Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Austin Rivers will not be the Hornets 6th man.

Austin won't start but he will get a solid amount of minutes.. It will benefit him alot by not gaining the starting role, he will have to prove to Monty that he deserves that starting role over vasquez and will work harder, he will then realise that nothing comes easy in life and you have to work hard to get it. Him starting off the pace.. i guarantee you he wont work and train as hard then him coming off the bench for the first part of the season.

Should I eat the large slice of pizza first or the smaller one? The bigger the slice looks better so should I eat it first or wait to savor it? I'll eat both slices but which first? Can we speculate about this until it happens months from now? Can we have full blown debates based off pure speculation based off of as little data as possible? What does the winner get?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Should I eat the large slice of pizza first or the smaller one? The bigger the slice looks better so should I eat it first or wait to savor it? I'll eat both slices but which first? Can we speculate about this until it happens months from now? Can we have full blown debates based off pure speculation based off of as little data as possible? What does the winner get?
    I'm caught up in wondering what the Hornets rotation is going to look like, and I'm not the only one. http://t.co/k8uE3u7Q

The Hornets completely revamped their line up. Benson bought the team. We got Davis with the number one pick and Rivers was another high draft pick. We picked up some serious pieces over free agency in Anderson, Lopez and Mason jr. It seems like Monty Williams is going to make half the team play out of their natural position (Rivers moves to the point, Anderson and Davis might play anything from the 3 to the 5, Smith could play mainly at center and Xavier might have to play small forward.)

On top of all that excitement. I don't watch baseball and the Saints are still just in preseason. Plus I live in New Orleans, so yeah I'm caught up with speculating about the Horners future line up.

I'd still rather have taken J. Lamb
    The reasoning behind him dropping is ludicrous.
    The reasons we took Rivers over Lamb aren't plausible.

This thread is comedy gold. Rated A+++ and would buy again. We've got a guy making an absolute statement of fact completely randomly off the top of his head and with no basis in reality, and then we've got people arguing as to whether AR will be ROY or be a total NBA bust. Icing on the cake being closet Heat fan talking about Norris Cole and Kemba Walker like they're golden gods.

You guys think we could put a 3-way together to get Kemba and Norris in here and ship AR out before he plays a game in a Hornets uni?

The only good thing I can say about Cole is that he did have the best hair style of any rookie last year.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I'd still rather have taken J. Lamb
    The reasoning behind him dropping is ludicrous.
    The reasons we took Rivers over Lamb aren't plausible.
    You mean the fact that we were about to sign Gordon to a max deal and needed a 1 and they thought Rivers could be a 1 isn't plausible? I disagree.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crthomps View Post
    This thread is comedy gold. Rated A+++ and would buy again. We've got a guy making an absolute statement of fact completely randomly off the top of his head and with no basis in reality, and then we've got people arguing as to whether AR will be ROY or be a total NBA bust. Icing on the cake being closet Heat fan talking about Norris Cole and Kemba Walker like they're golden gods.

You guys think we could put a 3-way together to get Kemba and Norris in here and ship AR out before he plays a game in a Hornets uni?
    I love how people are getting so worked up about how I phrased the title. Sure I'm speculating, but most of these threads are wild speculation. I don't think I'm being so wild though look at the line up. The Hornets aren't going to have a traditional sixth man. Live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cavernity View Post
    I love how people are getting so worked up about how I phrased the title. Sure I'm speculating, but most of these threads are wild speculation. I don't think I'm being so wild though look at the line up. The Hornets aren't going to have a traditional sixth man. Live with it.
    Free will to write what you feel and differential opinions are not allowed on here.

Tread carefully my brother...

Intentionally misleading or baiting thread titles cause anger and poor responses which leads to crappy threads.

Quote Originally Posted by crthomps View Post

lol dude calm down and yes the thread is funny. also im fan of other teams is there something wrong with that.
    Ballin

he wont start vasquez is a better distributor!!!

Haha yeah, I saw Schwann's post the following day. I don't mean to sound like I'm vilifying your post, and you're welcome to any opinion, just as I'm welcome to mine that I don't care about wild speculation without any info to back it up. I think that since Monty became coach he has proved that he will play who he thinks will win him games and not conform to any kind of star treatment and won't worry about hurting egos in the process. So to say, "Robin Lopez is starting" doesn't matter to me. I'm sure some games he will and others he wont, some games he'll play well and log minutes and others he won't. Maybe Rivers becomes amazing this season and starts and maybe he doesn't. Our roster has been turned over and so most speculation can't be based off of much. Then again, maybe I'm just antsy for play to start. October can't come fast enough.

i'm just saying, if we wanted a point guard, why didn't we just draft a point guard, why this ridiculous undertaking trying to make someone who clearly isn't point into a point

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    i'm just saying, if we wanted a point guard, why didn't we just draft a point guard, why this ridiculous undertaking trying to make someone who clearly isn't point into a point
    The other points in the draft don't possess the play-making abilities that we need from our second guard. If Lillard was on the board at our pick, we would have him instead of Rivers. We don't need a pass-first guard. We need players to break down the defense out of broken plays at Rivers was the best available at the 10 spot. As long as he can recognize when it is better for him to give up the ball, he will be fine for us.

I wonder if Monty Williams will do mass substitutions right away, instead of slowly subbing people in one at a time towards the end of the first quarter . Did he do that last year?

I wonder if Monty Williams will do mass substitutions right away, instead of slowly subbing people in one at a time towards the end of the first quarter . Did he do that last year?
    I don't believe he has ever relied on mass substitutions. I do not see a reason why it will change this season.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Not gonna harp on what others have already touched on, but no.

He will absolutely be our 6th man, and a good one at that. In fact I'm really excited about him coming off the bench. Why some fans think having a good player that can come off the bench is a bad thing, I'll never understand.
    Wherehappens.

Thread Information