Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Monty Williams gets 4 year extension

Eman, that is the Olympic mascot. Davis was holding it while on the bench most games.

Also, fucj yeah! Great news. Love Monty. Here's to hoping he continues to improve himself and the team.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats to Monty on the new deal... well-deserved. There's NO ONE else that I'd like to see coaching these youngins.

And as has been said plenty of times... Dell you're next bruh.

Congratulations!!! WOOOT

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Awesome.

Thank you Jesus!
    And thank you Basedgod!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Thank you God!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Wonder how much it's worth?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Eman, that is the Olympic mascot. Davis was holding it while on the bench most games.

Also, fucj yeah! Great news. Love Monty. Here's to hoping he continues to improve himself and the team.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    The Olympic mascot was a Mooninite?

Is this thing on?
    I saw this on Facebook this morning. A couple of the people who posted comments were actually opposed to this. They must not have been watching this team last season.

Great move! Congrats Monty!

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stickman View Post
    I saw this on Facebook this morning. A couple of the people who posted comments were actually opposed to this. They must not have been watching this team last season.

Great move! Congrats Monty!
    I just read those too. I guess you have to remember that not all fans are junkies to the point where they watch every game in detail to see how well and close these guys played despite the lack of talent or read all the articles that mention how much the current players and even NBA draftees love and speak highly of Monty.

Fans like those probably just keep up with the W-L record, maybe watch a game every once in a while, and harken back to the glory days of CP3 and wonder why the Hornets just randomly got rid of everyone that made them so good. In other words, they just know about what's on the surface. They'll probably still be complaining over the next couple of years because we're still not contending, even though we know how well the team is set up for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    I just read those too. I guess you have to remember that not all fans are junkies to the point where they watch every game in detail to see how well and close these guys played despite the lack of talent or read all the articles that mention how much the current players and even NBA draftees love and speak highly of Monty.

Fans like those probably just keep up with the W-L record, maybe watch a game every once in a while, and harken back to the glory days of CP3 and wonder why the Hornets just randomly got rid of everyone that made them so good. In other words, they just know about what's on the surface. They'll probably still be complaining over the next couple of years because we're still not contending, even though we know how well the team is set up for the future.
    I was tempted to post "If you aren't happy about this extension you don't understand basketball," but it's not worth it.

I'm pretty happy. Benson has given NFL coaches enough time to hang themselves, which Monty has not really done (or Sean).

The deal goes for 2y beyond when the initial deal ended, options included. We also don't really know if the last year of this one is an option, for instance.

It will come up when Davis is scheduled to his RFA, and Benson will sit a coach and hire another, so it fits with our timeline.

I like the move.

I'm a little surprised we didn't get this a little more into season or camp, but it looks like these guys are REALLY trying to tidy up affairs in short order and give this message of "Stable" to the world.

It'll take a while to sink into the heads of some, but it just may work.

Good job.

Dem pieces for dat championship run

Next up DEMPS !

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I was tempted to post "If you aren't happy about this extension you don't understand basketball," but it's not worth it.
    I thought about it too. But yeah, waste of energy.

I am really happy about this extension! Monty is a beast
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

If anyone deserves it it's Monty. Now lets hope the dealer gets his next.

This off-season just keep getting better, now sign Dell to an extension and let the season begin.

Dell has to be next, get it done Benson. BEE DAT!!!!!!!!!

In a quasi-related note, anyone caught the new commercials? Just saw a few times on ESPN. Looks legit. Hope we still got the I'm In thing though. Was hoping we'd see all our new players say it too.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    In a quasi-related note, anyone caught the new commercials? Just saw a few times on ESPN. Looks legit. Hope we still got the I'm In thing though. Was hoping we'd see all our new players say it too.
    Link?

I'll post one as soon as I find one.

Looks like there is a press conference right now discussing his extension.. no video feed

Here it is:

Thread Information