Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 12012 ESPN summer Forecast : Western Conference (OUCH)

12012 ESPN summer Forecast : Western Conference (OUCH)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...west-standings

New Orleans Hornets 31 51 .383 21 45 .318

Join the discussion »

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Both years he's been here Monty has had his team playing hard team defense from the start. I don't expect this season to be any different and there is more offensive fire power now. Everything would still have to break perfectly to make the playoffs but I don't see why they wouldn't be in the chase and be an upper 30 lower 40 win team.

good, give us that 7 footer from baylor next year and lets get the ball rollin!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I don't take much issue with it. I think we'll finish ahead of the Rockets, but otherwise that's about right. Upper 30's. And if Gordon misses any time, lower 30's possible.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Let them underestimate us.

We makin' the playoffs, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Let them underestimate us.

We makin' the playoffs, baby!
    this. God Bless Eman Filet Knife......
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Come on, 13????

If the team can stay healthy, I think .500 is approachable. There's not much depth right now, so the starters have to stay healthy. Also, the SF position may be the worst in the league unless the young guys step up.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    What is that, a 10 win improvement with 16 additional games? I'd say that's realistic, but yea if the starting 5 stays healthy I could see a higher win percentage.

Ehhh I think we'll finish ahead of Houston and Portland, but otherwise it's hard to disagree too much. We may surprise everyone by coming close to the playoffs, but it's still a rebuilding year.

I think we'll be better than Houston and Phoenix for sure and probably Sacramento.

Be on par with Portland and probably Golden State and Minny if healthy. Minny is gonna miss Rubio at ton. They still haven't addressed their sorry situation on the wings.

Golden State is a popular choice, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not convinced they're that much better.

I think we have a legit shot at 9th.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I think we'll be better than this.. but if we're not, then that's okay. Just means we'll get a great talent to fill in the SF spot.

And if we're better than this, then that's okay too. Just means we exceeded expectations and the future is indeed bright.

It'll be a fun season regardless of our record.

IMO, it's better for the longterm future of the organization if they can get another high draft pick to put next to Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post

definitely. I am so excited for the season to get here. I can't wait for the first AD slam dunk.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I think the main reason it's gunna fun is due to the fact that we have NO IDEA of what this new team will look like on the court playing together. So antsy to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I think we'll be better than this.. but if we're not, then that's okay. Just means we'll get a great talent to fill in the SF spot.

And if we're better than this, then that's okay too. Just means we exceeded expectations and the future is indeed bright.

These are my sentiments exactly. If we fare well and slip into the playoffs, how can you complain? If we don't do so hot, we catch the injury bug again this season, and we fall quite far below .500, then we get a great lotto pick. Either way, the team develops together and makes for a great future.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

I think Al-Farouq has a chance at MIP if he has been working hard. DONT UNDERESTIMATE

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    I think Al-Farouq has a chance at MIP if he has been working hard. DONT UNDERESTIMATE
    Watching him in the Olympics, he won't be anywhere close to MIP. He can't hit the side of a barn on his jumper and that's the easiest skill to improve.

We will see a major improvement from him. Monty has him working hard.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    We will see a major improvement from him. Monty has him working hard.
    When will it show? Monty can only do so much. I want him to succeed because he's a quality guy and has potential to be an elite defender.

Well i dont think if will happen right away, my guess is the middle of the season he will really break out.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's so bizarre, his shot. He still shoots FTs well. I've always thought he looked more comfortable in the post. Always wondered what kinda player he'd be if he bulked up and became more of a PF.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    These forecasters are much like us.....not much to do right now except to kill time and speculate our butts off.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I'm going with 41-41 but I would think 35 would be a bare minimum.

http://i.imgur.com/kfPCS.png

So we have the toughest schedule according to this summer forecast.

Thread Information