Views:	80 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	4216

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stephon-marbury.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	4217
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 08-15-2012 at 12:07 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I accept

I had a chance to build a winning team around Shaq but I failed by trading for players like Stockton and Rodgers.

PS this has been trade checked.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    So much real life in this thread... Shaq a Laker and Marbury a T-Wolf.

I really wanted Starbury to win a title in LA too, he used to bet favorite player

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Good trade for both teams. But man why do people keep helping the good teams get better? Lakers just solidified their mark as a title contender the next few years!
    Last edited by PrepP; 08-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.

It helps the Lakers this year and next, but I think this is great for the Wolves as it gives them a pretty much guaranteed top 5 pick to match with Marbury, Gasol, and Battier. Not to mention Dale Davis is a solid 10/10 Center. So with the trade, wolves could stay in playoff hunt this year, but be even better next 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Good trade for both teams. But man why do people keep helping the good teams get better? Lakers just solidified their mark as a title contender the next few years!
    I didn't have faith in my ability to build a winning team in the next few years. I tried my hardest not to deal him to L.A because of how good that team is, but every other deal fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    . I tried my hardest not to deal him to L.A because of how good that team is,
    Ack! That's why this took 2 years LOL
    We will see how good I can become with Shaq. I do have 2 first team all leaguers now, but my team was predicated on not turning the ball over, rebounding, distrubting and playing good D. Shaq is a turnover machine and doesn't make free throws (which my team is already terrble at with the additon of Outlaw). It'll be interesting to see if I can get the right lineup by the playoffs.

I think it was good to the Wolves, agree or disagree, because Marbury is pretty great and is having one of the better seasons as a PG at 24. He had the second highest assist rate in the league (behind Van Exel doing the advanced stats) and scored 4 more ppg while being 5 years younger, and scored The top 5 pick (most likely) with the low salary allows the Wolves to be financially fluid filling in the missing pieces.

I didn't have faith in my ability to build a winning team in the next few years. I tried my hardest not to deal him to L.A because of how good that team is, but every other deal fell apart.
    Not bashing yall's trade at all. both teams got good pieces and have different short term goals. Shaq limited you financially but damn is he a beast. Put him on a team like the Lakers and everyone better watch out! Good trade for you too Nola. I just hate that teams are giving the Lakers these players to dominate. LOL. Oh Well. Not a topic for this thread but would like to see some kind of penalty for teams over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Not bashing yall's trade at all. both teams got good pieces and have different short term goals. Shaq limited you financially but damn is he a beast. Put him on a team like the Lakers and everyone better watch out! Good trade for you too Nola. I just hate that teams are giving the Lakers these players to dominate. LOL. Oh Well. Not a topic for this thread but would like to see some kind of penalty for teams over the cap.
    Wait are you talking about the Dwight Howard trade?
    Also, the Spurs are still 20 million more over the the cap than I am ..

While I agree there should be some kind of penalty, I don't think it could be implemented until all players are off their original draft deals. Some teams drafted into debt basically and didn't even know. Maybe after the 5th season we can do something like that.

Those damn Lakers!!

But actually good trade for both guys top pick to go with Gasol plus Starbury, not bad
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Our trade could've been done, I just was asking if that would have been ok. But if it was a no, we where going to approve it today.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Our trade could've been done, I just was asking if that would have been ok. But if it was a no, we where going to approve it today.
    I really wanted to do our deal but it didn't feel like you were gonna go through with it. I know it's a part of negotiations but you kept changing certain things that we agreed upon for over a week now. The Davis/pick offer made me think you felt the original offer was too much so I just moved on. I wish you had been on sooner though because I definitely preferred that deal if I'm gonna be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Wait are you talking about the Dwight Howard trade?
    Also, the Spurs are still 20 million more over the the cap than I am ..
    Or the Freaking Brooklyn Nets. They are going to be so far over the cap. Yeah there are some teams in this league that are WAY over the cap but there is NO penalty for it so it doesn't effect them. I do agree that some teams got stuck with a lot of players in the draft that put them over, but there has to be some kind of way we can figure out to penalize it. Problem is teams over don't want a penalty yet, teams under do. LOL

I really wanted to do our deal but it didn't feel like you were gonna go through with it. I know it's a part of negotiations but you kept changing certain things that we agreed upon for over a week now. The Davis/pick offer made me think you felt the original offer was too much so I just moved on. I wish you had been on sooner though because I definitely preferred that deal if I'm gonna be honest.
    It's not processed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    These are the kind of posts that should probably be kept out of finalized trade threads. No need to discuss trades that coulda/shoulda/woulda been. Trell, sounds like you were wishy washy and flaked on the deal. It happens. Next time, if you agree on a deal, don't try to change whatever the original deal was to see if you can get less. Hold your ground and stick to what's agreed.

Anyway, this kind of stuff doesn't belong in the finalized trade threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    It's not processed yet.
    Pretty sure that once I accept it in this thread that I'm not allowed to back out, plus I couldn't do that to ballsohard. He's cool and I'd feel pretty awful for doing something like that.

It's not processed yet.
    Ya but once its approved, thats kinda it if I remember right

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Ya but once its approved, thats kinda it if I remember right
    Yup, and if I remember correctly, that might have been when the previous Raptors owner left the league lol... He accepted and then tried to delete his post and back out of the trade... but CP3 held him to it. He was getting Van Exel and Etan Thomas for Finley and something else... i forget

Just stirring the pot.

I'm pretty annoyed that the Cavs sent their first to the Magic for $6 when I clearly stated in the league chat thread I would give anyone $8. So now I'm on an anarchist mission to destroy the world. Or, just **** in everyone's punchbowl.

Yeah, once its accepted it's pretty much a done deal unless salaries don't work or some other rule comes into play.

Really, you can't say ****. Why is the word **** bleeped out. What is this world coming to when you can't say the word ****. At least I can ****. Oh hell, **** on it.

Really, you can't say ****. Why is the word **** bleeped out. What is this world coming to when you can't say the word ****. At least I can ****. Oh hell, **** on it.
    hornetsreport is really bad when it comes to censorship and other rules. Some people take posting on a message board far too seriously.

Thread Information