Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Xavier Henry at SF

I don't know how this got so off topic, but back to X. I said I have lost faith in him because I've seen no improvement. He's not a good shooter. When I watch him play he always looks like he doesn't know if he should shoot or not. He was drafted as a SG who potentially could play SF. Well he ended up as a SG who can't shoot. His only option now is SF. Personally, I think Aminu has more upside and is more productive than Henry, so I've put all my eggs in the Aminu basket. I hope X proves me wrong, but I'm not expecting much from him.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    I don't know how this got so off topic, but back to X. I said I have lost faith in him because I've seen no improvement. He's not a good shooter. When I watch him play he always looks like he doesn't know if he should shoot or not. He was drafted as a SG who potentially could play SF. Well he ended up as a SG who can't shoot. His only option now is SF. Personally, I think Aminu has more upside and is more productive than Henry, so I've put all my eggs in the Aminu basket. I hope X proves me wrong, but I'm not expecting much from him.
    I pretty much agree with exactly what you said here.
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I think the dude is stuck between positions and an indentity to stick too. If he was a little taller he would be a good sf if he was more of a pure shooter he would be a sg. Just akward to see him play IMO, just dosen't fit in on the floor sometimes. And speaking of a player that can play more than one position, our team is filled with them. I think that's a big part of Monty's plan to have players that are versatile. The league is going in that direction already but I see Monty really sticking to that right now.
    Last edited by wuggie; 08-21-2012 at 08:39 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

“I saw Robin and X (Henry) yesterday and they look like they were doing well,” Hornets Coach Monty Williams said. “These guys are progressing well and I don’t foresee these injuries or surgeries keeping them out of any regular season work.”

I think that there are some things we don't see !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

I honestly think X is going to get more run than some people on this board are predicting. I don't think Warrick, Thomas or Miller will get any PT at all unless it's a blowout.

This only opens up the SF minutes to Aminu and X to see if they are the pieces we need for the future. If we realize early that we are truly out of contention for the 7th seed early, then don't expect to see a lot of Rivers, X, Aminu, Davis, Lopez... Anderson is already proven and will get a lot of his minutes at the 4. We need to see which one of these guys we will bring back. Also, don't be surprised if somehow Rivers steps up tremendously at PG, then Vasquez can become expendable and then we just roll with the multiple position players as mentioned above. Everyone on this team besides Lopez and probably Thomas can play more than one position and play it well. Gordon can run the point if need be for a few minutes a game.

Xavier Henry getting right!! http://instagr.am/p/Ore5KrJAy-/
    What the heck is going on?
    Last edited by HornetsFan1; 08-24-2012 at 05:19 PM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    The heck is that picture?!?

Thats a Grevis Vasquez tweet of Xavier. I have NO clue what they are doing though!

He is rehabbing his knee from the surgery he got about a month or so ago.

Thread Information