.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Austin Rivers VS Brandon Knight

  1. #1

    Austin Rivers VS Brandon Knight

    I loved watching both of these guys' one year stints in college but which individual do you think has the most potential and will have the more successful career? Both clearly have bright futures, The obvious choice for hornets
    Fans is Rivers but what do you guys think realistically? Knight is already off to a fast start with 60 starts in 66 games averaging 32 minutes a game his rookie season. He also averaged 12.8 PPG 3.8 APG and 3.2 RPG. Him being only 6'3 and Rivers almost 6'5, I think Rivers gets the big advantage with the height. I think if Rivers gets the same minutes per game as Knight did then he could average similar numbers, but I dont see him playing over 30 minutes a game. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    370
    Brandon Knight

  3. #3
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,154
    Definitely Knight. This is a bad comparison too.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

  4. #4
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,786
    DR. AR 25
    True Love

  5. #5
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,736
    I love Brandon Knight, I think he'll be an excellent PG.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  6. #6
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,154
    Knight will be the best point guard, because he's been playing this position forever, while this is Rivers 1st year. Now flat out scorer, Rivers

  7. #7
    for me its too early to dictate anything with Rivers but knight is one hell of a PG it will be tough for rivers to top him

  8. #8
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,545
    I sometimes forget Brandon Knight exists.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    3,271
    Can we let AR play a few regular season games? AR doesn't even know what type of NBA player he's going to be yet.

  10. #10
    Davis made me come home The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I sometimes forget Brandon Knight exists.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    It's the Detroit effect. Even though Greg Monroe is good, I always forget about him because he's stuck up there.

  11. #11
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,581
    Right now the obvious answer is Knight, he has played the position for a while and has NBA experience, that kid has talent. I would like to see his fg% improve, but that is another topic, he is also only 20 years old...INSANE. I'm not ready to say Rivers won't be better yet, but that is just because I have not seen how he will handle playing PG his first year in the league. I usually could care less about NBA preseason, but damn I'm so excited for it this year!

    EDIT: And I do see rivers playing around 30mpg.

  12. #12
    Wake up, Mr. West! Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,396
    Off subject, but If Rivers could get 3.8 assists per game his rookie year I would be very happy with those numbers.
    #NeverForget the Kostas Papanikolaou Wikipedia page crisis

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I loved watching both of these guys' one year stints in college but which individual do you think has the most potential and will have the more successful career? Both clearly have bright futures, The obvious choice for hornets
    Fans is Rivers but what do you guys think realistically? Knight is already off to a fast start with 60 starts in 66 games averaging 32 minutes a game his rookie season. He also averaged 12.8 PPG 3.8 APG and 3.2 RPG. Him being only 6'3 and Rivers almost 6'5, I think Rivers gets the big advantage with the height. I think if Rivers gets the same minutes per game as Knight did then he could average similar numbers, but I dont see him playing over 30 minutes a game. Thoughts?
    Rivers plays smaller than 6'5 cuz oh his normal wingspan and average vertical. What I've seen from knight he seems longer than rivers. So if Anything id say knight plays bigger than rivers

  14. #14
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,581
    Quote Originally Posted by beastbowen40 View Post
    Rivers plays smaller than 6'5 cuz oh his normal wingspan and average vertical. What I've seen from knight he seems longer than rivers. So if Anything id say knight plays bigger than rivers
    I don't see how either one has an advantage. rivers is just 2 inches taller and has a better wingspan and no step vertical. their max verticals are the same.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •