordon, Anderson, Lopez, etc... mixed with even younger guys. Process began a few days ago in a "preseason camp" with guys like Gordon, Anderson, Vasquez, Aminu, etc... That process continues through camp.

-Davis in Olympics: Helps for sure, being around Coach K and other coaches and the great players he played with. Players will have to contend with him for the next 15 years.

-4th Quarter Adversity (closer): Gordon helps a lot in that regard - can close games. Monty, himself, needs to make better decisions - better plays called at end of game. Doesn't believe everything is on the players. Grooming Rivers, Davis, and Anderson to help out with that - mentioned Vasquez too.

-Core of players: Doesn't want to pressure the guys because they are so young - would be unfair. 2 years ago we had 2 All Stars, tough to compare these young guys to CP and DWest. Lots of potential though - mentions Davis as most decorated player with Gold Medal. Players want the pressure though, but they have to crawl before they walk.
    Good recap, thanks. Can't express how excited I am to see Monty work with this young team. The next 4 years will be very interesting and exciting.

Thanks nolaslim

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    LINK

Sooo...The audio sound-bite won't play.. But don't fret!

Luckily WWL's audio player comes fully equipped with a very handy feature that apparently utilizes robots to recognize and transcribe the conversation into text for your reading pleasure.

There is one problem, however... - robots are wholly incappable of deciphering Bobby and Deke speak

Observe.

0:00:04 Orleans Hornets in doubt has got a new multi year deal money Williams to the radio hook. Coach Williams congratulations and thank you so much for Jonas we appreciate. Oh. Coach sell when you get this and extensive what does that

0:01:38 Coach Williams I know that we talk and info ball we ask about the you know what he's changed its gas have played him

0:04:21 With opponents Kota money Williams Cotto is getting a multi year contract extension with the Hornets it was announced at the front of the week. Coach Williams now the Olympics are done and everybody talked about that would have great are rowdy was for the dream team and got

0:06:59 Coach Williams would they'd say you talk about that they work of progress in this group how do you like the Cole play as

0:08:12 Hornets coach Monty Williams Coach Williams once again congratulations. Thank you so much for the time. Okay Hornets coach mine and we in Zimbabwe and it's not that we all. Have come to respect Coach Williams is because he's he's going to.

0:09:15 don't I don't wanna put in the context that that's what money Williams's saying that's how mine Weems field. Right now and oh yeah is a different.

Anyways; did any of you guys listen in live?
    The **** have you been smoking?

I detest that notion, sir. I don't smoke drugs. I do eat peanut butter and crack sandwiches daily though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lhh2igrOtj1qcfba3o1_500.gif 
Views:	81 
Size:	475.2 KB 
ID:	4244
    Last edited by Mr. Mojo; 08-22-2012 at 12:29 PM.

the OP sounded like Deke did a lot of the talking.

Thread Information