Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pick-Up basketball

Pick-Up basketball

Anyone know some goos spots on the weekend to play some pickup?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Anyone know some goos spots on the weekend to play some pickup?
    St Bernard Center(those guys play hard)
    Elwood Anytime Fitness Gym is the best IMO.
    Tulane is super fun.
    Dillard is pretty good.
    And UNO
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I play at the courts behind Delgado, but I agree that it's better to play indoors at some place like UNO or Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I play at the courts behind Delgado, but I agree that it's better to play indoors at some place like UNO or Tulane.
    The hornets one?

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    St Bernard Center(those guys play hard)
    Elwood Anytime Fitness Gym is the best IMO.
    Tulane is super fun.
    Dillard is pretty good.
    And UNO
    thanks Trell. I'm way out of shape but I used to ball a lot. Let me knwo if anyone wants to get together on the weekends.

thanks Trell. I'm way out of shape but I used to ball a lot. Let me knwo if anyone wants to get together on the weekends.
    Yeah, the Peja Stojakovic one. It's only one half court that's regulation, but it's like two blocks away from my house. I'd be down a soon as y health insurance kicks back in around September 12

I'm young and still out of shape, after playing my whole body be sore. So not good.

Yeah, the Peja Stojakovic one. It's only one half court that's regulation, but it's like two blocks away from my house. I'd be down a soon as y health insurance kicks back in around September 12
    Lol,,,,I never knew of a basketball court behind Delado.

Thanks Trell!!!! Me and my friends always struggle to find gyms in The westbank, kenner, and metarie. We will check out your list. U should play with us sometime. If u don't mind Kenner-metarie people
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

i'll probably do Elmwood anytime fitness next weekend if anyone wants to join.

Welcome. Anytime fitness court is outdoor.

Premeir fitness has an indoor court (on airline by cox building), but it cost money for a membership obviously, and the court is definitely not regulation, but it is nice for sure.

Lakeshore usually has a lot of 17-20 somethings in there. It was a huge hot spot for a while, but it seems its dying down a bit. This is over by the lake/bonnabel area. As for the city, the places mentioned are probably the best. I cant really think of any others. I always favor indoor over outdoor. You'll mess your knees up playing on that concrete. :P

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I wouldn't make it down the court and back before I'm huffing and puffing lmao

I just joined a Metairie league on Wednesday nights, pretty pumped.

I just joined a Metairie league on Wednesday nights, pretty pumped.
    JPRD?

JPRD?
    I'll be honest, I have no idea. My friend asked me to join this week. I think we are playing at crescent city high school or something like that.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Damn, I wish I could play during the week... I can only do Fri-Sun

I'm interested in playing though, if anyone wants to get together. I may suck at shooting, but I can play pretty good man D... ask Balls

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post

I'm interested in playing though, if anyone wants to get together. I may suck at shooting, but I can play pretty good man D... ask Balls
    I'll play on weekends for sure. I'm terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post

Yeah, i remember that time I made you fall down.

I'm down to play on the weekend as well.

I'll be honest, I have no idea. My friend asked me to join this week. I think we are playing at crescent city high school or something like that.
    That's the crecent city league . I think it has a d league and a semi-pro type of league.

That's the crecent city league . I think it has a d league and a semi-pro type of league.
    He assured me we were at the lowest level at competition, which I'm thankful for.

Yeah I play in the c league from crescent city. Its a spin off though at another playground. That guy has like 8 or 9 leagues he runs Im pretty sure. Theres also the JPRD league that starts back up around feb/march.

I believe theres also a league at premier fitness for members/friends of members.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJr17 View Post
    Yeah I play in the c league from crescent city. Its a spin off though at another playground. That guy has like 8 or 9 leagues he runs Im pretty sure. Theres also the JPRD league that starts back up around feb/march.

I believe theres also a league at premier fitness for members/friends of members.
    Do you know where the Crescent City Gym is that they play their games? My friend hasn't told me where yet and the game is tomorrow.

Well im sure you know by now, lmao. Buuuuut. Its off of transcontinental after i-10. Right by what used to be victory fellowship i believe.

Starter
    4-6 of my friends and I play in Mandeville. We're all 35yo and up. Shoot me a PM if anyone lives in Mandeville/Slidell and would like to come out.
    We could use another 2 guys to be come regulars. We play 9am on Sat or Sun depending on everyones schedules.
    It's a outdoor/covered court, but we play half court. Message me for details and questions. Thanks.

Thread Information