Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ESPN First Take Trade Deadline Edition

I will be making a splash on the trading block, so watch out.
    Oh yeah, GREAT article!!! I loved it, you guys should do this every week!!
    Last edited by coltsguy510; 08-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Wait the deadline has passed? Dang. Also to hornets78 I said could I get wallace with shareef and you offered me cassell instead. You traded Wallace for the same value as you offered me for shareef, also if the deadline isn't over, cwilder Pm me. You know, unless you want me to upset you in the playoffs

The deadlines not over until the next sim.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Wait the deadline has passed? Dang. Also to hornets78 I said could I get wallace with shareef and you offered me cassell instead. You traded Wallace for the same value as you offered me for shareef, also if the deadline isn't over, cwilder Pm me. You know, unless you want me to upset you in the playoffs
    You're good, hasn't passed yet
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    We worked with what we had. It clearly hasn't passed. Thanks for the kind words as always.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I thought the Mobley trade was fair but this was pretty awesome. I'm gonna guest as Shaq one day.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I may guest as GM Tom Wugaknowski one day. Or even better John Amaechi. He'll announce something earlier than expected and bring the Blazers an uprecedented amount of media coverage.
    Last edited by wuggie; 08-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    I thought the Mobley trade was fair but this was pretty awesome. I'm gonna guest as Shaq one day.
    We need to prepare some AIM convos about lattes then!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    We worked with what we had. It clearly hasn't passed. Thanks for the kind words as always.
    If that was sarcastic:
    Yea, I read the whole thing on my phone and awkwardly laughed in a near empty coffee shop. But it still SUUHCKED.
    If that wasn't sarcastic:
    Way to make my power rankings look even more amateurish. I honesty freaked out when I thought the trade deadline had passed.

It was a thanks to everyone for the kind words. Probably could have been more clear.

I've had the idea for awhile but wanted to finalize the format and just get one done.

This is by no means any competition here for bestwrite-up. Just like in the real sporting world, there are different approaches to discussing the same news. This is just that. Trying to bring a little fun to the league.

Beeball Reasons, you should do your Power Rankings at the trade deadline and they should do another article at the trade deadline.

We are thinking about doing this every Friday... Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Nah, it's just the fact that you're really no different from last season, while the Raptors have evolved into a legit threat, and the list of possible Western foes is even stronger, which isn't good considering you were swept last season.
    Yea, it's not about that.. Btw i beat the raptors 3 outta 4 games this season (the 1st roster wasn't set by me, my bad)

Still don't think i'm a contender, east is easy and i'll be better next year

edit: Oh, just saw his trades, hmm

Excellent job fellas. Very enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Stephen A. was wrong about the Mobley move. That was by far the best offer I got. He was a FA at the end of the year and didn't have much value.

The Rasheed trade is controversial. Still, I have an older team that has no cap room and no assets to acquire a legit SF. I tried to acquire Shareef and Big Dog by offering Brad Miller, Cuttino Mobley, 2001 1st and 2003 1st. That's the best I could do. I traded Cato and Brent Barry away because Mobley and Miller were younger and better this season. However, Rasheed got hurt, and my team in general underachieved. No way, I was going to win big with this group. It was time to blow it up and start over. I got two young players in Wally Z (who's better than any SF I've had before) and a young PF in Etan Thomas who will start as well. I got an expiring contract in Reeves and two future 1st. Who knows how good he Toronto will be in 2004. I was the 3rd seed in the West last year and this year my team with the same nucleus stunk. Plus, Wallace has been injury prone the last two seasons. He's not a franchise PF. He shoots a low FG%, turns the ball over and gets hurt alot. His injury cost me in the first round against the Lakers. I'm not saying its a great move for me, but its the best I could do to start over.
    Rasheed was very unhappy with Rockets' management. He needed a change of scenery. His heart was in Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

For someone 1 game out of the playoffs, being mentioned as a threat isn't that bad.though I think my team can contend this year

Injuries had you there, think you're going to do what you did last year if not futher.

Thread Information