.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Rockets waive Josh Harrellson

  1. #1
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,752

    NBA Rockets waive Josh Harrellson

    I think he would be a solid pickup for the minimum. He's only 23, he's 6'10, 275.

    Didn't get alot of minutes for the Knicks, but when he played, he seemed to be productive with his defense and rebounding. He wasn't great offensively, but surprisingly he shot 34% from beyond the arc (made 20 out of 59 3's)

    His overall numbers were 4.4 pts, 4 rebounds in 15 mpg

    Per 36 minutes, he averaged 10.8 pts, 9.6 boards, 1.3 blocks

    His offensive/defensive rating was 105/98 compared to the Knicks 104/101 and his win shares per 48 minutes was 0.127 which is pretty good.

    He only shot 42% from the field (did shoot a few threes) and 61% from the FT line. His total shooting was 51% which is ok and his eFG% wsa 49% which isn't that great.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  2. #2
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,109
    ESPN lists him as a F, if he can play both the 5 and 4 I say hells yeah.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  3. #3
    R.I.P Aussie_Hornet AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,824
    He was actually drafted by the Hornets in 2011 but was traded for cash to NY.
    He is young so why not?
    We need a third center anyway.
    Either Harrellson or Whiteside are ok with me.

  4. #4
    I think right now if anything we go after a point guard!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    He was actually drafted by the Hornets in 2011 but was traded for cash to NY.
    He is young so why not?
    We need a third center anyway.
    Either Harrellson or Whiteside are ok with me.
    I would rather Harrellson because he is a harder worker.

  6. #6
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,353
    Definitely worth a look for the minimum.

  7. #7
    Jason Smith had similar overall numbers in his rookie season. I'd bet Monty could bring some good minutes out of Harrellson.

  8. #8
    He will be a good add to training camp competion....another Kentucky addition....our new mascot wildcats lol

  9. #9
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Jason Smith had similar overall numbers in his rookie season. I'd bet Monty could bring some good minutes out of Harrellson.
    If nothing else I think it would be a good idea just for depth. If he made the team I don't think he would ever see the floor unless of an injury.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PLAY TO WIN View Post
    He will be a good add to training camp competion....another Kentucky addition....our new mascot wildcats lol
    Been following Hornets games for a couple of years off and on but never considered myself a serious fan. The only NBA team I've seen in person at that. Now that they drafted Davis and Miller I'm finally officially becoming a fan all the way up in Lexington Kentucky. So hey its not a bad thought! haha

  11. #11
    Big Blue Nation to NOLA UKbluein850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL via Lexington, KY
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by PLAY TO WIN View Post
    He will be a good add to training camp competion....another Kentucky addition....our new mascot wildcats lol
    Man I am all about it! Haha
    You can take a man outta Kentucky...but you can't take the Kentucky outta a man!

  12. #12
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,520
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but he seems like Goose 2.0 to me, as far as play style.
    @DanielVeuleman

  13. #13
    Hall of Famer onpointlikecp3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Upper Penninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    759
    I wouldn't be opposed to signing Harrellson, but it seems like Whiteside has more upside and for the league minimum, I want the guy with the higher ceiling.




    You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

    https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

  14. #14
    Hall of Famer onpointlikecp3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Upper Penninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoLob View Post
    Been following Hornets games for a couple of years off and on but never considered myself a serious fan. The only NBA team I've seen in person at that. Now that they drafted Davis and Miller I'm finally officially becoming a fan all the way up in Lexington Kentucky. So hey its not a bad thought! haha
    How can you only see on NBA team in person?

  15. #15
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,109
    Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    How can you only see on NBA team in person?


    sadly I read it and knew what he meant and didn't think twice.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    How can you only see on NBA team in person?
    Honestly I don't even know what you mean. Now I feel dumb.

    Edit -

    Ah.... I get it. You know what I mean. Haha got some wise guys on here.
    Last edited by AutoLob; 08-16-2012 at 12:16 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to signing Harrellson, but it seems like Whiteside has more upside and for the league minimum, I want the guy with the higher ceiling.
    I disagree. Harrellson, IMO, has more potential with us because we have Ryan Anderson, and they are a lot alike. It would be great if they worked out together because Anderson can teach a lot to him. Harrellson will be a center on this team though not a PF, but he has a big body.
    Last edited by HornetsFan1; 08-16-2012 at 12:24 PM.

  18. #18
    Maybe it was a practice ! Normally a nba game has two teams haha

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Well it was the Hornets vs the Cavs without LeBron so I don't consider them a real NBA team.

  21. #21
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,377
    Alot of Knick fans really hated him because he took ridiculous amounts of 3s. So who knows.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Alot of Knick fans really hated him because he took ridiculous amounts of 3s. So who knows.
    Well if Anderson can't help him, Monty wont let him take 3s.

  23. #23
    Big boy got angry!


  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Jason Smith had similar overall numbers in his rookie season. I'd bet Monty could bring some good minutes out of Harrellson.
    I think the team needs some Smith insurance and am all for picking up a stretch 4 to develop. Next year Smith could get dumped if Demps can convince a max player to come here and even if that doesn't happen Smith will probably get a big pay raise in 2 years, possibly more than the Hornets are willing to pay for a bench player.

  25. #25
    Sorry about all the videos, but had to post this. Hardworker, apparently.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •