Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's holding off on new merchandise until rebrand??

Who's holding off on new merchandise until rebrand??

I am dying to buy some new gear and maybe even a Davis jersey. However, I can't pull the plug knowing a rebrand is coming. Anyone else the same way??

I'm still waiting till a player I love has a Mardi Gras jersey. That will be my first jersey buy ever.

I will probably get a Hornets Davis jersey, if only because in 20 years it'll be a really awesome retro jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by JBconway View Post
    I can't pull the plug knowing a rebrand is coming.
    Amen. I wish that we actually knew a specific timeline

Yea i might get a Rivers or Davis mardi gras jersey

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Buy stuff now, its retro later. No harm to it.
    @DanielVeuleman

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Buy stuff now, its retro later. No harm to it.
    Exactly.. plus I can't show up at the arena with a CP3 jersey..... yyyeahhhh....
    Last edited by shanetrain93; 08-19-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I will probably get a Hornets Davis jersey, if only because in 20 years it'll be a really awesome retro jersey.
    THIS. I was hesitant at first.. but it will be pretty bad ace to have that ancient throwback jersey. I forget who it was who had all the Hornets jerseys in his mancave... but that opened my eyes to getting a jersey this season!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Yeah, I've always liked retro jerseys, so I ordered a Davis one so that it'll be a really nice thing to own when I'm older.

i have a signed cp3 jersey so should i keep it and sell it later or sell it now
    Welcome to be here

^ I say keep it. He was a special player and did great things for this team. Will bring back great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by JBconway View Post
    I am dying to buy some new gear and maybe even a Davis jersey. However, I can't pull the plug knowing a rebrand is coming. Anyone else the same way??
    I think you mean "pull the trigger". (No offense, BTW) but actually I'm doing the opposite. I'm going to miss the Hornets, and it's going to stink when the merch gets even harder to find. I want some new items after the rebrand, but only if we don't screw it up.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I'm waiting for the rebrand......and me and the wife expecting quintuplets backs the not spending thing up just a bit......

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I'm waiting for the rebrand......and me and the wife expecting quintuplets backs the not spending thing up just a bit......
    Quintuplets?! Wow! Big ups!

Well when the re-brand does occur im sure hornets gear will be extremely sort after down the track. I was lucky enough for a friend to pick up an authentic Anthony Davis jersey from the nba store in New York recently. Going to cherish that jersey til the day I die. Can never have enough jersey's personally and with the re-brand it only increases their value. I still remember buying a Kevin Durant rookie year Seattle jersey just after they were relocated to OKC. Funnily enough they were selling all his jersey's for half price because the team moved. I always thought that was a bit stupid because im sure some time in the future that jersey will be worth a bit of cash.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm still thinking about getting a Dais jersey, after the re-brand there will be probably only 1 year of Davis' career where he was a 'hornet'. So it would kind of be a throwback jersey or something. Representing Davis' rookie year. For anyone else, I'm waiting.

I'll prolly buy one jersey (AD).. maybe 2 (Rivers) this year but yeah once the rebrand is done I'll load up on the new stuff.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I can see buying it because it'll be cool later, but I won't be. I'm too excited for the rebrand stuff. Gonna go crazy on Pelican gear.
    Wherehappens.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I can see buying it because it'll be cool later, but I won't be. I'm too excited for the rebrand stuff. Gonna go crazy on Pelican gear.
    puke

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    I'll wait until the Davis jerseys go on clearance. If they don't, or they sell out of him before the start offloading stuff, then oh well.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    I'm definitely planning on getting a Davis mardi gras jersey... just in case those aren't brought back somehow under the new scheme. But yea, I'm holding off from other merch until the rebrand too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    puke
    This.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Gotta say I walked through the black and gold shop on Friday and they have zero new merch on the shelves. I asked the clerk and she said it was odd. Did someone tip them off? Is it happening soon!?

As someone who works in IT, I will be waiting for the new stuff. I like new things...

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Ill probably buy a jersey or two after the rebrand, if the stuff is cheap enough. They should be on sale.

Thread Information