Pelicans Report

Thread: Monty Williams extension Video--No Mention of Dell

Monty Williams extension Video--No Mention of Dell

If you haven't seen Monty's interview/press conference after he got his extension please do so.

I'm a huge Monty fan and I hope he is here for a really long time.

I found it very strange that during this clip he mention and thanked Mickey and the Bensons, but no mention of Dell. Could this be a sign that Dell is out of the picture and the Mickey is totally in charge of basketball ops.

I'm not trying to make an issue here, but I think it is worth discussion.

link??
    WE THE BEST

wow im dumb i just found it never mind!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I really don't want to believe that someone could be as good at his job as Dell and not get rewarded for it. In Demps we trust, Benson.
    @DanielVeuleman

I hate Mickey, stick to football man, let Demps do his thing
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    I hate Mickey, stick to football man, let Demps do his thing
    Easy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    Easy now.
    Nope, im no Saints fan, i like(d) them but I lost a lot of respect for them as a franchise. You guys should be happy we let Hawthorne go to you and when he got hurt, we gave you guys Ruud

Nope, im no Saints fan, i like(d) them but I lost a lot of respect for them as a franchise. You guys should be happy we let Hawthorne go to you and when he got hurt, we gave you guys Ruud
    This is another topic for another forum. I just hope when you say you lost respect for the Saints as a franchise, your not referring to the bounty situation.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

You didn't "give," we took. Your franchise has a little mess going on right now with overpaying a QB and not starting him so watch it.

If negotiations are ongoing with Demps they might have told Monty not to mention Dell. Public pressure = leverage for Demps. What we haven't heard is somewhat concerning, but what we have heard is positive enough that I'm only slightly worried.

if we're talking about the video on the website, it was only a minute and a half. little overreaction if so

If Benson knows what's best, he needs to lock Demps up now. I just dont think Loomis knows that much about the basketball side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    You didn't "give," we took. Your franchise has a little mess going on right now with overpaying a QB and not starting him so watch it.
    boooooom.. i like flynn though

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    if we're talking about the video on the website, it was only a minute and a half. little overreaction if so
    Agreed. Does anyone have a link to the full video?

Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis, who also oversees the Hornets’ basketball operations, said getting Williams’ contract situation finalized was a high priority.

“He knows and we know that he’s here for the long term as we develop a young team into a championship contender,” Loomis said. “I’ve been very impressed with Monty since we purchased the team.

“I’ve also been impressed with Dell and the job he’s done and the staff in the basketball operations.”

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...h_mont_65.html
    These are the words of Mickey Loomis when the extension was first announced.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Well, Demps is in a bit of an awkward situation. Isn't it usually the GM who hires, fires, and gives extensions to coaches? Williams was hired by Bower and now extended by Mickey Loomis apparently. Even if he is extended at this point he's basically relegated to being Head of Player Personnel in terms of actual power. Perhaps he has an issue with that? Just speculation.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Mickey might be the head of Basketball Operations but Demps is still the one responsible for putting the roster together. That's the General Manager's primary responsibility to the team is it not?

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Mickey might be the head of Basketball Operations but Demps is still the one responsible for putting the roster together. That's the General Manager's primary responsibility to the team is it not?
    Defining titles in the NBA can be a fruitless endeavor. On some teams the General Manager is just a bean counter, on others he is in charge of personnel, sometimes it's the President, etc. etc. My point is -- and again, this is just playing Devil's advocate and throwing out possibilities -- that Demps might not be thrilled about the pecking order. It's probably all just moot and he'll get an extension within the next week or so.

IMHO, Loomis' involvement with the Hornets probably has everything to do with ensuring he receives compensation during his NFL suspension and has no reflection on Dell whatsoever. Tom Benson knows when he has capable, talented people and he usually lets them do their job. Dell will be no exception.

Here's how this may play out: a couple of weeks after Loomis' suspension ends, Dell gets an extension and is placed 100% in charge of basketball ops. Loomis is reassigned strictly to running the Saints "in order for him to focus on guiding the Saints to the Super Bowl" (which we will win, btw).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    If you haven't seen Monty's interview/press conference after he got his extension please do so.

I found it very strange that during this clip he mention and thanked Mickey and the Bensons, but no mention of Dell. Could this be a sign that Dell is out of the picture and the Mickey is totally in charge of basketball ops.

I'm not trying to make an issue here, but I think it is worth discussion.
    listen again, because if this is the same press conference nola.com has up, he mentions Dell after Tom Benson and his family and Loomis.

Thread Information