Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Bynum a realistic option next year?

Andrew Bynum likes 76ers

Andrew Bynum said he wants to be a big part of the Philadelphia 76ers' future.

At his introductory news conference Wednesday, Bynum hinted that he is extremely happy with the blockbuster four-team trade involving Dwight Howard that sent him from the Los Angeles Lakers to the 76ers.

Bynum, eligible to become an unrestricted free agent after this season, was introduced along with the newly acquired Jason Richardson in a news conference that was unusual in that it was open to the public.

Fans immediately made Bynum feel welcome to the City of Brotherly Love with chants of "Andrew Bynum! and "Beat L.A." as he walked to the stage.

Asked if he was considering signing a contract extension with 76ers, Bynum got another roar out of the fans by saying, "To be honest, my first experience here's been so great, I'm really looking forward to making this my home."

Bynym, who averaged career highs of 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds last season, grew up about an hour outside of Philadelphia.

Unlike in Los Angeles, where the Lakers have Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, the 76ers are expected to run their offense through the 7-foot Bynum, a major change for him.

"It's the next step in my career," he said. "I'm excited about this team. Seeing them last year, what Doug (Collins) did with them. They're a young team with a lot of energy."

Bynum did confirm reports that he will undergo an experimental procedure on his knee in Germany. He plans to have the non-surgical treatment, known as Orthokine/Regenokine, in early September.

Bynum has been plagued by knee injuries throughout his career, but remained healthy last season. Bynum currently is not suffering from any knee injuries, but was impressed with the results Bryant experienced after having the procedure last season.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...e-andrew-bynum

Yeah, just wait until the awful Philly fans/media turn on him the second he doesn't give 100% effort on the court.... And you know they will. He's in the honeymoon phase right now, but it won't last. That doesn't mean that I think we'll sign him. I'm just saying his words mean nothing right now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Philly fans are horrid in how they turn on ya. He won't like eing there. Especially him.

Thread Information