Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Worst trades of the past decade

It's unfair I've been waiting my whole life for LA to be in the lottery for a crappy record

When will it come

It's not from the last decade, but Milwaukee trading the rights for Dirk Nowitzki in order to get their hands on 'Tractor' Traylor has always been one of my personal favourites.

Golden State managed to turn Chris Webber and Tim Hardaway into Tom Gugliotta and Bimbo Coles essentially during the 90s- that was a pretty special time.

Not sure anything can beat Orlando's magnum opus today though.. wow.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    It's unfair I've been waiting my whole life for LA to be in the lottery for a crappy record

When will it come
    That's not going to happen as long as they have that new 15 year TV deal in place.

Shortly after settling the new CBA, the NBA also hammered out a new revenue-sharing plan. Under the new model, Buss estimated that the Lakers, who used to dole out approximately $4 million to $6 million a season in revenue sharing, now will owe anywhere from $50 million to $80 million in revenue sharing each season.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...y-team-profits

The 29 other owners now have much more of a vested interest in keeping the Lakers popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    It's not from the last decade, but Milwaukee trading the rights for Dirk Nowitzki in order to get their hands on 'Tractor' Traylor has always been one of my personal favourites.

Golden State managed to turn Chris Webber and Tim Hardaway into Tom Gugliotta and Bimbo Coles essentially during the 90s- that was a pretty special time.

Not sure anything can beat Orlando's magnum opus today though.. wow.
    I don't think it qualifies because nobody knew how good Dirk would be. We know Howard is the best big in the league and what did Orl get for him again?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't think it qualifies because nobody knew how good Dirk would be. We know Howard is the best big in the league and what did Orl get for him again?
    I think the Mavs had an inkling..

Re. Howard- read the last line in my previous post again.

holy crap did anyone else just hear they cut tyrann mathieu from lsu for rule violations?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    No arguments here
    Well to be fair it was with a little help from David Stern.

Without that the Paul trade could have rated as one of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    They were better off taking a 2-3 prospects from Houston, a draft pick, and an expiring contract.
    I agree, but the Magic GM claimed Houston's offer sheets complicated a trade with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    I agree, but the Magic GM claimed Houston's offer sheets complicated a trade with them.
    If they were that desperate to deal with the Rockets, you presume that they would have found a way around it.. I just don't see how this is better than any potential deal that was publicised. The Rockets could offer better and more young players + better picks+ cap space; the Nets could offer a piece to build around in Lopez + more first-rounders. The Hawks could have (potentially) offered Horford and picks; and even a straight up deal with the Lakers could've netted Bynum, and whilst the Magic had a clear goal revolving around cap space & picks/prospects, he would have offered the closest possible replacement for a team that just built a new arena, and that has a 86 year old owner that would love to see his team succeed before he kicks the bucket.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ed-trades-ever

Here's some ideas.. Most are from further back than a decade though

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    That's not going to happen as long as they have that new 15 year TV deal in place.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...y-team-profits

The 29 other owners now have much more of a vested interest in keeping the Lakers popular.
    That money will be there whether the Lakers suck or not.

Thread Information