.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60

Thread: Xavier Henry at SF

  1. #26
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    First part, you have to watch Xavier play. Stop looking at the box score. What does he do well? Do you even know? Or do you just know he shoots around 40% from the field? (Just so you know, that was rhetorical, and I'm not calling you out or anything)

    The fact of the matter is that Henry can get to the rim with ease, and he can hit the open 3. He can play defense, and he is a very good rebounder for his size (likely because he is so strong and smart on the floor). If you watch him on the court, you can tell that he has a very good basketball I.Q. as well. There is a lot to like about him.
    Uhhh yes I watch every single hornets game I don't just look at the box scores, I am just realistic and not biased. What does he do well? Do i even know? yes, he can handle the ball and get to the rim. That is about it. Do you know what he can't do? Do you even know? He can't finish at the rim once he gets there, he CANT shoot the 3 or any jump shot for that matter, and he is embarrassing from the free throw line.

    There aren't many positives what? He is young? OK He is a decent rebounder for his size? I'll give you that. There isn't really any potential and the fact he missed a lot of time his first 2 seasons make people worry. I wish this guy would do well, the SF job has always been wide open, I wish someone would just go and take it from Aminu, but I haven't seen any improvement from him at all. Even from his rookie year. This is the year he has to show us something or the project X is done. I hope he kills it.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  2. #27
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731
    Xavier is young, has some talent, and upside, but he hasn't been good at all so far. Alot of it may be confidence, but he has to perform better if he's gonna last in this league. This preseason will be important. If he doesn't perform better, he won't get the one year extension and could be out of the league if he has another subpar performance.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  3. #28
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,936
    Problem lies with that he would have to pick his option up before a game will be played. Right now, and I'm sure in the future, picking up that 3 million dollar option wouldn't be smart.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  4. #29
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Problem lies with that he would have to pick his option up before a game will be played. Right now, and I'm sure in the future, picking up that 3 million dollar option wouldn't be smart.
    I agree. Only way the team will pick up his option is if he has a strong per-season. If summer league was an indication, I don't think it will happen.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Does Blake's count?
    Isn't everybody saying that Blake is the same player that he was in college? That he hasn't added anything to his game yet? That he just coasts on athleticism, and if he had any resemblance of a post-game, that he would be one of the best PFs in the league?

    Did I prove my point yet? Missing time early in a player's career stunts his growth. You go ahead and ask any NBA GM or scout, and they will tell you the same thing. It isn't rocket science. Can this ground be made up? Of course it can! But it takes time...

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Uhhh yes I watch every single hornets game I don't just look at the box scores, I am just realistic and not biased. What does he do well? Do i even know? yes, he can handle the ball and get to the rim. That is about it. Do you know what he can't do? Do you even know? He can't finish at the rim once he gets there, he CANT shoot the 3 or any jump shot for that matter, and he is embarrassing from the free throw line.

    There aren't many positives what? He is young? OK He is a decent rebounder for his size? I'll give you that. There isn't really any potential and the fact he missed a lot of time his first 2 seasons make people worry. I wish this guy would do well, the SF job has always been wide open, I wish someone would just go and take it from Aminu, but I haven't seen any improvement from him at all. Even from his rookie year. This is the year he has to show us something or the project X is done. I hope he kills it.
    Lol, you are getting so upset over the issue. Chill out man, we're just talking here.

    Henry can't shoot the 3 right? Well, he shot 67% during the summer league, and 41% last year. He can't shoot FTs, right? Well, he shot 78% during summer league. Are players not allowed to improve? Or do you just ignore such improvement?

    And sure, Henry has trouble finishing at the rim, but at least he can get there - which is more than half the battle anyway. He is strong enough to absorb contact and finish through it - which is another big part of the battle. He needs to work on his finishing ability, sure, but that is part of him being a young player. Let him develop... It's not like he is costing us an arm and a leg to keep around.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Xavier is young, has some talent, and upside, but he hasn't been good at all so far. Alot of it may be confidence, but he has to perform better if he's gonna last in this league. This preseason will be important. If he doesn't perform better, he won't get the one year extension and could be out of the league if he has another subpar performance.
    I'd agree with this.

  8. #33
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Lol, you are getting so upset over the issue. Chill out man, we're just talking here.

    Henry can't shoot the 3 right? Well, he shot 67% during the summer league, and 41% last year. He can't shoot FTs, right? Well, he shot 78% during summer league. Are players not allowed to improve? Or do you just ignore such improvement?

    And sure, Henry has trouble finishing at the rim, but at least he can get there - which is more than half the battle anyway. He is strong enough to absorb contact and finish through it - which is another big part of the battle. He needs to work on his finishing ability, sure, but that is part of him being a young player. Let him develop... It's not like he is costing us an arm and a leg to keep around.
    How am I getting upset, because I stated facts that are the opposite of your belief? I think you are the one that needs to chill out and stop getting so attached to players. And not get upset at every person who doesn't believe what you say.

    I could give two ***** about what a player (who is supposed to be an all star talent in SL) does in summer league against a bunch of rookies and scrubs. If he doesn't do it in games that actually count who really cares? yeah 68% isnt misleading at all, he attempted 3 all SL, great sample size to choose from. What you failed to mention was that he shot 39% from the field, once again not hitting jump shots or finishing at the rim. So tell me where the improvement is? Or do you just ignore average players that have yet to show any kind of improvement? Take the biased hornets glasses off, and realize this dude is gone if he shows us nothing more anytime soon. You mad? Upset? LOL I have said many times on here that I wish and hope this dude would just explode and become the caliber player everyone thinks he would be.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-21-2012 at 01:24 PM.

  9. #34
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Problem lies with that he would have to pick his option up before a game will be played. Right now, and I'm sure in the future, picking up that 3 million dollar option wouldn't be smart.
    Not picking up his option isn't necessarily the end though. The Hornets didn't pick up Smith's option either and then signed him to a 3 year deal. I would expect the same to happen with Henry. There probably won't be much demand for him so if he shows enough to warrant keeping around Demps should be able to get a favorable deal.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    How am I getting upset, because I stated facts that are the opposite of your belief? I think you are the one that needs to chill out and stop getting so attached to players. And not get upset at every person who doesn't believe what you say.

    I could give two ***** about what a player (who is supposed to be an all star talent in SL) does in summer league against a bunch of rookies and scrubs. If he doesn't do it in games that actually count who really cares? yeah 68% isnt misleading at all, he attempted 3 all SL, great sample size to choose from. What you failed to mention was that he shot 39% from the field, once again not hitting jump shots or finishing at the rim. So tell me where the improvement is? Or do you just ignore average players that have yet to show any kind of improvement? Take the biased hornets glasses off, and realize this dude is gone if he shows us nothing more anytime soon. You mad? Upset? LOL I have said many times on here that I wish and hope this dude would just explode and become the caliber player everyone thinks he would be.
    Typing style? The fact that you are getting upset again indicates that you were upset earlier too? Your posts are riddled with anger, so Idk... I don't get mad at people when they disagree with me. That appears to be what you are doing. When I realize I'm wrong, I'll just shut up.

    Another thing, the only reason I pull up his "3-point stats" is because you (and several others) keep saying he can't shoot the 3. I don't get where this is coming from, considering he was a great shooter in college and shot the ball well last year and in summer league. Don't throw out that groundless BS, and I won't have to respond with the numbers.

    Again, I don't understand why you are getting so upset. I don't think anyone in this thread has said anything worthy of your attitude.

  11. #36
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Typing style? The fact that you are getting upset again indicates that you were upset earlier too? Your posts are riddled with anger, so Idk... I don't get mad at people when they disagree with me. That appears to be what you are doing. When I realize I'm wrong, I'll just shut up.

    Another thing, the only reason I pull up his "3-point stats" is because you (and several others) keep saying he can't shoot the 3. I don't get where this is coming from, considering he was a great shooter in college and shot the ball well last year and in summer league. Don't throw out that groundless BS, and I won't have to respond with the numbers.

    Again, I don't understand why you are getting so upset. I don't think anyone in this thread has said anything worthy of your attitude.
    I never had a problem with you before, but are just ridiculous now. My typing style, you can sense my anger through words? What are you a psychic? Honestly, I have seen over and over again you talk to people like this and im just tired of it. The average nba talent Xavier Henry is nothing to get upset over and i frankly couldn't give a damn.

    Please quote me on where I initiated the concept of where he cant shoot 3 pointers. I simply responded to your comment of "He can shoot the 3", so we can put an end to that nonsense. I have not gotten an "attitude" with anyone in this thread but you, and it is only because im tired of the way you talk to people when someone disagrees with you. There are many posts of mine that can be looked up where I will admit when I am wrong and move on, and I have gotten in many arguments with people on here and never had a problem with them personally, but how dare anyone go against what the almighty slim thinks.

    I think you need to calm down and not get so upset when someone disagrees with you on player development.

    The bottom line is, the argument was civil and healthy until you said this:

    "First part, you have to watch Xavier play. Stop looking at the box score. What does he do well? Do you even know? Or do you just know he shoots around 40% from the field? (Just so you know, that was rhetorical, and I'm not calling you out or anything)"
    Just so you know putting "that was rhetorical, and I'm not calling you out or anything" doesn't make it better and has almost the same effect as calling someone out.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-21-2012 at 02:00 PM.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I never had a problem with you before, but are just ridiculous now. My typing style, you can sense my anger through words? What are you a psychic? Honestly, I have seen over and over again you talk to people like this and im just tired of it. The average nba talent Xavier Henry is nothing to get upset over and i frankly couldn't give a damn.
    You are being quite vague with your assertion that you have seen me "over and over again" talk to people "like this," and I don't appreciate it. I give it back to people when they give it to me first, but I don't pick fights. There is nothing wrong with that. You are mad because I responded to you in the first place? Why in the hell are you on a message board then?

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Please quote me on where I initiated the concept of where he cant shoot 3 pointers. I simply responded to your comment of "He can shoot the 3", so we can put an end to that nonsense. I have not gotten an "attitude" with anyone in this thread but you, and it is only because im tired of the way you talk to people when someone disagrees with you. There are many posts of mine that can be looked up where I will admit when I am wrong and move on, and I have gotten in many arguments with people on here and never had a problem with them personally, but how dare anyone go against what the almighty slim thinks.
    No prob

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Uhhh yes I watch every single hornets game I don't just look at the box scores, I am just realistic and not biased. What does he do well? Do i even know? yes, he can handle the ball and get to the rim. That is about it. Do you know what he can't do? Do you even know? He can't finish at the rim once he gets there, he CANT shoot the 3 or any jump shot for that matter, and he is embarrassing from the free throw line.

    There aren't many positives what? He is young? OK He is a decent rebounder for his size? I'll give you that. There isn't really any potential and the fact he missed a lot of time his first 2 seasons make people worry. I wish this guy would do well, the SF job has always been wide open, I wish someone would just go and take it from Aminu, but I haven't seen any improvement from him at all. Even from his rookie year. This is the year he has to show us something or the project X is done. I hope he kills it.
    Also, you are completely mischaracterizing my persona. Sure, I get in fights with people on occasion on here - a lot of people do. I don't carry it into other threads though. And if I'm wrong in a fight, I almost always PM the guy later to apologize when I've calmed down and realized I was wrong. You are the one who started getting all riled up over there. It doesn't matter anymore, because we are off-topic, so this will be my last post on this matter.


    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I think you need to calm down and not get so upset when someone disagrees with you on player development.

    The bottom line is, the argument was civil and healthy until you said this:



    Just so you know putting "that was rhetorical, and I'm not calling you out or anything" doesn't make it better and has almost the same effect as calling someone out.
    Sometimes... when people say they aren't calling you out... they really mean it. I've said "you (and others)" in several of my posts, so I don't know how to bang the message home any clearer. Again, this is you being emotional/paranoid that I'm trying to fight with you, and that's just not the case (as I've mentioned... several times). It seems like you may be having a bad day or something, but there is no need to get into a fight with me because of it. Again, this is my last post on the matter because it is incredibly off-topic. You can PM me if you want to discuss it further, and I welcome it - especially since I've never had a problem with you either (as you stated above), and this whole argument is completely out of the blue.

  13. #38
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    If you cant see how everything was perfectly fine until this :"First part, you have to watch Xavier play. Stop looking at the box score. What does he do well? Do you even know? Or do you just know he shoots around 40% from the field? (Just so you know, that was rhetorical, and I'm not calling you out or anything)" then you really don't understand how to hold a civil conversation with people at all.

    Also your argument for me being the one getting riled up and having a bad day is very weak. I have had over a dozen other posts today engaging in normal conversations and joking. It's not that you just get into fights with people, it is the way you talk to them. If you wouldn't have said the above quote we would still be here throwing stats back and forth at each other. Understand that or let it go.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Isn't everybody saying that Blake is the same player that he was in college? That he hasn't added anything to his game yet? That he just coasts on athleticism, and if he had any resemblance of a post-game, that he would be one of the best PFs in the league?

    Did I prove my point yet? Missing time early in a player's career stunts his growth. You go ahead and ask any NBA GM or scout, and they will tell you the same thing. It isn't rocket science. Can this ground be made up? Of course it can! But it takes time...
    Haha, if you are scoring 22.5 and getting 12.1 rebounds a game as a rookie, I don't think you should be compared to Xavier, or about 99% of the rookies actually. You are in the top 5% of players in the NBA.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    If you cant see how everything was perfectly fine until this :"First part, you have to watch Xavier play. Stop looking at the box score. What does he do well? Do you even know? Or do you just know he shoots around 40% from the field? (Just so you know, that was rhetorical, and I'm not calling you out or anything)" then you really don't understand how to hold a civil conversation with people at all.

    Also your argument for me being the one getting riled up and having a bad day is very weak. I have had over a dozen other posts today engaging in normal conversations and joking. It's not that you just get into fights with people, it is the way you talk to them. If you wouldn't have said the above quote we would still be here throwing stats back and forth at each other. Understand that or let it go.
    Since this is more on topic, I'll address it really quickly.

    I think you misunderstood where I was going with this. I was in no way trying to belittle, degrade, or embarrass you when I said "you have to watch Xavier play." I said that because most people who comment on Xavier bring up the fact that he isn't "producing" like they would like him to, but that is only true if you look at raw statistics. I tried to highlight that I wasn't talking straight to you by saying, "Just so you know, that was rhetorical, and I'm not calling you out or anything." I'm being dead serious when I'm telling you that I wasn't calling you out, and I really don't know what else to say if you can't accept that. The comment was pointed toward the many people who just say "Xavier sucks, we need to cut him." Xavier does a lot of little things that people won't recognize unless they closely watch him play the game - Monty even acknowledged that he does a lot of the "little things."

    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Haha, if you are scoring 22.5 and getting 12.1 rebounds a game as a rookie, I don't think you should be compared to Xavier, or about 99% of the rookies actually. You are in the top 5% of players in the NBA.
    I wasn't comparing Griffin and Henry. Griffin was the #1 overall pick. Henry was a late-lotto guy. Big difference in terms of expectations.

    The point I was trying to illustrate is that Griffin hasn't improved at all since coming into the league. I attribute a good bit of that due to the fact that he lost out on an entire year of early development - practice, games, individual drills, etc... He couldn't do any of that because of his injury, and it's just funny to me that he doesn't even have a post game or a mid-range jumper yet. He has to play catch-up because of the thousands and thousands of reps that he lost his 1st year in the league (the first 3 years are usually the biggest "development" years). That was my point.

  16. #41
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,506
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Typing style? The fact that you are getting upset again indicates that you were upset earlier too? Your posts are riddled with anger, so Idk... I don't get mad at people when they disagree with me. That appears to be what you are doing. When I realize I'm wrong, I'll just shut up.

    Another thing, the only reason I pull up his "3-point stats" is because you (and several others) keep saying he can't shoot the 3. I don't get where this is coming from, considering he was a great shooter in college and shot the ball well last year and in summer league. Don't throw out that groundless BS, and I won't have to respond with the numbers.

    Again, I don't understand why you are getting so upset. I don't think anyone in this thread has said anything worthy of your attitude.
    Been around long enough to say bull **** to this
    @DanielVeuleman

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Been around long enough to say bull **** to this
    Really? Because I could have sworn that when we got into an argument about a year or so ago, I PM'd you minutes later apologizing, and you told me to **** off and that you never wanted to talk to me again and that I was going on your ignore list. Then, a few day later, you accepted my apology, and we never had another problem.

  18. #43
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    16
    Ok I'm really sorry, but this is probably the most entertaining post I've read since Summer League.

  19. #44
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,506
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Really? Because I could have sworn that when we got into an argument about a year or so ago, I PM'd you minutes later apologizing, and you told me to **** off and that you never wanted to talk to me again and that I was going on your ignore list. Then, a few day later, you accepted my apology, and we never had another problem.
    Really? Hombre, theres a laugh symbol at the end. It was a joke. Step away from the edge.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 08-21-2012 at 06:11 PM.

  20. #45
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Really? Because I could have sworn that when we got into an argument about a year or so ago, I PM'd you minutes later apologizing, and you told me to **** off and that you never wanted to talk to me again and that I was going on your ignore list. Then, a few day later, you accepted my apology, and we never had another problem.
    You sound upset. Did you have a bad day or something?

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Really? Hombre, theres a laugh symbol at the end. It was a joke. Step away from the edge.
    Here's the problem, though. You can't call someone out, and then say "haha, jk man." It doesn't work like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    You sound upset. Did you have a bad day or something?
    Well, I've tried to be cordial with you. It's obvious you aren't of the maturity level to settle this like an adult, so we'll just end it here.

  22. #47
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Here's the problem, though. You can't call someone out, and then say "haha, jk man." It doesn't work like that.
    LOL just like you can't call someone out and say in parenthesis, im not really calling you out, this should make it OK.


    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Well, I've tried to be cordial with you. It's obvious you aren't of the maturity level to settle this like an adult, so we'll just end it here.
    I find this laughable because this is the exact same thing you said to me. all i did was show you how it feels. so i guess that puts you at the same maturity level? how ironic.

  23. #48
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,506
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Here's the problem, though. You can't call someone out, and then say "haha, jk man." It doesn't work like that.
    You poor victim. I hope my joke didn't scar you.

    I completely meant it as a joke and I apologize if you took it too seriously.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    You poor victim. I hope my joke didn't scar you.

    I completely meant it as a joke and I apologize if you took it too seriously.
    Your PM box is full.

  25. #50
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,506
    Its empty now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •