Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Davis vs. Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Fair points. I guess what I was also thinking but didn't state was I expect Rivers' fg% to be crazy low his first few years in the league. That made me think of volume scorers at the point, and that made me think of Jennings.
    I can agree with that. Rivers is going to be boom or bust, IMO.

Did you guys see the clowns on espn commenting too.....i wanted flip out but i just figured to ignore the uninformed ignorance

I think if Rivers had to go to a team like Toronto where he would have had to be a volume scorer from Day 1, his career would turn out something like Jennings. However, with us, he won't have to be that guy since he is playing next to EJ and Ryno. Also, Monty won't let him be that guy. He'll learn to play great defense, hit his open shots, pick and choose when he runs his own iso-plays, and he'll run the PnR while throwing lobs to Davis. I don't expect him to set the world on fire the first year or two, but I think Monty is the perfect coach to guide him through this transition. I expect very big things from him 3 years from now.

Thread Information