Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lakers/ Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    I think it's a fair loophole. IMO if a team is dumb enough to trade away all their 1st rounders then they should be free to do so.
    Well the original rule change was to keep the dumb teams from doing just that.
    Cleveland trade a first rounder to the lakers for a so so veteran and that pick became James Worthy

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I can't believe I missed all of this action!! I had to work out, y'all should've waited till I got back lol
    What you missed was everyone hates me and beeball is the conduit to express that.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I'm just saying, I'm pretty sure Trell, HornetsfaninKY and Coltsguy didn't aperciate it, I try to just check if all the trades follow the rules, and you immediately conclude I'm just hating. Why do you think you have so many rivals and enemies.
    I remember arguing about homecourt but don't remember making your signature...

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Ceballos and Vladmir have death threats on my life for essentially giving them away or scraps... THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE! (assuming my trade falls through)
    Interested in Ceballos
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    What you missed was everyone hates me and beeball is the conduit to express that.
    And that when I speak I speak for everybody whether you like my opinion or not

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I remember arguing about homecourt but don't remember making your signature...

Interested in Ceballos
    I made a jab at you after you made a jab at me which i thought was water under the bridge, but apparently other people on the board considered that still a standing issue. Anyway, I'm going to pm you your stats in the morning if that's cool?

And that when I speak I speak for everybody whether you like my opinion or not
    Really? Because I don't see many backers.

Really? Because I don't see many backers.
    I was laughing at myself dude. I meant I speak for HornetsfaninKY whether he wants me to or not.

I think it's a fair loophole. IMO if a team is dumb enough to trade away all their 1st rounders then they should be free to do so.
    Don't taze me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

I was laughing at myself dude. I meant I speak for HornetsfaninKY whether he wants me to or not.
    Ahh man, tone is hard to express and to be received on boards.

Ahh man, tone is hard to express and to be received on boards.
    I'm sure this will be water under the bridge too soon enough. It's rather hypocritical of me to pick a fight with you over you picking fights with others so I apologize for that.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Yeah, oh. Political Rap. Yo yo. Demon apathy, yo zappity.
    Adventure Time?

It's cool. I almost mentioned it myself, but whatever. I think me putting coltguys stuff out there may have been harsh, and i know this is half hearted, but I think it was best because I think he's made a pretty good effort to make better offers since then (a WHOLE day). I think everyone's intent here is kind natured but egos get in the way at times. You're right I have said some things I would rather have not said, but i have made amends without being scripted to do so. There are times I do prod a bit out of gamesmanship (something i do face to face to my friends), but nothing more. I don't think i take things to a personal level or tell people to "shut their mouths"; which in all honesty is fighting words not over the internet. I get that you appologize and I accept it. I respect your GM skills (and power rankings as ive stated before) and think you're a decent enough guy from what a web posting board can show; to add most of the people in this thread are great for this league because they care. whether someone values a player or a pick or high or too low, or is hesitant to pull the trigger or not; that's their right, but to have a league where no one's challenging anyone else (on a nonpersonal level)? That's no fun, Let's be real.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Now I think everything should be moved from here to the league chat thread.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

On a serious note, NO ONE else saw the parallel between Prep's post on page one to real life. I think it's such an interesting issue that the economics of talent in the league wil almost mirror that of the NBA. It just so happens some of the teams are the same, but I love the dynamics of it all. Look at this trade, good for both teams, but sends more talent to an already powerful team. Look at the Raptors trade who really gave up 2 late first and scraps for a guy like Rasheed Wallace (and i'm not saying it's a bad trade, i get what the rockets were doing). Isn't it interesting?

It's like we are small market teams lol.

On a serious note, NO ONE else saw the parallel between Prep's post on page one to real life. I think it's such an interesting issue that the economics of talent in the league wil almost mirror that of the NBA. It just so happens some of the teams are the same, but I love the dynamics of it all. Look at this trade, good for both teams, but sends more talent to an already powerful team. Look at the Raptors trade who really gave up 2 late first and scraps for a guy like Rasheed Wallace (and i'm not saying it's a bad trade, i get what the rockets were doing). Isn't it interesting?
    Well there's always buyers and sellers, the real difference between the buyers and sellers here, and the buyers and sellers in the NBA is that there aren't always the same buyers and sellers. It's more about GM skill than who has the most money and the biggest market

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I like making other teams better and taking pride in their success. Much easier than trying to build a championship team.

I like making other teams better and taking pride in their success. Much easier than trying to build a championship team.

Well there's always buyers and sellers, the real difference between the buyers and sellers here, and the buyers and sellers in the NBA is that there aren't always the same buyers and sellers. It's more about GM skill than who has the most money and the biggest market
    More than about skills. It's about situation, if you have a plan; what your plan is etc. . It's dynamic not static.

Well if you're a bad GM you could be buying when you shouldn't be and selling when you shouldn't be. It take a good GM to determine the situation and formulate the plan.

HEYYY!! All you contenders I have some nice backups that'll help your team a lot! Pm me if interested. I have plenty

Sorry to post this you guys trade thread, as we all know this is where the heats at.

I think we should move all the discussion over to the league chat thread

CP3 only the first 2 posts of this thread are important.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Adventure Time?
    Yeah, bro! THESE LUMPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU KNOW YOU SLUMP UP ON THESE LUMPPPPPPPPS BUT YOU CANT CUZ YOU'RE A CHUMP A CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPP

LOL me too! (sup Balls)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Just stirring the pot.

I'm pretty annoyed that the Cavs sent their first to the Magic for $6 when I clearly stated in the league chat thread I would give anyone $8. So now I'm on an anarchist mission to destroy the world. Or, just **** in everyone's punchbowl.
    Sorry dude, must've missed that one.

Thread Information