Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rockets waive Josh Harrellson

He was a big part of their Final Four run in 2011. They lost by one to UCONN. Otherwise they could have won the championship with him, Knight, Miller and Terrence Jones.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Brandon Knight and Miller were brutal that game while Terrence Jones and Lamb played well.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...nnecticut.html

According to 82games.com, he was at his best when he played center.

Yeah, he's a center. He's not a stretch PF. He's 275.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Alot of Knick fans really hated him because he took ridiculous amounts of 3s. So who knows.
    He played 37 games last year and averaged 1.6 3-pt attempts per game. I wouldn't say that is a ridiculous amount.

He spent a lot of time at PF with the knicks.

Also, Hoops Magazine has him rated as the number 5 NBA breakout star for 2012-2013. They are are calling it the "Next Jeremy Lin."

http://www.nba.com/hoop/lowpost/the_...012_08_06.html

Hassan Whiteside number 10!
    Last edited by HornetsFan1; 08-16-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Alot of Knick fans really hated him because he took ridiculous amounts of 3s. So who knows.
    I'm also a fan of the Knicks and the complaint from a lot of fans wasn't him taking those threes, it was D'Antoni letting him/having him take those threes.

The Hornets should definitely pick him up. Would also be nice to have him play for New Orleans after being traded by them.
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Well, I like Jorts or Whiteside, or even Robert Sacre (lakers no doubt will release him - I think they only have one unsigned position available).

One of those three would be great!

I like H Whiteside big upside he wlll look good swatting. shots beside Anthony davis ......hassan is 7'0....defense presence
    ....Harrelson gives the hornets that ugly, old school Charles oakley game...change of pace.......

Knicks fans forum posts about Jorts.

Word has it Houston will be waiving the beloved Josh Harrelson to make way for Delfino. I know a few of you were broken hearted to see him go. Maybe there can be a re-connection. Qeue the slow music..."Reunited and it feels so good.."
    i knew someone was going to make this ignorant thread as soon as i heard Jorts was waived.
    does it really require it's own thread?
    [X] no.
    Can someone clue me in on this love of Jorts. I don't see it. The kid hustles and can rebound but other then that what is there? His shot is hit or miss and he isn't blocking anyone unless they're 6ft. We can do much better with that spot. Even if we could sign him yesterday I'm passing.
    dam* it wouldve been great if jorts could take that guaranteed spot..
    Dam*, got beaten to it twice... Jorts won't be able to sign with us

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
    For those asking, Knicks can't sign Jorts til next July. Will probably be claimed on waivers by somebody like Cleveland or New Orleans.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
    For those asking, Knicks can't sign Jorts til next July. Will probably be claimed on waivers by somebody like Cleveland or New Orleans.
    Apparently John doesn't like us or Cleveland because he has said this exact same thing like 2 or 3 times this off season

Yea i remember he said it about Jon Leur but the Cavs did sign him haha

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    Knicks fans forum posts about Jorts.
    You found the other board I post at.

Josh Harrellson is turrning heads every where!

Now everyone wants to know who will become The Next Jeremy Lin -- a guy who went from the bottom hundred in the league to perhaps the top hundred all in one season. While we may not witness another jump quite like Lin's in the coming season, he was just one of many diamonds in the rough last season.

Last year, we ranked Lavoy Allen, a playoff starter for the Philadelphia 76ers, dead-last at 500th. Isaiah Thomas, the last pick of the 2011 draft and 464th-ranked player, won Rookie of the Month twice in 2011-12. And the San Antonio Spurs won 20 consecutive games last season with 421st-ranked Danny Green in the starting lineup.

As we learned last season, there's a good chance that several players will seemingly come out of nowhere and shock the basketball community. Who will do that next year?

Here are five candidates in the bottom 100:

Harrellson
    Josh Harrellson (free agent)
    NBArank: 403
    Interestingly enough, Harrellson finds himself in a position similar to what Lin experienced last season for the Houston Rockets. Although Harrellson has proved he can play at an NBA level, the Rockets simply feature too many bodies ahead of him on the depth chart, and like Lin, Harrellson was the odd man out. There's a legitimate chance that the Rockets may be kicking themselves for this cut, as well.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-standings-nba

Thread Information